It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

FPS Russia star arrested in Georgia on drug charges

http://www.guns.com/2017/08/24/fps-russia-star-arrested-in-georgia-on-drug-charges/

YouTube gun personality Kyle Lamar Myers, best known for his character Dmitri Potapoff on the FPS Russia channel, was arrested earlier this month. As reported by the Athens-Banner Herald, Myers, 30, was arrested on Aug. 8 by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office on charges of illegally obtaining drugs shipped to his post office box in Carnesville, Georgia.

According to jail dockets, Myers was booked on possession of a Schedule I or II controlled substance with intent to distribute and possession and use of drug related objects. Under Georgia law, the intent charge is a felony punishable by anywhere from one to 30 years in prison. As detailed by the Herald, following his arrest agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives obtained a warrant for Myer’s property and seized more than 50 firearms.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:50 pm 

MPMalloy wrote:
Quote:
Scene: A gun shop. One corner is occupied by a group of customers wearing black t-shirts.

A man and woman enter…

Man: Morning!

Gun Store Employee: Morning!

Man: Well, what’ve you got?

Employee: Well, there’s SIG and Ruger; SIG Walther and Ruger; SIG and GLOCK; SIG Ruger
and GLOCK; SIG Ruger Walther and GLOCK; GLOCK Ruger Walther and GLOCK; GLOCK
SIG GLOCK GLOCK Ruger and GLOCK; GLOCK Walther GLOCK GLOCK Ruger GLOCK Beretta
and GLOCK;

Customers in black: GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK…

Employee: …GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK SIG and GLOCK; GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK
Smith & Wesson GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK…

Customers: GLOCK! Perfect GLOCK! Perfect GLOCK!

Employee: …or a Benelli Vinci, a Mauser with a custom stock made in a Mannlicher
style of Turkish walnut with ebony inlays and an ajustable trigger in a fitted
case with a matching SIG and GLOCK.

Woman: Have you got anything without GLOCK?

Employee: Well, there’s GLOCK SIG Walther and GLOCK, that’s not got much GLOCK in it.

Woman: I don’t want ANY GLOCK!

Man: Why can’t she have SIG Ruger GLOCK and Walther?

Woman: THAT’S got GLOCK in it!

Man: Hasn’t got as much GLOCK in it as GLOCK SIG Walther and GLOCK, has it?

Customers: GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK… (Crescendo through next few lines…)

Woman: Could you do the SIG Ruger GLOCK and Walther without the GLOCK then?

Employee: Urgghh!

Woman: What do you mean ‘Urgghh’? I don’t like GLOCK!

Customers: Perfect GLOCK! Wonderful GLOCK!

Employee: Shut up!

Customers: Perfect GLOCK! Wonderful GLOCK!

Employee: Shut up! (Customers stop) Bloody Customers! You can’t have SIG Ruger GLOCK and
Walther without the GLOCK.

Woman: I don’t like GLOCK!

Man: Sshh, dear, don’t cause a fuss. I’ll have your GLOCK. I love it. I’m having GLOCK
GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK Smith & Wesson GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK and GLOCK!

Customers: GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK. Perfect GLOCK! Wonderful GLOCK!

Employee: Shut up!! Smith & Wesson are backordered.

Man: Well could I have her GLOCK instead of the Smith & Wesson then?

Employee: You mean GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK… (but it is too late and the
Customers drown her words)

Customers: (Singing elaborately…) GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK. Perfect GLOCK! Wonderful
GLOCK! GLOCK GLO-O-O-O-O-CK GLOCK GLO-O-O-O-O-CK GLOCK. Perfect GLOCK! Perfect
GLOCK! Perfect GLOCK! Perfect GLOCK! Perfect GLOCK! GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK!

:crazy: Group mind think. I almost posted the Monty Python clip last night to the " Whats for dinner thread "
I don't much like Glocks . Of course if some one wants to give me one , I'll gladly take it. But I would just as gladly take one of those skanky Leinad shot-pistols too so that's not a real indication of anything other than my lust for firearms in general

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 pm 

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Didn't Glock just release the Gen 4 pistols like two years ago ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock#Product_evolution

Oh yeah that reminds me, I am sure there will be a tactical thigamjig added to the magazines to ensure that they are not backwards compatible.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:08 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:

http://www.guns.com/2017/08/24/fps-russia-star-arrested-in-georgia-on-drug-charges/

YouTube gun personality Kyle Lamar Myers, best known for his character Dmitri Potapoff on the FPS Russia channel, was arrested earlier this month. As reported by the Athens-Banner Herald, Myers, 30, was arrested on Aug. 8 by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office on charges of illegally obtaining drugs shipped to his post office box in Carnesville, Georgia.

According to jail dockets, Myers was booked on possession of a Schedule I or II controlled substance with intent to distribute and possession and use of drug related objects. Under Georgia law, the intent charge is a felony punishable by anywhere from one to 30 years in prison. As detailed by the Herald, following his arrest agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives obtained a warrant for Myer’s property and seized more than 50 firearms.

So that explains why FPSNumbnuts hasn't been on YouTube for awhile.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

For sumdood from Dueling Banjos, Georgia (not Tbilisi, Georgia), FPS Russia could be entertaining at times.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:58 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

RickOShea wrote:
For sumdood from Dueling Banjos, Georgia (not Tbilisi, Georgia), FPS Russia could be entertaining at times.

Agreed.

He was a lot more entertaining than Nut'n'Fancy with his hour long ramblings disguised as reviews. FPS Russia's stuff at least got to the point within 10 minutes or so.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 am 

I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that Nut-n-fancy was a LtCol and pilot in the Air Force. He got deployed to the desert and was flying KC-135s.

<shaking my head>

I just could not imagine being cooped up in a plane with him for 4 hours plus listening to him ramble on.

I have a sneaky suspicion he was flying for tbe Utah Air Guard...which means that during the rest of the month he could be flying for the airlines. YIKES!

Guns are icky!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:34 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

chills1994 wrote:
I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that Nut-n-fancy was a LtCol and pilot in the Air Force. He got deployed to the desert and was flying KC-135s.

<shaking my head>

I just could not imagine being cooped up in a plane with him for 4 hours plus listening to him ramble on.

I have a sneaky suspicion he was flying for tbe Utah Air Guard...which means that during the rest of the month he could be flying for the airlines. YIKES!

If I was trapped on a plane with Nut'n'fancy, I'd have either tried to jump from the plane or tried to toss him from it.

His videos wouldn't be so bad if he didn't pad them with his ramblings and only get to the damn point in the last ten minutes of the video.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:29 pm 

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

I think his Youtube days are over. Maybe Court TV.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Stercutus wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

I think his Youtube days are over. Maybe Court TV.

If not Court TV then maybe TruTV. That channel has a record of hiring folks with criminal records. I mean, they hired Tonya Harding and the guy who played Gary Coleman's brother on Different Strokes, so maybe FPSNumbnuts has a shot.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

In all seriousness though, part of me is wondering why the guy behind FPSRussia did what he's being charged with.

He had one of the most popular channels on YouTube this side of Pewdiepie and had millions of fans, so why did he throw it all away on some drug charges ?

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
In all seriousness though, part of me is wondering why the guy behind FPSRussia did what he's being charged with.

He had one of the most popular channels on YouTube this side of Pewdiepie and had millions of fans, so why did he throw it all away on some drug charges ?
Money, I suspect.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:41 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

Money, I suspect.

That could be it, MP.

From what I heard, dude was pulling in a ton of money (like almost six figures at one point) at the height of his channels popularity (which was around 2011/2012 or so).

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

Money, I suspect.

That could be it, MP.

From what I heard, dude was pulling in a ton of money (like almost six figures at one point) at the height of his channels popularity (which was around 2011/2012 or so).
I could also be that his fame went to his head & he thought he could do whatever he wanted. I dunno, I have never watched his channel, but I've met a number of people who get a big head & do stupid stuff.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:11 pm 

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

Money, I suspect.

That could be it, MP.

Seems to me this leaves a bit of a vacuum that needs filling... that maybe a crazy Ukrainian chimp could fill. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:19 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Ego probably had something to do with this, MP.

In other news, I found out recently that my local Academy store sells lower parts kits for ARs. They've got a DPMS branded kit and one from a company called XTS. The DPMS kit is about 60 bucks and the XTS kit like about 50 bucks or so. I'm tempted to grab one and get a stripped lower later on and finally build myself an AR.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:22 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

KJ4VOV wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

Money, I suspect.

That could be it, MP.

Seems to me this leaves a bit of a vacuum that needs filling... that maybe a crazy Ukrainian chimp could fill. :mrgreen:

Neat idea. I could call myself "FPSUkraine". :lol:

Actually, I've been working on making a 12_Gauge_Chimp YouTube channel. I've got stuff to make videos about and I've got a good camera go film the videos with, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on actually starting the channel.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:33 pm 

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

In other news, I found out recently that my local Academy store sells lower parts kits for ARs. They've got a DPMS branded kit and one from a company called XTS. The DPMS kit is about 60 bucks and the XTS kit like about 50 bucks or so. I'm tempted to grab one and get a stripped lower later on and finally build myself an AR.

There's better quality lower kits out there for that kind of money, but you'd have to pay shipping on them. Shop around a bit online before plunking down your cash.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 pm 

It looks like the next pistol I buy will be a 9mm Beretta Px4 Storm. Is there any reason not to? I'd like to know whether I'm going to make a mistake. (Disclaimer: it could be months before I get around to actually buying it.)

SMoAF wrote:
You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 pm 

Towanda wrote:
It looks like the next pistol I buy will be a 9mm Beretta Px4 Storm. Is there any reason not to? I'd like to know whether I'm going to make a mistake. (Disclaimer: it could be months before I get around to actually buying it.)

Which one?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Towanda wrote:
I was looking at one of those & it's PCC. I thought that they were pricey, but I didn't here anything bad about them.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:54 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

KJ4VOV wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

There's better quality lower kits out there for that kind of money, but you'd have to pay shipping on them. Shop around a bit online before plunking down your cash.

That's what I thought, KJ. I've been looking at a PSA lower parts kit, so I may order one of those or order a Spikes lower parts kit from AIM Surplus when I get some free cash.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:07 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Towanda wrote:

The only thing I didn't like about mine were the safety/decocker levers. The way they're shaped, they kind of gouge you when you rack the slide. I took mine apart and replaced them with the slim/stealth version. Note: If your PX4 is the safety/decocker model and you put the slim/stealth levers on it, it converts to a decocker only (no safety).

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-safety-low-prof-type-g-mfg/c89169/

ETA: I see now that Beretta offers a set of safety levers for the Px4 that are shaped more like those on the 92:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/safety-assy-px4-f-large-le-part-c5d666-c5d667/c8a000/

L-regular, R-slim/stealth:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:28 pm 

KJ4VOV wrote:
Towanda wrote:

Which one?

Full size.

MPMalloy: what does PCC mean?

RickOShea: Thanks for the info about the levers. I'll keep that in mind.

SMoAF wrote:
You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next