It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:
So what's the going choice for glock .22 conversions these days? Advantage arms still a go to?

Tactical Solutions would be my pick these days.

Mind if I ask why? Just curious, not challenging your opinion. Reviewers online seem to give negative opinions of all conversion kits.

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:54 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

BullOnParade wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:
So what's the going choice for glock .22 conversions these days? Advantage arms still a go to?

Tactical Solutions would be my pick these days.

Mind if I ask why? Just curious, not challenging your opinion. Reviewers online seem to give negative opinions of all conversion kits.

Hey are all kinda funky, but the TacSol kit I used seemed a little smoother than the AA.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:59 pm 

So I just got off the phone with the Glock Blue Label department at Glock. Turns out I do qualify to purchase two pistols a year at the discounted Blue Label prices. Now to figure out what I want this year. I already have two Gen 4 G19's one Gen 4 G21 and a Gen 3 Glock Factory Restored G23. So maybe a Gen 4 G23 may be on the list and another Gen 4 G21. Am I missing something else that should be on the list?

Might be time to go all Glock and switch out all my other pistols at a rate of two a year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:19 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

zobmiedown wrote:
So I just got off the phone with the Glock Blue Label department at Glock. Turns out I do qualify to purchase two pistols a year at the discounted Blue Label prices. Now to figure out what I want this year. I already have two Gen 4 G19's one Gen 4 G21 and a Gen 3 Glock Factory Restored G23. So maybe a Gen 4 G23 may be on the list and another Gen 4 G21. Am I missing something else that should be on the list?

Might be time to go all Glock and switch out all my other pistols at a rate of two a year.

Maybe a G30 for CCW... can use your G21 mags too.

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:
... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:
... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:21 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

zobmiedown wrote:

I'd say go for a Glock 41 if they're on the Blue Label list.

I have one and they're pretty good. Right now mine is set up as my nightstand gun with a Streamlight TLR-1s. I do want to upgrade the sights to night sights at some point, but I'll have to wait on that for a bit.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:53 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I'd say go for a Glock 41 if they're on the Blue Label list. I have one and they're pretty good. Right now mine is set up as my nightstand gun with a Streamlight TLR-1s. I do want to upgrade the sights to night sights at some point, but I'll have to wait on that for a bit.
Chimp, help me pimp out my G26! Night sights, laser sight, weapon light. I have +2 extenders on the way from CTD. I will be using Rem. Golden Saber 147 Gn. JHP.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:05 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I'd say go for a Glock 41 if they're on the Blue Label list. I have one and they're pretty good. Right now mine is set up as my nightstand gun with a Streamlight TLR-1s. I do want to upgrade the sights to night sights at some point, but I'll have to wait on that for a bit.
Chimp, help me pimp out my G26! Night sights, laser sight, weapon light. I have +2 extenders on the way from CTD. I will be using Rem. Golden Saber 147 Gn. JHP.

Streamlight makes a good subcompact light and laser (I think it's called the TLR-6 or something similar) and I've only got experience with Meprolight night sights, MP. The Meprolight night sights are pretty good. I paid about 80-ish dollars for the set I have on my G21 and they're nice.

If you do a search for Streamlight on Cheaper Than Dirt's site, you'll find a bunch of subcompact sized weapon lights.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Streamlight makes a good subcompact light and laser (I think it's called the TLR-6 or something similar) and I've only got experience with Meprolight night sights, MP. The Meprolight night sights are pretty good. I paid about 80-ish dollars for the set I have on my G21 and they're nice. If you do a search for Streamlight on Cheaper Than Dirt's site, you'll find a bunch of subcompact sized weapon lights.
Thank you very much, Chimp! :clap:

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

"When society is experiencing severe disruptions, or is being completely interrupted, people have the responsibility to handle their own and their nearest relatives' fundamental needs for a while."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

No problem, MP.

Glad I could help. :)

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:17 pm 

Anyone have any trigger time with an Aero Survival Rifle? I'm looking around for a 10mm rifle that I can add to for..... uh.... Well shit, because I want one damn it.

Doesn't have to be the 10mm version, just curious what people think of them. They seem to be rated well by blogs and other boards. Just dunno, if they are paid I mean I've read some positive reviews of Jennings guns and found out the reviewer was paid.

Also as for my previous, question about a holster for the G40 the Blackhawk 413513BK-R Serpa sportster belt holster, works like a charm! fits the gun snug and locks it into place. The button is very smooth and easy to operate, it does offer some good resistance as to not be bumped and possibly allow the gun to fall out. All and all, for $22.00 and free shipping (prime members) it's definitely worth it.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:04 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I think a 10mm carbine would be bad-ass.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I kind of want to see a 10mm lever gun. Although I wonder if the lever action would be strong enough to handle the pressures put out by the 10mm round.

I also still want a .500 S&W magnum lever gun, but almost no one is making a production one. The only ones I've seen are all custom jobs and are way out of my price range.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:12 pm 

I'm probably about to sound like an idiot again- but Ithought lever actions needed rimmed ammo (like the old stuff) I would assume that 10mm has an 'auto' rimless style casing, yes?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:49 pm 

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:
I'm probably about to sound like an idiot again- but Ithought lever actions needed rimmed ammo (like the old stuff) I would assume that 10mm has an 'auto' rimless style casing, yes?

The rimmed cartridge isn't a requirement for the lever action. 307 and 356 Win shooters have used rimless brass in Winchester and Marlin. Some have had more success that others on that one. 35 Remington is rimless. 450 marlin is on a belted magnum case. Those are in current production from Marlin and Winchester. Savage and Browning have done lots of rimless carts in lever guns, even though those rifles are likely different from what you're were thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:55 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I kind of want to see a 10mm lever gun. Although I wonder if the lever action would be strong enough to handle the pressures put out by the 10mm round.

I also still want a .500 S&W magnum lever gun, but almost no one is making a production one. The only ones I've seen are all custom jobs and are way out of my price range.

Ranger Point Precision will convert .44 and .357 Marlin leverguns to 10mm, .45ACP, .45 Super, and a few others by request.

Halfapint wrote:
Anyone have any trigger time with an Aero Survival Rifle? I'm looking around for a 10mm rifle that I can add to for..... uh.... Well shit, because I want one damn it.

Doesn't have to be the 10mm version, just curious what people think of them. They seem to be rated well by blogs and other boards. Just dunno, if they are paid I mean I've read some positive reviews of Jennings guns and found out the reviewer was paid.

Also as for my previous, question about a holster for the G40 the Blackhawk 413513BK-R Serpa sportster belt holster, works like a charm! fits the gun snug and locks it into place. The button is very smooth and easy to operate, it does offer some good resistance as to not be bumped and possibly allow the gun to fall out. All and all, for $22.00 and free shipping (prime members) it's definitely worth it.

It's a blowback pipegun, stupid simple to make work, and uses Glock mags. I've yet to encounter negative reviews. My main problem is the price.

In a rifle, most factory 10mm doesn't do much more than factory .40SW. 180gr HST gains all of 50FPS. You would need to contact Aero about running hot-for-caliber stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:50 pm 

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

Ranger Point Precision will convert .44 and .357 Marlin leverguns to 10mm, .45ACP, .45 Super, and a few others by request.

Halfapint wrote:

It's a blowback pipegun, stupid simple to make work, and uses Glock mags. I've yet to encounter negative reviews. My main problem is the price.

In a rifle, most factory 10mm doesn't do much more than factory .40SW. 180gr HST gains all of 50FPS. You would need to contact Aero about running hot-for-caliber stuff.

Yeah, I don't like the price either. Was looking to see if I can find a used one for cheaper, or really anything. I broke my chrono but my hand loads which are about 15% down from "max load" are a hell of a lot hotter than the factory loads I had. the guys around me stopped and were wondering what I was firing at the range the other day. I don't know what the velocity difference was, but they had a HELL of a lot more kick than factory. BUt as I said they were a still about 15% down from max load.

lever gun would be cool but I'd figure it would be a lot more expensive trying to convert a lever gun to take 10mm, and using the Areo uses glock mags which I currently have.... So that's nice.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

*What*if* a JRC could be made in 10mm? I hear good things about them, but I have never fired one. AR, yo!

Better yet, a Colt AR-10mm using Glock mags. Classic style. :clownshoes:

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:35 pm 

MPMalloy wrote:
*What*if* a JRC could be made in 10mm? I hear good things about them, but I have never fired one. AR, yo!

Better yet, a Colt AR-10mm using Glock mags. Classic style. :clownshoes:

Yes, now I Just need a billet of aluminum, a CNC machine, and some free time and I can try to convert one to 10mm. Or just give up my first born. I'm sure it would fetch a pretty good price on the market as long as he/she takes after my better half. If it takes after me, well......

Anywho, I may look into trying to get a lever action converted. I just don't like tube mags and how long they take to reload. I just don't see the 10mm getting more popular, though I do think its a superior round to a 40.

Now that I think of it, couldn't you have 40 converted to 10? You'd need a longer action for the longer cartridge. and (excuse my terminology not up on the lingo for gunsmithing) but you'd just need to modify the bbl to accept the longer cartridge as well. Everything else should be pretty much the same. But then you have the magazine not fitting the 10mm cartridge. Maybe it's just a pipe dream.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:59 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

You can build a 10mm AR that takes Glock mags.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:08 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hey Everyone:

I just got my Pearce mag extenders & I read the directions before attempting installation. Do anyone here have any experience with mag extenders? I cannot remove the baseplates & I can't find what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:05 pm 

JRC does not currently make a 10mm carbine or a conversion kit for them. They may in the future but its not a current option. I have JRC carbines in both 9mm and 45ACp with plans to add a 40S&W. They also make takedown models in various flavors.

As far as adding the pearce magazine extenders I have had luck pushing in the detent button on the bottom with a small screwdriver hanging the end over a bench and whacking the factory baseplate downwards with a rubber mallet. It takes a few tries but eventually it works. Patience and beer are helpful in this process.

On a different note my deadpool build is finished. I will post pics when I get a chance. Have a family bbq today so hopefully soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:38 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

zobmiedown wrote:
JRC does not currently make a 10mm carbine or a conversion kit for them. They may in the future but its not a current option. I have JRC carbines in both 9mm and 45ACp with plans to add a 40S&W. They also make takedown models in various flavors.

As far as adding the pearce magazine extenders I have had luck pushing in the detent button on the bottom with a small screwdriver hanging the end over a bench and whacking the factory baseplate downwards with a rubber mallet. It takes a few tries but eventually it works. Patience and beer are helpful in this process.

On a different note my deadpool build is finished. I will post pics when I get a chance. Have a family bbq today so hopefully soon.
Tnx.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:41 pm 

Speaking of extenders..... never ordered or bought one. Looking at lone wolf for mine. I know lone wolf is one of the premiere glock fan boy sites.... but their extenders are $37, it does add 5 rds..... But that's more than a brand new mag.

Any other place for glock extend-o-mags?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Halfapint wrote:
Speaking of extenders..... never ordered or bought one. Looking at lone wolf for mine. I know lone wolf is one of the premiere glock fan boy sites.... but their extenders are $37, it does add 5 rds..... But that's more than a brand new mag. Any other place for glock extend-o-mags?
I've never heard of Lone Work. I always see Pearce. I bought 2 factory 12 rounders
for my G26 from Midway. I don't think that I will be ordering thru Midway anymore. Botach has some factory extended Magpuls, most are out of stock. I'm waiting on an email.

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 64  Next