Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by Shiloh » Wed May 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
TheLastOne wrote:dirt. put dirt in it.
Nah, man, I heard that if you get dirt anywhere near an AR they explode
I've heard all AK's come with a bag of mud with the instructions: "Dispense directly into receiver"
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Shiloh wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
I've heard all AK's come with a bag of mud with the instructions: "Dispense directly into receiver"
Nah, that's only certain models. Mine came with a bottle of vodka and a bag of sand. :lol:

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:35 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Shiloh wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Nah, that's only certain models. Mine came with a bottle of vodka and a bag of sand. :lol:
pocket sand?
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed May 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Reading over the low cost electronic ear protection with interest. I have significant tinnitus and I'd like to avoid it getting worse.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed May 20, 2015 6:44 pm

http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/p ... -hd-2.html

Some of the best earpro you can buy...
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed May 20, 2015 6:49 pm

While I do get my stock money on Friday, I think I'll pass. It is tempting though.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 20, 2015 8:16 pm

0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Shiloh wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: Nah, man, I heard that if you get dirt anywhere near an AR they explode
pocket sand?
Close. It was a 5 pound bag of sand from some beach in Russia.

Which was weird since my gun was made in Romania. :shock:

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:I loved the array of responses I've gotten complaining about the gap on a few forums. My options are as follows:
"Just stick an ear plug in there."-Total cost, under ten cents, I have several rolling around my range bag.
"Purchase the 'gapper', it's a world renowned product that has changed my life."-Five dollars, and wondering who came up with this thing.
"Magpul trigger guard. Closes the gap, allows for gloved shooting, high speed, low drag, tactical color options." Ten dollars. Have to pick between tan or black, risking having a rifle that doesn't match my outfit perfectly.
"Purchase a custom pistol grip that closes the gap, holds a spare bolt and cleaning kit, and is endorsed by John Doe, Space Shuttle Door Gunner." Seventy dollars, plus gunsmithing if out of spec.
"Get an AK." Seventy five dollars, including fuzzy hat.
If you know of someplace where you can buy an AK for seventy-five bucks and you're not sharing it, I shall be mighty cross with you
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Wed May 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Akin wrote:
KnifeStyle wrote:I loved the array of responses I've gotten complaining about the gap on a few forums. My options are as follows:
"Just stick an ear plug in there."-Total cost, under ten cents, I have several rolling around my range bag.
"Purchase the 'gapper', it's a world renowned product that has changed my life."-Five dollars, and wondering who came up with this thing.
"Magpul trigger guard. Closes the gap, allows for gloved shooting, high speed, low drag, tactical color options." Ten dollars. Have to pick between tan or black, risking having a rifle that doesn't match my outfit perfectly.
"Purchase a custom pistol grip that closes the gap, holds a spare bolt and cleaning kit, and is endorsed by John Doe, Space Shuttle Door Gunner." Seventy dollars, plus gunsmithing if out of spec.
"Get an AK." Seventy five dollars, including fuzzy hat.
If you know of someplace where you can buy an AK for seventy-five bucks and you're not sharing it, I shall be mighty cross with you
I think the places he's getting his guns aren't exactly paypal friendly.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Rev wrote:Image

Reading over the low cost electronic ear protection with interest. I have significant tinnitus and I'd like to avoid it getting worse.
Thank you rev, I was hoping someone would pick up on that :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 0122358 on Thu May 21, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 am

Anyone have thoughts on adding loops to AR magazines? Was digging them out of a Sneaky Bag at my course and it would be a feasible way to get more real estate and make them easier to feel for. I'm compelled to just tape some cord on because these are USGI mags and I want to break them and get PMAGs, the Magpul loops seem to be facing the wrong way for the draw I want to make.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 am

All of my USGI mags have a 550 cord loop. When I was but a young Marine first assigned to 1st Marine Division it was what I was taught to do and have been doing it ever since. Cut the cord remove the inner cords melt the end to prevent fraying tie a knot slide open the base plate of the mag, insert cord so the knot is just inside the base plate and close the base plate.

On a similar but different note I have another AR build in .223/5.56 and an additional upper in 300 BO to finish tomorrow Finally got my upper vice block so I just need to crank down the barrel nuts and install the gas blocks and gas tubes. I got an Anderson stripped lower for this build but ended up putting that on the wife's rifle and taking the Bushmaster lower for mine because se liked the horse head Anderson logo.
Regulators mount up.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu May 21, 2015 12:43 pm

0122358 wrote:
Rev wrote:Image

Thank you rev, I was hoping someone would pick up on that :lol: :lol:
Last time I watched "King of the Hill" was sometime back in 1999, so I may have missed the episode with the pocket sand. :lol:

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:02 pm

zobmiedown wrote:All of my USGI mags have a 550 cord loop. When I was but a young Marine first assigned to 1st Marine Division it was what I was taught to do and have been doing it ever since. Cut the cord remove the inner cords melt the end to prevent fraying tie a knot slide open the base plate of the mag, insert cord so the knot is just inside the base plate and close the base plate.

On a similar but different note I have another AR build in .223/5.56 and an additional upper in 300 BO to finish tomorrow Finally got my upper vice block so I just need to crank down the barrel nuts and install the gas blocks and gas tubes. I got an Anderson stripped lower for this build but ended up putting that on the wife's rifle and taking the Bushmaster lower for mine because se liked the horse head Anderson logo.
If you want Pmags try a few in that Bushy lower. In my experience XM15E2 stripped lowers don't drop Gen 3 Pmags.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu May 21, 2015 2:24 pm

What is it with Bushmaster lowers not working with Pmags ?

Are the Bushmaster lowers too tight or are they just made for USGI type mags ?

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu May 21, 2015 2:26 pm

I only have 10 Gen 2 PMAGS and they all drop free from all three of the Bushmaster lowers I have. Of course none of them were stripped lowers and all came as part of a complete rifle. Just tried them all in each rifle. They also drop free from all the other lowers I have from various manufactures. I only recently started acquiring PMAGS from my LGS as the owners are from the south and no stores here sell Okra but I grow it in my Gardens and they are more than willing to trade a gallon zip lock bag of Okra for two PMAGS. I never bothered with PMAGS before as I have over 130 USGI mags on hand and keep acquiring them for free from friends that are former military. I love when they clean their garages and find mags they have no use for and give them to me. :)

So not sure if it is only gen 3 PMAGS in bushmaster lowers or only the stripped lowers or what the combination on that may be.
Regulators mount up.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu May 21, 2015 2:33 pm

zobmiedown wrote:I only have 10 Gen 2 PMAGS and they all drop free from all three of the Bushmaster lowers I have. Of course none of them were stripped lowers and all came as part of a complete rifle. Just tried them all in each rifle. They also drop free from all the other lowers I have from various manufactures. I only recently started acquiring PMAGS from my LGS as the owners are from the south and no stores here sell Okra but I grow it in my Gardens and they are more than willing to trade a gallon zip lock bag of Okra for two PMAGS. I never bothered with PMAGS before as I have over 130 USGI mags on hand and keep acquiring them for free from friends that are former military. I love when they clean their garages and find mags they have no use for and give them to me. :)

So not sure if it is only gen 3 PMAGS in bushmaster lowers or only the stripped lowers or what the combination on that may be.
Last gun related thing I got for free was some 9mm ammo and shotgun shells after letting my brother store some stuff at my old place.

Ended up giving the 9mm ammo to a former friend later on. I still have the shotgun shells around here somewhere, though. :lol:

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu May 21, 2015 2:34 pm

Chimp not true check you PM I have some magazine items for you AK if you want them.
Regulators mount up.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu May 21, 2015 2:37 pm

zobmiedown wrote:Chimp not true check you PM I have some magazine items for you AK if you want them.
I got your message, dude. :)

The address I sent you is my new one since I had to move in 2013. The old house I was living in caught fire (small attic fire, no big deal) and I had to move into an apartment.

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu May 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Now if anyone is building an AK I have wooden hand guards a stock and I believe a pistol grip. You have to provide your own pocket sand since my pockets are for collecting lint.
Regulators mount up.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Does anyone know if the black polymer handguards and stock from a Russian RPK-74M would fit on my M64?

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:38 pm

The Bushy lowers (over 100 in a box) I tried not a single one dropped Gen 3.. couldn't tell you why. They dropped my other magazines free..my two Andersons drop every mag I own. Strange because the G3 mags are supposed to be thinner and work in a larger variety of 5.56 rifles.

Edit: it was Knifestyle that said he wanted to transition to Pmags, my bad. KS, try putting the the Mag Pull loops on length wise, if that makes sense. I've seen a few guys do that. It looks funny but will orient the loop the other direction (front to back instead of side to side)

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu May 21, 2015 4:46 pm

I don't have a gen 3 PMAG to test on my bushy's so some one else will have to weigh in on that one. I also usually grab the mag as I hit the mag release and pull it free and retain it. Any one who has ever had a drill instructor knows they don't smile if you drop your mags all over the place.
Regulators mount up.

AS556

Post by AS556 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Fair enough. For me if it's empty it's getting dropped onto the deck if it's partial on a tac reload then I do retain the magazine. Different strokes.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”