The Secret History of Eugene Stoner and the M16 Rifle

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Badger24
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Re: The Secret History of Eugene Stoner and the M16 Rifle

Post by Badger24 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Is the FN SCAR built to fit this particular use?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:34 pm

ultra magnus wrote:Can you tell me more about the models built by Mattel please?
IIRC, there are hidden lyrics in I Left My Wallet In El Segundo (but only on the 12" vinyl single) that pertain to Mattel's Firearms Division.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Rick, long shot but are there any Mattel lowers, like real AR lowers. Cause I want bad.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:Rick, long shot but are there any Mattel lowers, like real AR lowers. Cause I want bad.
I bet York Arms could do one up for you.
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:18 am

RickOShea wrote:
ultra magnus wrote:Can you tell me more about the models built by Mattel please?
IIRC, there are hidden lyrics in I Left My Wallet In El Segundo (but only on the 12" vinyl single) that pertain to Mattel's Firearms Division.

I rigged my cake mixer to my turntable to listen to some TCQ in reverse but the only thing that happened is this weird spinny thing floating above my amplifier. Pretty sure I tore a hole in the space/ time continuum. I tried throwing a tennis ball into it to see what would happen...........don't think the dog is coming back. I'll be at a hotel if anyone needs me.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 am

Lets see... Open wiki in new tab... Copypasta... submit under Dave...

When I want facts, or want to create facts, I go to wikipedia.

Hey, anyone know if there's a ribbon for less than 30 days continuous on Mars?
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:34 am

Kutter_0311 wrote:Lets see... Open wiki in new tab... Copypasta... submit under Dave...

No, but you do get to keep the tactical baby blue bathrobe and slippers they issued to you when you were first admitted in theater.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

procyon

Post by procyon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 am

Kutter_0311 wrote:Hey, anyone know if there's a ribbon for less than 30 days continuous on Mars?
Only if you were involved in hostile action.
In which case you are entitled to the purple heart embroidered on your bathrobe if wounded.
:crazy:
... I will show you fear in a handful of dust...

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:Lets see... Open wiki in new tab... Copypasta... submit under Dave...

You can get a waiver for it, but it has to come all the way from MARFORCOM, otherwise it's 90 days service planetside during a time of war, or service planetside less than 90 days resulting in your wounding by enemy forces. I have the regs for it around here somewhere...
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

.milFox

Post by .milFox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I ... can't ... breathe .. o .. m .. g .. :SNORK:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Maverick299 wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
I rigged my cake mixer to my turntable to listen to some TCQ in reverse but the only thing that happened is this weird spinny thing floating above my amplifier. Pretty sure I tore a hole in the space/ time continuum. I tried throwing a tennis ball into it to see what would happen...........don't think the dog is coming back. I'll be at a hotel if anyone needs me.
Sorry 'bout that. Live & learn, I guess.....Image

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

eeb

Post by eeb » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:27 pm

For the last time! THERE WERE NO M16S BUILT BY MATTEL !! They were built by Ertl.:D

Occasionally one can find an elusive "Tonka" marked lower, though these were only issued to SF troops on Titan.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:Rick, long shot but are there any Mattel lowers, like real AR lowers. Cause I want bad.
Get an 80% lower, take it in to an engraving shop to do the markings and logo for you.

There's one here in LA that I think would do it, I believe if you sent your lower in before finishing it, it can be sent around without issue through the mail...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Kutter_0311

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:53 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Kutter_0311 wrote:Hey, anyone know if there's a ribbon for less than 30 days continuous on Mars?
You can get a waiver for it, but it has to come all the way from MARFORCOM, otherwise it's 90 days service planetside during a time of war, or service planetside less than 90 days resulting in your wounding by enemy forces. I have the regs for it around here somewhere...
Think a guy that got a BCD for bangin martian locals would count as 'enemy forces?' He was driving the golf cart that took me out. I mean, we all knew he was really into martians in an unhealthy way, and kind of a sympathizer. Never could figure out how he had sex with them, though...
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:56 am

Kutter_0311 wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Think a guy that got a BCD for bangin martian locals would count as 'enemy forces?' He was driving the golf cart that took me out. I mean, we all knew he was really into martians in an unhealthy way, and kind of a sympathizer. Never could figure out how he had sex with them, though...
You obviously did not pay attention to the in processing holo.

(Hint: flip it over)
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

Kutter_0311

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:55 am

Caenus wrote:(Hint: flip it over)
:shock: OOOoooohhh... That's still gross.

AmnJoker333
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead

Post by AmnJoker333 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

It doesn't matter when it's Martian.
AR-15/Glock/.45 vs 9mm neutral/pie

Kutter_0311

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:08 pm

AmnJoker333 wrote:Image

It doesn't matter when it's Martian.
Martian sex fetish comes up in convo, and suddenly Hicks is awake? Why am I not surprised?

Hicks was the only real grunt in that outfit. Napping through the ride and unauthorized personal weapons are a dead giveaway :wink:

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 am

I was all into it until i saw the 0UFO diagram...

I should have known...when Dave says conspiriacy and fun in the same paragraph...its a joke. Dave never has fun, he just mearly smiles
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Viper shtf

Post by Viper shtf » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:16 pm

I want to believe!
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

Niblick

Post by Niblick » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:33 am

The real bitch is breaking your body while carrying countless pounds for countless miles only to find out about the top secret gear shrinker.
You are
What you do
When it counts.

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 pm

eeb wrote:
For the last time! THERE WERE NO M16S BUILT BY MATTEL !! They were built by Ertl.:D

Occasionally one can find an elusive "Tonka" marked lower, though these were only issued to SF troops on Titan.
Hmm... additional research indicates that the Tonka marked lowers were on .308 rifles in what latter became known as "DPMS pattern".
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Yeah, I'm a Martian sympathizer.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:01 am

the OP made no mention of the psychic soldiers developed for the First Earth Battallion, nor how Eugene was their secret killing word.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”