So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u taking

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

User avatar
The Twizzler
* * * *
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Location: Nashville, TN

So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u taking

Post by The Twizzler » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:19 pm

For some reason your name was put in the pot and your called in for a special one time detail to protect the leader of your country. You can pretty much name your weapons with a few rules.
1. Has to be able to fit in your pants or under your jacket. Meaning it's gotta be concealable or in a Suitcase (no bags cause we have to stay classy 8-) )
2. The weapons and accessories while being small also have to weigh little enough to not encumber you from rescuing the President. That means you can sprint around or if needed carry the President at a rushed pace. You may or may not have help carrying the Pres.
3. It needs to be capable of stopping a threat.
4. You need to have one quiet less lethal option ( for jerks blocking an escape route intentional or not that may be innocent)
5. You need to accurate with it.Collateral damage is to be avoided not just because you might kill an innocent but because you might start a war.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 12210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Vacation.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

User avatar
cv66er
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:10 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Being originally from Butler County in Pennsylvania...
Location: CRE

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by cv66er » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Oddly enough, this actually happened to me.

When I was in the Navy, working as a Ship's Master at Arms, I was assigned to help keep an eye on the crowd when then President, Jimmy Carter came to our base to give a speech. We were issued a walkie-talkie, and told, if we see anything suspicious, report it, and LET THE SECRET SERVICE HANDLE IT!

They were rather emphatic on that last part.

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16645
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by raptor » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:22 pm

In high school our school was asked to provide the honor guard for a political event that the then POTUS was attending. We had to use wooden dummy rifles, (the ss took the fake bolts to the dummy rifles), the guard commander had his dress sword confiscated and all of flag pole finials (they were spear shaped) were removed.

We were told if we did anything unplanned the security was told to shoot us.

I suspect that if the secret service has to rely on firearms a lot of things have gone wrong.

As for what I would take, since it is the POTUS and thus the most important man in the world and high risk target; I would want a company of military troops trained to be a security screening force. I would simply let the pros handle it.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by flybynight » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:49 pm

This Image

So I can go all this Image


Ahhh all I'll need is the guns. Umm and the hair and maybe the muscles ( yea seriously the muscles). oh yea the good looks too. But I'll settle for the hair. A devastating round house kick would be nice too. oh yea almost forgot I will also need a awesome catchphrase.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
The Twizzler
* * * *
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by The Twizzler » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:10 pm

So I am taking a Blackjack and a FN-P90
Image
Image
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

User avatar
majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 7024
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Maine

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Image

and this sweet bullpup:

Image

User avatar
jor-el
* * * * *
Posts: 5204
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Watching over Metropolis

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by jor-el » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:27 pm

I believe I've done this for three POTUSes already while "in the bag". Two in the regular monkey suit and one with FTS decals, helmets and M4s with giggle switches.

If they wanted me again, I'd like more ammo. Do rubber bullets come in 105mm sizes?

Can I also haz a GBU 43/B size can of pepper spray?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by flybynight » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 am

Possible catchphrases

YOU'VE BEEN FLYBYNIGHTASIZED !

WELCOME TO THE GUNSHOW PUNK !

HERE , HOLD MA BEER !
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 965
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead
Location: Trinity City, Texas

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by Zimmy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am

Lethal: An H&K MP-5 SBR in 10mm hung from a shoulder rig. I'm competent with the platform in 9mm, why not add some oomph?

Non-lethal: I suppose a large container of pepper spray to disorganize resistance ahead and hopefully discourage anyone from following the POTUS through the contaminated area. :gonk:
Boldly going nowhere

User avatar
ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by ManInBlack316 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

First option: Raincheck? :awesome:
Second option: whatever they handed me
Third option: Maybe a short barreled AR with a red dot, BFG Ten Speeds containing more magazines underneath the coat. My reasoning is that I pretty much only have experience with an AR when it comes to rifles.

Less lethal: Can I get some kind of net gun? :crazy:
Probably some CS gas grenades and smoke grenades.

In all truth, I smell a trap. The guy I'm guarding is obviously not the president because then the real secret service would be protecting them.....





Unless that's exactly what the threat expects, so I am protecting the real president! :gonk:

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Lethal: Glock 40 or 41 with an optic and light (if the Feds are paying for the gun and accessories, I'll ask for a Trijicon RMR for my optic and a Streamlight TLR-1 for my light).

Non-lethal: I guess a big can of pepper spray would suffice.

Other than that, I'm going to stay the hell out of the way of the pros and let them handle any problems that may arise. I'm just a civilian with absolutely no training on crowd control and whatever else the Secret Service does. If anything, I'd be a hindrance to them if I got involved in a scuffle.

And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.

Also, since they're calling me up to help out and giving me the tools needed for the job, am I getting paid in cash or can I keep the tools in lieu of cash ? :lol:

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16645
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by raptor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:01 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.
I had a similar thought. If I am needed me for POTUS security we all screwed. I will do my best for my country, but I think the best I could offer is the role of a distraction or a bullet sump. :(

Edited to add:
Unless the POTUS is staying inside on the top floor of my building and out of sight while we wait for the cavalry to arrive.
Last edited by raptor on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:11 pm

raptor wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.
I had a similar thought. If I am needed me for POTUS security we all screwed. I will do my best for my country, but I think the best I could offer is the role of a distraction or a bullet sump. :(
That's pretty much what I was thinking, Raptor.

In the event of a shooter or other problem, I'm staying way behind the pros and letting them handle it. They're trained and paid to do it on a regular basis whereas my goofy ass just got roped into it because they needed one more person to fill the open slot.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by flybynight » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:43 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
raptor wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.
I had a similar thought. If I am needed me for POTUS security we all screwed. I will do my best for my country, but I think the best I could offer is the role of a distraction or a bullet sump. :(
That's pretty much what I was thinking, Raptor.

In the event of a shooter or other problem, I'm staying way behind the pros and letting them handle it. They're trained and paid to do it on a regular basis whereas my goofy ass just got roped into it because they needed one more person to fill the open slot.
sheesh haven't any of you guys watched a 1980's action movie?
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:55 pm

flybynight wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
raptor wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.
I had a similar thought. If I am needed me for POTUS security we all screwed. I will do my best for my country, but I think the best I could offer is the role of a distraction or a bullet sump. :(
That's pretty much what I was thinking, Raptor.

In the event of a shooter or other problem, I'm staying way behind the pros and letting them handle it. They're trained and paid to do it on a regular basis whereas my goofy ass just got roped into it because they needed one more person to fill the open slot.
sheesh haven't any of you guys watched a 1980's action movie?
I have quite a few times, but I'm not Chuck Norris or Rambo, so me taking on an army of bad guys solo with only a plastic spoon from a fruit cup and a brick isn't happening. :lol:

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16645
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by raptor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 pm

flybynight wrote: sheesh haven't any of you guys watched a 1980's action movie?
I think a "Red Shirt" in Star Trek is a more appropriate character in my case than Chuck Norris. :D

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by flybynight » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:05 pm

So says the man on the zombie apocalypse prep site
:clownshoes: Now pick up that fruit cup wooden spoon , break it in half and go after them bad guys all akimbo :vmad:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm

flybynight wrote:So says the man on the zombie apocalypse prep site
:clownshoes: Now pick up that fruit cup wooden spoon , break it in half and go after them bad guys all akimbo :vmad:
Since we're talking 80's action movies, wouldn't the fruit cup spoons have a big laser sight on them like the long slide 1911 Arnie carried in the first Terminator movie ? :lol:

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by flybynight » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:33 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
flybynight wrote:So says the man on the zombie apocalypse prep site
:clownshoes: Now pick up that fruit cup wooden spoon , break it in half and go after them bad guys all akimbo :vmad:
Since we're talking 80's action movies, wouldn't the fruit cup spoons have a big laser sight on them like the long slide 1911 Arnie carried in the first Terminator movie ? :lol:
nah that was only guns and sharks
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 16645
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Location: Greater New Orleans Area

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by raptor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:13 pm

flybynight wrote:So says the man on the zombie apocalypse prep site
:clownshoes: Now pick up that fruit cup wooden spoon , break it in half and go after them bad guys all akimbo :vmad:
I have no problem fighting like I am the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark and it has just started to rain. :D

That said hope is not a plan and effort does not guarantee success in this assignment. Planning, training and resources is the key to success here.

User avatar
The Twizzler
* * * *
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by The Twizzler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:55 pm

I don't think a 10mm MP-5 is a thing? Also the wind might be a problem if you use a spray.

"Mr President let me clear the way for you"
Wind changes directions
Sprays the President and the secret service, " I am so sorry sir"


Zimmy wrote:Lethal: An H&K MP-5 SBR in 10mm hung from a shoulder rig. I'm competent with the platform in 9mm, why not add some oomph?

Non-lethal: I suppose a large container of pepper spray to disorganize resistance ahead and hopefully discourage anyone from following the POTUS through the contaminated area. :gonk:
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

User avatar
The Twizzler
* * * *
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by The Twizzler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Well, we are with that attitude. :D

raptor wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.
I had a similar thought. If I am needed me for POTUS security we all screwed. I will do my best for my country, but I think the best I could offer is the role of a distraction or a bullet sump. :(

Edited to add:
Unless the POTUS is staying inside on the top floor of my building and out of sight while we wait for the cavalry to arrive.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

User avatar
The Twizzler
* * * *
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: So ur picked for a secret service detail. What are u tak

Post by The Twizzler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:59 pm

All tools used are gifts courtesy of the President and you get a letter stating that as well.

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Lethal: Glock 40 or 41 with an optic and light (if the Feds are paying for the gun and accessories, I'll ask for a Trijicon RMR for my optic and a Streamlight TLR-1 for my light).

Non-lethal: I guess a big can of pepper spray would suffice.

Other than that, I'm going to stay the hell out of the way of the pros and let them handle any problems that may arise. I'm just a civilian with absolutely no training on crowd control and whatever else the Secret Service does. If anything, I'd be a hindrance to them if I got involved in a scuffle.

And if they're calling me up to serve on a security detail, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel or just really desperate for folks to help out.

Also, since they're calling me up to help out and giving me the tools needed for the job, am I getting paid in cash or can I keep the tools in lieu of cash ? :lol:
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”