Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

quazi

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by quazi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 pm

0122358 wrote:Hope Y'all are ready for another panic.

Luckily I've gotten a bit more prepared than the last time. I could use more Pmags and P226 mags, but I'll manage.
I've got a decent amount of long gun ammo, but I'm not so good on handgun ammo.

I bought 25 aluminum AR mags from PSA that were on sale for $7 each, partly expecting there to be another panic.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Who needs a $1800 DPMS Sporter? NIB :twisted:

Rinse, wash, repeat...
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:24 pm

quazi wrote:
0122358 wrote:Hope Y'all are ready for another panic.

Luckily I've gotten a bit more prepared than the last time. I could use more Pmags and P226 mags, but I'll manage.
I've got a decent amount of long gun ammo, but I'm not so good on handgun ammo.

I bought 25 aluminum AR mags from PSA that were on sale for $7 each, partly expecting there to be another panic.
I maxed out the Remington and Barnes rebates so I am good on SD ammo, very providential.
You go over and under
I go through

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Stercutus wrote:Who needs a $1800 DPMS Sporter? NIB :twisted:

Rinse, wash, repeat...

You bastard :clap:

But seriously there is a gunshow this weekend and I might pick up and extra lower or two (in addition to the one I plan on buying) plus a dozen PMAGS for $8 a pop to resell at 48 8-) 8-) :twisted:
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 pm

0122358 wrote:
Stercutus wrote:Who needs a $1800 DPMS Sporter? NIB :twisted:

Rinse, wash, repeat...

You bastard :clap:

But seriously there is a gunshow this weekend and I might pick up and extra lower or two (in addition to the one I plan on buying) plus a dozen PMAGS for $8 a pop to resell at 48 8-) 8-) :twisted:
And that's how it starts....
You go over and under
I go through

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Canada has only started to bounce back from the last drought. It wasn't as heavy as it was in the US, but still an inconvenience. Maybe this time around manufacturers will invest in more overhead?
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:34 pm

BullOnParade wrote:Canada has only started to bounce back from the last drought. It wasn't as heavy as it was in the US, but still an inconvenience. Maybe this time around manufacturers will invest in more overhead?
I hope so.

I've got a few more .22's than I did when the drought first started and I'd like to keep them running for a long time without having to resort to buying from ammo hoarders and scalpers because I'm too slow to get the ammo first.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:20 pm

I don't see and AR panic drying up the shelves again on AR's. There is so much product out there we are swimming in it. Prices did jump $100 on lowest priced 6920s after the speech which I thought was interesting. Somebody likely testing the waters.

So far as the rabbit round shortage goes we are three years into it. This is why a seven year rotation plan makes sense. A shortage of goods in a normal economy for seven years is practically unheard of.

If it is Christmas 2019 and we are still talking about the shortage of .22lr then I'll be poorer.
You go over and under
I go through

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Speaking of price jumps, anyone check prices on Cheaper Than Dirt's site yet ?

If it's anyone that's going to drive up prices to take advantage of a panic, it's those guys.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:46 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Speaking of price jumps, anyone check prices on Cheaper Than Dirt's site yet ?

If it's anyone that's going to drive up prices to take advantage of a panic, it's those guys.
Still home of the $600 Delton.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/GUN-016
You go over and under
I go through

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Stercutus wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Speaking of price jumps, anyone check prices on Cheaper Than Dirt's site yet ?

See, I have no idea if that's a good price or not. That's mostly because I don't know that much about AR prices.

All I know is Noveske, Colt, Daniel Defense and Wilson Combat are like the top-tier AR makers and their rigs cost more than I'm capable of spending at the moment. I'd love a Noveske built AR, but I'm on an Anderson/PSA budget.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:01 pm

You see them commonly for about $450. They are almost worth that.
You go over and under
I go through

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Stercutus wrote:You see them commonly for about $450. They are almost worth that.
So they're overpriced at $600 ?

quazi

Post by quazi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 pm

0122358 wrote:But seriously there is a gunshow this weekend and I might pick up and extra lower or two (in addition to the one I plan on buying) plus a dozen PMAGS for $8 a pop to resell at 48 8-) 8-) :twisted:
I'm trying to come up with a plan along the lines of "if magazine prices hit $X I will sell X number of magazines, then if it hits $X++ I will sell X more magazines."

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:50 am

quazi wrote:
0122358 wrote:But seriously there is a gunshow this weekend and I might pick up and extra lower or two (in addition to the one I plan on buying) plus a dozen PMAGS for $8 a pop to resell at 48 8-) 8-) :twisted:
I'm trying to come up with a plan along the lines of "if magazine prices hit $X I will sell X number of magazines, then if it hits $X++ I will sell X more magazines."
In all honesty Ill probably keep the magazines if I do buy them. making a profit is nice but with my luck those extra 12 will be needed in 50 years when my current stock wears out
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:06 pm

0122358 wrote:
quazi wrote:
In all honesty Ill probably keep the magazines if I do buy them. making a profit is nice but with my luck those extra 12 will be needed in 50 years when my current stock wears out
Sometimes, being a prepper outweighs being a greedy son of a bitch.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:17 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
0122358 wrote:
quazi wrote:
Indeed.

If I buy any more AK or Glock mags, I'm going to end up keeping them for my private stash.

Tobias05
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "The Walking Dead"

Post by Tobias05 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Been buying FLCs and assorted molle pouches for my civilian friends on the cheap. Even found a set in woodland.

The FLC is obsolete if you're issued a plate carrier, but for folks that don't have any load bearing equipment I think its a good and inexpensive starter set.

quazi

Post by quazi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:59 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:
0122358 wrote:In all honesty Ill probably keep the magazines if I do buy them. making a profit is nice but with my luck those extra 12 will be needed in 50 years when my current stock wears out
Indeed.

If I buy any more AK or Glock mags, I'm going to end up keeping them for my private stash.
I'm going to hold onto a decent number of magazines (I'm thinking 12) unless I decide to sell my rifle as well. Twelve mags seems like enough to last for a good long while to me, but am I just being naive? I'm thinking more along the lines of being able to replace magazines that I break in practice/training more than hauling around a fuckton with me during the zombie apocalypse.

I bought a bunch of magazines because I thought I probably wouldn't ever see a significantly better deal on them. I didn't sell the farm to get them, so if there is no panic (and I hope there isn't) I'll still consider them a good buy. If there is a panic but a ban seems unlikely to me then I don't see a problem with selling some off and buying more later when things calm down.
Tobias05 wrote:Been buying FLCs and assorted molle pouches for my civilian friends on the cheap. Even found a set in woodland.

The FLC is obsolete if you're issued a plate carrier, but for folks that don't have any load bearing equipment I think its a good and inexpensive starter set.
A year or so ago I was buying some spare cold weather stuff from military surplus websites, and saw the deals they had on surplus FLCs and the older "ETLBV"s. Many places had them for less than $20 each. It's the kind of thing that I figure I'll never need but at that price I bought one of each to scratch my paranoia itch.

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

See, I have no idea if that's a good price or not. That's mostly because I don't know that much about AR prices.

All I know is Noveske, Colt, Daniel Defense and Wilson Combat are like the top-tier AR makers and their rigs cost more than I'm capable of spending at the moment. I'd love a Noveske built AR, but I'm on an Anderson/PSA budget.
You could afford a BCM upper. The top IMO are BCM, DD, KAC, LMT, Noveske and Colt. I built my 14.5 Bravo middy for under $700.

As far as prices right now AR mags are like $7 and I've been building complete guns under $500..one was under $400.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:03 pm

AS556 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Stercutus wrote:

You could afford a BCM upper. The top IMO are BCM, DD, KAC, LMT, Noveske and Colt. I built my 14.5 Bravo middy for under $700.

As far as prices right now AR mags are like $7 and I've been building complete guns under $500..one was under $400.
I might upgrade to a BCM upper at some point, but I'm going to stick to PSA for the time being. This is mostly a for the hell of it build anyway.

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:31 am

Yep I hear ya. I've had 4-5 PSA uppers and am a big fan. I have another on the way, in fact. Ive been having great luck with their Freedom nitrided uppers.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:37 pm

AS556 wrote:Yep I hear ya. I've had 4-5 PSA uppers and am a big fan. I have another on the way, in fact. Ive been having great luck with their Freedom nitrided uppers.
I've been looking at those Freedom rifle kits, but all the ones I want are out of stock at the moment. Which is understandable since we're fast approaching Christmas and they're swamped with orders right now.

I probably won't get to order a rifle kit until some time next year, so I'm alright with waiting for a bit.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:49 pm

I got a psa clhf mid upper 5 years ago. Its been flawless.

I got a vortex spitfire from psa during black friday for $150. Really like it. Better than a red dot. Bigger field of view and the glass is crystal clear. Image

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”