A CZ for a Kel Tec?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

A CZ for a Kel Tec?

Post by The Twizzler » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Here's the skinny. I have a CZ PO-7 Duty in 9 mm (what a terrible name :? ). I like the gun but am not attached to the hip with it. Recently I was thinking of other possibilities-translation ( I want a cool new gun, but don't want to spend any money) I was thinking about trading it in for the second generation Sub 2000 in 9mm. The purpose of the CZ is a range/ living room self defense gun. What do you guys think? Am I crazy or crazy like a Fox? The nice thing about the keltec is it fits in the same drawer as the CZ does but I get carbine barrel power plus I could buy the 30 rd Glock Mags. Another note I live in the suburbs so I would like not to shoot my neighbors. Except for Fred, he knows why. :lol:
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

olbaid_dratsab

Re: A CZ for a Kel Tec?

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:39 pm

I would just because of the pistol redundancy I have how many times over, and the cheap, yet still kind of cool folding gun niche isn't filled. But like I said, pistol redundancy already.

I don't trust a gun with a rear sight I can snap off with my thumb. For living room defense lets see what the CZ can do that the Keltec doesn't lend itself to...
Its ready now, with out being put together.
Allows easier use of other tools.
Can be concealed in the home for answering doors or whatever.
I'd wager its more reliable.
Certainly more durable.
I'll bet you can't break the rear sight off.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

exiledtoIA

Post by exiledtoIA » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:02 pm

I have always considered KT's to be toys.
Sometimes interesting toys, but still toys.
I have yet to see one pass the 500 rounds with no trouble that I consider mandatory for a firearm to be relied
upon for defense.
NOTE: I am not saying it could not / has not happened.
Just not for me.
This soldier should not be allowed north of the Light Line.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 am

I like my sub 2K, and assuming that you already have a 9mm glock pistol, it gives another option. it is great for situations that you think you would want more gun than your pistol, but cant carry a rifle.

I got mine used, and I know I have put more than 500 rounds through it. is it a battle rifle replacement, hell no, think of it as a pistol extension.

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Do you have one of the new ones or a first generation? I didn't like the front sight on the original or the barrel shroud/handguard but I thought it was cool concept. Anything you are not so fond of concerning it or is there something you think it does very well at? Any ammo types it doesn't like?
Thanks in advance
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:19 am

mine is a first generation, and ya, the front sight is a major PIA to get zeroed.
I am not a big fan of the fore grip, but adding a folding vertical grip on the little add on rail that KT sells fixed that for me. the folder only adds a couple of inches when the gun is folded, and is useable as a grip if I were to need to get the gun in action quickly.
I wish there was a way to add optics and still fold the thing. I consider the ability to stick a long gun in a bag that shouldn't fit one its main attribute. if I am going to be luging around a rifle size package, I am going to bring my JRC.

ammo, well it eats all the fmj I have offered it.
I got a bulk order of HP a few years back, and it feed 50 rounds of that well (too long for me to remember what brand, will have to look).

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Uh, I don't think I would ever trade a CZ pistol for a Sub2000... maybe a CZ82... that said, my own Sub2000 came to me as a trade for a S&W Sigma in .40SW. I was only into the Sigma for about $220.

It's kind of nasty to shoot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”