Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 pm

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt ... 1eeca8b69f

LaRue father's day sale. Get LaRue's clone of an RRA NM trigger for normal price, and get a LaRue hat for only five dollars extra.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:04 am

I think I found the source for this latest internet dust up:

http://thehill.com/regulation/243520-ad ... egulations#

Where it says this:
....The regulations range from new restrictions on high-powered pistols to gun storage requirements.....
I am ASSuming that other people put two and two together, like what was previously mentioned.

Guns are icky!

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt ... 1eeca8b69f

LaRue father's day sale. Get LaRue's clone of an RRA NM trigger for normal price, and get a LaRue hat for only five dollars extra.
Sold out as of nine this morning. :gonk:
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Langenator wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt ... 1eeca8b69f

Sold out as of nine this morning. :gonk:
I guess you'll have to settle for getting the RRA trigger and saving the five dollars, but at least now you don't have to try to get rid of a LaRue hat.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Anyone ever handle one of those CZ-999 P226 clones? What do you think of it?

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Someone help me out with a dilemma I'm having.

I'm considering picking up a .22LR pistol at some point in the future (once my gun fund recovers from paying bills and other thing) and I'm torn between the Browning Buckmark and the Ruger line of pistols.

The Rugers look neat, but I've heard about how hard they are to take apart for cleaning and repairs. The Buckmarks look like they're a little more user-friendly in regards to fieldstripping and they're not quite as ammo finicky as the Rugers.

The guns are real close in terms of pricing, so that's not a big deal. It probably won't be until sometime next year when I'm able to get either one, so there's no real rush.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:39 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Someone help me out with a dilemma I'm having.

I'm considering picking up a .22LR pistol at some point in the future (once my gun fund recovers from paying bills and other thing) and I'm torn between the Browning Buckmark and the Ruger line of pistols.

The Rugers look neat, but I've heard about how hard they are to take apart for cleaning and repairs. The Buckmarks look like they're a little more user-friendly in regards to fieldstripping and they're not quite as ammo finicky as the Rugers.

The guns are real close in terms of pricing, so that's not a big deal. It probably won't be until sometime next year when I'm able to get either one, so there's no real rush.
What do you want to do with this pistol? Target practice? Plinking?

I have two Ruger SR-22s...bought one and liked it so much that I bought another! It's not nearly as precise a tool as the Browning or the Ruger MK 1,2 or 3 you mention, but they work great for me...nice fun plinking gun, easy to clean and that works pretty damn well suppressed too. Though they don't like the CCI subsonic loads very much.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am

It'll mostly be for target practice and plinking, 91Eunoz.

I may also use it as a teaching tool for when my oldest nephew is ready to learn how to handle a pistol. At the moment all I have are a couple .45s and a .357 that I think would be too much for him right now. So I figure a .22 to start off with and we'll move up to the other calibers in the future.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:20 pm

The Majestic Arms Speed Strip kit has turned me around on the Rugers. Way easier to field-strip. I also removed the LCI and disabled the magazine safety, which really made it easier to seat the mags and has cut down on the FTEs. Honestly I prefer the original MKIII grip angle better, and will probably sell my 22/45 and get a TacSol reciever for my MKII.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:08 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:It'll mostly be for target practice and plinking, 91Eunoz.

I may also use it as a teaching tool for when my oldest nephew is ready to learn how to handle a pistol. At the moment all I have are a couple .45s and a .357 that I think would be too much for him right now. So I figure a .22 to start off with and we'll move up to the other calibers in the future.
Conversion kit for one of the .45s.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:55 pm

I heard you all liked a good mall ninja set-up: http://www.armslist.com/posts/4418169/s ... averick-88

maverick 88 with all the fixins, including a bayonet. Never fired, of course.
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm

00dlez wrote:I heard you all liked a good mall ninja set-up: http://www.armslist.com/posts/4418169/s ... averick-88

Looks like someone got a hold of a UTG catalog and went crazy. :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:It'll mostly be for target practice and plinking, 91Eunoz.

Conversion kit for one of the .45s.
I actually thought about that at one point, but I'd really like to have a dedicated .22LR pistol instead.

I may revisit the conversion kit idea later on, though.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 pm

00dlez wrote:I heard you all liked a good mall ninja set-up: http://www.armslist.com/posts/4418169/s ... averick-88

LOL....Stay classy St. Louis. Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:15 pm

on the 22lr pistol thing. I have had two sig mosquitos and both were extremely ammo finicky. I also have the walther p22 and it has never failed to eat everything I have fed it. Just thought I would throw that out there as well to consider.
Regulators mount up.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:55 pm

zobmiedown wrote:on the 22lr pistol thing. I have had two sig mosquitos and both were extremely ammo finicky. I also have the walther p22 and it has never failed to eat everything I have fed it. Just thought I would throw that out there as well to consider.
my sig mosquito was a bitch to find ammo that worked. Remington golden jacket or what ever theyre called worked great.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Almost traded my Tristar Raptor ATAC for a Marlin 336 30-30 today.

Local dude was looking for a semi auto shotgun and I had one, so I offered to trade him the gun for his Marlin. Ended up not trading because he wanted a hunting shotgun and mine is more of a tactical type.

Oh well.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:46 pm

I am now the proud owner of a Sig Sauer P226 MK25 with the threaded barrel :D :D
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:43 pm

0122358 wrote:I am now the proud owner of a Sig Sauer P226 MK25 with the threaded barrel :D :D
Nice... And nice backdrop too!

Just returned from my godson's HS graduation out in Olympia; he was the valedictorian for River Ridge HS and will be headed to "U-Dub" this Fall.

Go Huskies!
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Well, I bought a couple 25 round Kriss Super V mags for my G21 today.

That was one hell of an impulse buy. :lol:

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:00 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Well, I bought a couple 25 round Kriss Super V mags for my G21 today.

They function very well in my G21... Bought a couple of the kits a couple years ago to convert two of my own mags too and they work just as well.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:41 am

91Eunozs wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Well, I bought a couple 25 round Kriss Super V mags for my G21 today.

They function very well in my G21... Bought a couple of the kits a couple years ago to convert two of my own mags too and they work just as well.
I bought one full mag and one kit, actually.

I think the next time I buy those, I'm sticking to the full mags since the floor plates on my Glock mags are so damn hard to remove.

Still, they're really nice mags and I'm happy I found a place with them in stock.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:13 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
0122358 wrote:I am now the proud owner of a Sig Sauer P226 MK25 with the threaded barrel :D :D
Nice... And nice backdrop too!

Just returned from my godson's HS graduation out in Olympia; he was the valedictorian for River Ridge HS and will be headed to "U-Dub" this Fall.

Go Huskies!
Go DAWGS

You know the double action pull on the MK25 isn't bad. I was expecting a revolver style pull like my J-frame 442 for some reason and the reset isn't like my G19, but it isn't bad either. I definitely like the sights versus my G19 stock ones.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Don't the MK25's have the DAK trigger or did they put a different trigger in them ?

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”