Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by Rev » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:57 am

How much did it cost you?
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Rev wrote:How much did it cost you?
I paid $725, used, because it came with the factory side-folding stock (not Ram-Line aftermarket).

I'm pretty sure I can resell it for at least as much as I paid for it should I ever need the money or get tired of the gun; in fact I have a friend who basically talked me into buying it so that she can buy it from me someday when she has some disposable scrilla.

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Dave_M wrote:Did Jeriah just type something? It seems he automatically went on ignore just now.
Weird.

:rofl:
No one will even blame him when he doesn't hit the target anymore. Everyone will just think that The A Team was a documentary, and move on.

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Does anyone know if for the most part, sks stocks are the same for the Chinese guns? Like a normal type 56 stock fitting a paratrooper 16in version?
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:38 pm

0122358 wrote:Does anyone know if for the most part, sks stocks are the same for the Chinese guns? Like a normal type 56 stock fitting a paratrooper 16in version?
I think they used the same length stock and just chopped the barrels, dude.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:39 pm

0122358 wrote:Does anyone know if for the most part, sks stocks are the same for the Chinese guns? Like a normal type 56 stock fitting a paratrooper 16in version?
Yes....With the caveat that if your Para has an attached blade bayonet, the bayonet channel in the type 56 stock may not be long enough for it.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Jeriah wrote:
Dave_M wrote:Did Jeriah just type something? It seems he automatically went on ignore just now.
Weird.

I don't know about that, but I do feel a sudden compulsion to defend every one of my life decisions with a "moving target" sort of logic, where first I say I did something to save money, then when someone points out my way was more expensive, I start looking for ways that my decision was objectively "better," and then when everybody points out that my way was worse, to finally admit it was just an aesthetic thing. And then get butthurt and leave. :D

If they cost $400 I'd have one in a minute.

And then I'd promptly dump another 600 into it to make it all A-teamy like Tim brought up.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Yes....With the caveat that if your Para has an attached blade bayonet, the bayonet channel in the type 56 stock may not be long enough for it.
it has the spike bayonet IIRC
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:55 pm

TheLastOne wrote:
Jeriah wrote:
Weird.

I don't know about that, but I do feel a sudden compulsion to defend every one of my life decisions with a "moving target" sort of logic, where first I say I did something to save money, then when someone points out my way was more expensive, I start looking for ways that my decision was objectively "better," and then when everybody points out that my way was worse, to finally admit it was just an aesthetic thing. And then get butthurt and leave. :D

If they cost $400 I'd have one in a minute.

And then I'd promptly dump another 600 into it to make it all A-teamy like Tim brought up.
Nope keep the A team gun I want the van. :awesome:
Regulators mount up.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Anybody have any tips for making the extending part of a Zhukov-S stock a little easier to pull out ?

I busted a knuckle trying to extend it out a little more earlier today. Dudes at SHOT Show made it look so damn easy to do and it's hard as hell to do in person. :gonk:

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:38 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Anybody have any tips for making the extending part of a Zhukov-S stock a little easier to pull out ?

I busted a knuckle trying to extend it out a little more earlier today. Dudes at SHOT Show made it look so damn easy to do and it's hard as hell to do in person. :gonk:
According to the Mad Duo, you have to work it in and out a bunch: "We had to pull the stock in and out dozens of times before it finally began to slide with ease."
http://www.breachbangclear.com/new-ak-4 ... om-magpul/

I got one this weekend, and it's the same way. I got it to a comfortable length and left it there.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Langenator wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Anybody have any tips for making the extending part of a Zhukov-S stock a little easier to pull out ?

According to the Mad Duo, you have to work it in and out a bunch: "We had to pull the stock in and out dozens of times before it finally began to slide with ease."
http://www.breachbangclear.com/new-ak-4 ... om-magpul/

I got one this weekend, and it's the same way. I got it to a comfortable length and left it there.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I ended up doing.

Despite that one little quirk, I think it's an awesome stock.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 pm

What's everyone using for AR lubrication? Been thinking of switching to a grease, but recommendations jump between high end synthetics to motor oil.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:What's everyone using for AR lubrication? Been thinking of switching to a grease, but recommendations jump between high end synthetics to motor oil.
Slipstream Styx http://www.amazon.com/Slipstream-Styx/d ... tream+styx
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:02 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:What's everyone using for AR lubrication? Been thinking of switching to a grease, but recommendations jump between high end synthetics to motor oil.

All of the above work. I've just started messing around with Fireclean, but I've used MilTec 1 and TW-25B grease for a long time and never had any issues. I've also used lithium grease and synthetic 0W-20 motor oil a few times, it works just fine.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:24 pm

I don't own an AR, but I have used Frog lube with pretty good success on my guns.

Word of warning, though, Frog lube will leave your stuff smelling like peppermint for awhile.

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:27 pm

White lithium grease on the carrier rails and M-Pro 7 ir Slip EWL on the bolt. You can use damn near anything, really.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:45 am

http://np.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/38 ... _formerly/

Hollis V. Lynch AMA, formerly Hollis V. Holder. Suit details are there, some good discussion on the potential implications of the suit.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:http://np.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/38 ... _formerly/

Hollis V. Lynch AMA, formerly Hollis V. Holder. Suit details are there, some good discussion on the potential implications of the suit.

Best thread ever

"If this goes through I'm buying a mini mill and going to make piles of them. Not sure how I'm going to swing $10,000 in stamps but that's future "

"Donate Plasma. Jerk off into cups for cash. Jerk other guys off for cash.
Where there is a will there is a way."

Not sure how well we can realistically expect this case to go.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Not to incite a panic, but what is this I am hearing about the ATF is going to make AR and AK pistols into NFA items? I think I heard a timeframe of November for them to decide or announce their decision.

Guns are icky!

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:http://np.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/38 ... _formerly/

There is no god but JMB, and Kalashnikov is his prophet
I'm dying

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:31 pm

chills1994 wrote:Not to incite a panic, but what is this I am hearing about the ATF is going to make AR and AK pistols into NFA items? I think I heard a timeframe of November for them to decide or announce their decision.

I didn't hear anything about that, they're pending a regulation reinterpretation due around then that would require CLEO sign-offs and background checks for all trust members for NFA items purchased through a trust, but I didn't hear anything about NFA in reference to AR pistols.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:43 pm

TDW586 wrote:
chills1994 wrote:Not to incite a panic, but what is this I am hearing about the ATF is going to make AR and AK pistols into NFA items? I think I heard a timeframe of November for them to decide or announce their decision.

I didn't hear anything about that, they're pending a regulation reinterpretation due around then that would require CLEO sign-offs and background checks for all trust members for NFA items purchased through a trust, but I didn't hear anything about NFA in reference to AR pistols.
Apparently it has to do with them trying to classify AR/AK pistols as high powered pistols, kinda under the umbrella of whole 7n6/ attempted M855 thingy.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Anyone have any time in with the new alg ak trigger? It's on my to do list but it's further down the page than some other items.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”