Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

eeb

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by eeb » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Getting anxious for the 22TCM9R conversion kit for Glocks. Supposed to be out early May or so, but I'm not holding my breath (deadlines seem to be vague suggestions in the gun industry.) Starting to collect parts to race gun/range toy my Glock 17.

edit: Page 15 ownage.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

eeb

Post by eeb » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 am

Mountainsquid wrote:So, in this month's Guns & Ammo a reader wrote in to talk up the M1 Garand which he used in the service, said .223 is great "maybe for prairie dogs and woodchucks" and then sneered at hunters who "entered the woods with a big, heavy, black and clumsy rifle".

That was, like, the most ultra-Fudd statements I have ever read.
Almost sounds like "click bait", just trying to provoke a response.

complex57

Post by complex57 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 am

My CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 should arrive at my FFL today if the UPS tracking system is correct! :clap:

Now I just need to get ahold of some 30 round magazines and figure out the entire SBR process. :oops:

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Mountainsquid wrote:So, in this month's Guns & Ammo a reader wrote in to talk up the M1 Garand which he used in the service, said .223 is great "maybe for prairie dogs and woodchucks" and then sneered at hunters who "entered the woods with a big, heavy, black and clumsy rifle".

.. make sense 'cuz the an AR is a big, clumsy monster compared to a Garand. :roll:

Sounds like a "30 cal or go home" person. Ain't nobody got time fo' 'dat.
Last edited by brothaman on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:45 pm

eeb wrote:

Sort of the print version of an online troll ?

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:17 pm

brothaman wrote:
.. make sense 'cuz the an AR is a big, clumsy monster compared to a Garand. :roll: Dick Metcalf must be

I imagine he would look at you blankly if you explained there were .30 cal black rifles out there.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Mountainsquid wrote:
brothaman wrote:
.. make sense 'cuz the an AR is a big, clumsy monster compared to a Garand. :roll: Dick Metcalf must be

I imagine he would look at you blankly if you explained there were .30 cal black rifles out there.
I mostly feel like it's not lack of exposure, but some misguided attempt to pretend the past was better. Like, Garands and classic 'Vettes are cool, but modern rifles and cars are so much better.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

eeb

Post by eeb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:00 am

Guys like that believe this is the first generation of old people to complain about young people.

So, anyway, is the Ghost trigger worth installing on a Glock 17? Or should I spend the dough on something better? Honestly, I might just stick with the stock trigger, I'm just looking for opinions.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:29 am

eeb wrote:Guys like that believe this is the first generation of old people to complain about young people.

What was it attributed to Socrates?
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
eeb wrote:

Sort of the print version of an online troll ?
Kind of, at least if trolling made you money. Controversial topic + stupid position = guaranteed shares/commentary/site traffic. Places that do that kind of shit usually don't care what the comments are, so long as they're commenting. Very LCD (Lowest Common Denominator).

For this same reason you'll see asinine photo posts from gun companies on FB like '9mm or 45?' and 'AR or AK?'
Because they know some people can't resist clicking or commenting. Yay.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

eeb

Post by eeb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:30 am

Mountainsquid wrote:
eeb wrote:Guys like that believe this is the first generation of old people to complain about young people.

What was it attributed to Socrates?
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Yeah, they'll claim that was an isolated incident, that things got better after that, and have only now taken a turn for the worse. No matter how many quotes and citations you post, they're all isolated incidents or anomalies, not a pattern of behavior that's become part of human nature. I was involved in a thread like that on another forum, where someone explained away that very quote. I was tempted to dig up similar quotes from various eras, but realized how pointless that would be, and simply clicked "unsubscribe" instead. Sometimes it just isn't worth arguing.

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 am

Learn this one neat trick for cleaning an AR....

Guns are icky!

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Mountainsquid wrote:
brothaman wrote:

I mostly feel like it's not lack of exposure, but some misguided attempt to pretend the past was better. Like, Garands and classic 'Vettes are cool, but modern rifles and cars are so much better.
I had meant to remove my Dick Metcalf comment,.. I damn near got it done!

But, yea Msquid, imagine that,.. a .30 cal poodle shooter that can take a 30 rd clip..... I nearly have the vapors over the concept.

As far as old vs new goes, a let those folks go back to drum brakes and 5 mpg if they want to. I'll keep my 25 mpg 300 hp station wagon and my black plastic varmint rifles.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:57 am

chills1994 wrote:Learn this one neat trick for cleaning an AR....
First he pulled out a cleaning rod--but what happened next was completely shocking
Dave Merrill

Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:33 pm

Dave_M wrote:
First he pulled out a cleaning rod--but what happened next was completely shocking
I have a burning, deep-seated hatred for clickbait. Like, unreasonably (and possibly unhealthily) so. If I see one more "This man opened his car door. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HE FOUND" or "Learn this one great trick to sucking the last bit of [redacted] out of [redacted]" I'm going to flip a goddamn table.

ANYWAY.

Is it just me, or does the glock 43 seem kinda too little, too late? I mean, there's no doubt that a ton of people are going to buy that shit just because "ZOMG single stack golck!" but there's also so many options already on the market. Kahr, S&W, etc etc. Me and a buddy who happens to be a city cop were discussing this the other day, and he had a similar theory.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Dave_M wrote:
It's a secret gun maunfacturers don't want you to know about...

:lol:

Guns are icky!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Shiloh wrote:Is it just me, or does the glock 43 seem kinda too little, too late? I mean, there's no doubt that a ton of people are going to buy that shit just because "ZOMG single stack golck!" but there's also so many options already on the market. Kahr, S&W, etc etc. Me and a buddy who happens to be a city cop were discussing this the other day, and he had a similar theory.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Gun grabbers want it BANNED!
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:33 pm

You fuckers.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:57 pm

Somebody on another forum posted a youtube video of Costa shooting this Warsport AR rifle looking thing. Let me correct that...it was a mag dump of one of those big surefire mags. It must have had a giggle switch??? So I am little perplexed...it is an ad of some sort that is aimed at military and police sales because I am assuming such a giggle switch gun couldn't legally be possessed by plain ol' civilians.

https://youtu.be/gj6yRdkliow

Other than the giggle switch, what other hype am I missing?

Guns are icky!

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:55 pm

chills1994 wrote:Somebody on another forum posted a youtube video of Costa shooting this Warsport AR rifle looking thing. Let me correct that...it was a mag dump of one of those big surefire mags. It must have had a giggle switch??? So I am little perplexed...it is an ad of some sort that is aimed at military and police sales because I am assuming such a giggle switch gun couldn't legally be possessed by plain ol' civilians.

https://youtu.be/gj6yRdkliow

Other than the giggle switch, what other hype am I missing?
Production models are semi-only. By and large it looks like a cheaper LVOA in a different color.

The handguard is just a variation on the original (older) LVOA instead of that goody one that covers the muzzle device. Different stock/grip, and around ~$400 less than a LVOA.

I imagine more WarSport fanboys will buy this than Costa fanboys; those guys are dedicated.

Anyway, I'll dick with one on Friday
Dave Merrill

eeb

Post by eeb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Shiloh wrote:
Is it just me, or does the glock 43 seem kinda too little, too late? .
Well, it's a Glock, so... No. No, it does not. I probably won't buy one any time soon, but I don't think they'll have any trouble moving them. New people come into the CCW market all the time, no need to pack up and sell off your assets just because someone beats you to a punch.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Topical.

Dave Merrill

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Ok as a poor mans squad support weapon, how does the Polish M64 RPK field? I mean I know the AES10B is better with the M72 being a bit better than that, but would the M64 suffice with plenty of 75 round drums for a decent ability to lay down fire rapidly?
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”