Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Locked
User avatar
BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 3020
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by BullOnParade » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Great article Dave, as always. As someone who is new to firearms, I'm happy to say I'm getting smarter. A white light was the last thing I added to my first HD/SD designed firearm, and I naturally went through progressions to reach many points you made in the article (11:00 placement, good light mount>scope ring, etc). Thanks again, looking forward to actually getting some training in the near future.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Dave_M » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:37 pm

0122358 wrote:So dave would reccomend a FSB mount? I've looked into those for my standard handguarded AR...
I recommend many setups; yes, an FSB mount is among them.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Dave_M wrote:
0122358 wrote:So dave would reccomend a FSB mount? I've looked into those for my standard handguarded AR...
I recommend many setups; yes, an FSB mount is among them.
Do you or anyone know of the Fenix TK11?

I'm looking at a Impact Weapon's mount for my Middy MOE handgaurd and a TK11? Just untill i can afford a Troy Omega X9 FF rail
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
Ten Eight
* * * * *
Posts: 1214
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Ten Eight » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:58 pm

0122358 wrote:So went to a gunshow today...ammo was non-existant (probably went yesterday)

Lots of good deals on firearms...I almost picked up a Smit J-Frame 442...

I'm going to buy a S&W 442 before thanksgiving.

I should have bought a Gen 4 G17 instead of my Gen 3 19...i fell in love today :vmad:

I also found local alternative to Raven and Bladetech...a bit more pricy by 5-15 bucks...but worth it IMO to support an up and coming kydex company.
Talk to RTF_Squared for your kydex needs. Support a ZS USER startup lol. Pricing might be better too.
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

User avatar
Sledgecrowbar
* * *
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.
Location: Central NJ & Shore/NYC

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:34 pm

0122358 wrote:
Dave_M wrote:
0122358 wrote:So dave would reccomend a FSB mount? I've looked into those for my standard handguarded AR...
I recommend many setups; yes, an FSB mount is among them.
Do you or anyone know of the Fenix TK11?

I'm looking at a Impact Weapon's mount for my Middy MOE handgaurd and a TK11? Just untill i can afford a Troy Omega X9 FF rail
I have a TK21, recently made obsolete by the 22 but I'm not upgrading. It's been dropped, smashed, crushed and dunked to the bottom of a lake. It's one great piece of Chinese junk :awesome: , and I'm considering leaving it on one of the medium settings and using it as a WML with the setting button facing the rail so it can't be hit.

Dave, what's the opinion on going underslung? I liked the idea of putting a slightly larger light like mine right at 6:00 so I can move my index finger over a hand stop and keep my grip while nudging the button with my middle knuckle.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:28 am

Ten Eight wrote:
0122358 wrote:So went to a gunshow today...ammo was non-existant (probably went yesterday)

Lots of good deals on firearms...I almost picked up a Smit J-Frame 442...

I'm going to buy a S&W 442 before thanksgiving.

I should have bought a Gen 4 G17 instead of my Gen 3 19...i fell in love today :vmad:

I also found local alternative to Raven and Bladetech...a bit more pricy by 5-15 bucks...but worth it IMO to support an up and coming kydex company.
Talk to RTF_Squared for your kydex needs. Support a ZS USER startup lol. Pricing might be better too.
Oh I'm going to buy my holster from RTF, been talking to him for a couple months while i decide on a light (which i have), I should of clarified that I'm going for thier double mag pouch...
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
AS556
* * * * *
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:31 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by AS556 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 am

Put a Gen 2 G19 on layaway yesterday..anybody have any info on the 6 part upgrade/recall? I emailed Glock today but am impatient. Serial is 3C42x (x being a digit.) Love the gun but not sure if I should get it if it needs the upgrade. I found a site that lists recalled serials but couldnt definitively determine if this one was. Any help is appreciated.

User avatar
Chris@MTCT
* * * * *
Posts: 3847
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Location: Spring,TX

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Chris@MTCT » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Sledgecrowbar wrote:
0122358 wrote:
Dave_M wrote:
0122358 wrote:So dave would reccomend a FSB mount? I've looked into those for my standard handguarded AR...
I recommend many setups; yes, an FSB mount is among them.
Do you or anyone know of the Fenix TK11?

I'm looking at a Impact Weapon's mount for my Middy MOE handgaurd and a TK11? Just untill i can afford a Troy Omega X9 FF rail
I have a TK21, recently made obsolete by the 22 but I'm not upgrading. It's been dropped, smashed, crushed and dunked to the bottom of a lake. It's one great piece of Chinese junk :awesome: , and I'm considering leaving it on one of the medium settings and using it as a WML with the setting button facing the rail so it can't be hit.

Dave, what's the opinion on going underslung? I liked the idea of putting a slightly larger light like mine right at 6:00 so I can move my index finger over a hand stop and keep my grip while nudging the button with my middle knuckle.

While I'm not Dave I'll give you my two cents on it.

NO.

Besides trying to activate something with a "knuckle" being very unforgiving and leading to nd's and or the light not functioning when you need it. A light mounted underneath is going to give you the worst possible shadow imaginable unless you have the light mounted so far forward that it sticks out from under the gun.

And by slightly larger light what do you mean and why are you using a larger light when you can get the needed lumens in a small package.

What's your use for the light.

I've tried it at the 6 before and it sucks and won't ever do that again.





Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Dave_M » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Chris@MTCT wrote:
Sledgecrowbar wrote: Dave, what's the opinion on going underslung? I liked the idea of putting a slightly larger light like mine right at 6:00 so I can move my index finger over a hand stop and keep my grip while nudging the button with my middle knuckle.

While I'm not Dave I'll give you my two cents on it.

NO.

Besides trying to activate something with a "knuckle" being very unforgiving and leading to nd's and or the light not functioning when you need it. A light mounted underneath is going to give you the worst possible shadow imaginable unless you have the light mounted so far forward that it sticks out from under the gun.

And by slightly larger light what do you mean and why are you using a larger light when you can get the needed lumens in a small package.

What's your use for the light.

I've tried it at the 6 before and it sucks and won't ever do that again.
I agree with all of the above. Also, pressing forward with a knuckle (as opposed to a thumb) also runs counter to proper recoil management,

Also, I cannot imagine attempting to use a knuckle and then take a quick shot on a limited probability target.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Got a few goodies back from laser engraving! Turned out pretty sweet.

Image

Image
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
Sledgecrowbar
* * *
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.
Location: Central NJ & Shore/NYC

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Chris@MTCT wrote:While I'm not Dave I'll give you my two cents on it.

NO.

Besides trying to activate something with a "knuckle" being very unforgiving and leading to nd's and or the light not functioning when you need it. A light mounted underneath is going to give you the worst possible shadow imaginable unless you have the light mounted so far forward that it sticks out from under the gun.

And by slightly larger light what do you mean and why are you using a larger light when you can get the needed lumens in a small package.

What's your use for the light.

I've tried it at the 6 before and it sucks and won't ever do that again.
Any experienced opinion is appreciated. The TK21 is comparable to other 2x 123A-battery lights that have the standard 1-inch body to fit a light mount, but the reflector is wider by a good bit. Not so much to be more hassle than it's worth for mounting, but you might be close to the rail if you mounted it far back enough (which you wouldn't). Other than that, it's not larger than other lights.

My use would be limited to HD and possibly pest control, though it's not been a concern up to this point, I plan to move in a few years and don't know what it will be like after.

My consideration was to mount the light almost flush with the front of the muzzle device, since there are no vents from about 4:00 to 8:00, I could mitigate the shadow entirely. I don't like the 10-11:00 positions because I find it distracting with both eyes open, and the 1-2:00 positions aren't comfortable for me when using the momentary switch. If they're the only smart option, I'll just have to get used to 11:00.

I'm using the TK21 because A) I already own it, and B) because of the larger reflector it has a good pattern of even light. In that order, with the 'zero cost' reason being far ahead. I would like to shell out for a handgun light and do 12:00 eventually as it's the best compromise for where to have the shadow and it leaves the hand guard a lot cleaner.

ETA: I was unclear, I meant the middle joint on my index finger, maintaining a thumb-on-top grip. That may not help its sensibility, but that's what I was saying.

In any case, thanks for the input.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Dave_M » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Maverick299 wrote:Got a few goodies back from laser engraving! Turned out pretty sweet.

Image

Image
Who did the work? Price point?
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Dave_M wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:Got a few goodies back from laser engraving! Turned out pretty sweet.





Who did the work? Price point?
https://www.facebook.com/ZnaLaserEtching

Zach from ZNA Laser Etching. You would need to contact him for pricing because the size of your order dictates price. He is very reasonable though and super fast turnaround.
Last edited by Maverick299 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Anyone got a source for 22 inch barrels for a Ruger 10/22, preferably with sights already installed ?

User avatar
Greg Focker
* * * * *
Posts: 2170
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Greg Focker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 pm

I've found something worse than using a Taurus Judge loaded with bird-shot for self defense. Please read the oldest comment :clownshoes:
Image

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

User avatar
Sledgecrowbar
* * *
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.
Location: Central NJ & Shore/NYC

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:17 am

Greg Focker wrote:I've found something worse than using a Taurus Judge loaded with bird-shot for self defense. Please read the oldest comment :clownshoes:
I haven't seen comments on SG for a while, I thought they got rid of them. Without ruining it for anyone, yeah, I can see that being worse.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Dave_M » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:36 am

Greg Focker wrote:I've found something worse than using a Taurus Judge loaded with bird-shot for self defense. Please read the oldest comment :clownshoes:
No comments show when I load that page. Hmm, trying again in a different browser.

Yup, that did. For some reason comments aren't showing up in Chrome (not that I'm complaining....)
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:25 pm

So i went into the new "local" (IE 20 mins vs 30 + bridge toll) gun store after my court date today...small hole in the wall type shop.

Very nice guys, helpful and talkative...maybe 40 handguns (overpriced) and 20-25 rifles (meh" priced) at the most. Handgun selection was ok, the usual Glock, XD, M&P, Smith revolvers, EAA and taurus...rifles were a few AR's, two AKs (a WASR10 at 999.99 :lol: ) and a couple mosins...usual riot shotguns.

Ammo was overpriced for wolf...

tranfer fees are...get this...100 bucks...

The most Id go in there for would be thier Ruger American at 320...
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:39 pm

0122358 wrote:So i went into the new "local" (IE 20 mins vs 30 + bridge toll) gun store after my court date today...small hole in the wall type shop.

Very nice guys, helpful and talkative...maybe 40 handguns (overpriced) and 20-25 rifles (meh" priced) at the most. Handgun selection was ok, the usual Glock, XD, M&P, Smith revolvers, EAA and taurus...rifles were a few AR's, two AKs (a WASR10 at 999.99 :lol: ) and a couple mosins...usual riot shotguns.

Ammo was overpriced for wolf...

tranfer fees are...get this...100 bucks...

The most Id go in there for would be thier Ruger American at 320...
Wal-Mart has the Ruger American for around 300-ish, Numbers.

Probably the only reason I'd hit that place you mentioned would be if I needed a good laugh before heading to a shop that wasn't trying to screw me over.

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:So i went into the new "local" (IE 20 mins vs 30 + bridge toll) gun store after my court date today...small hole in the wall type shop.

Very nice guys, helpful and talkative...maybe 40 handguns (overpriced) and 20-25 rifles (meh" priced) at the most. Handgun selection was ok, the usual Glock, XD, M&P, Smith revolvers, EAA and taurus...rifles were a few AR's, two AKs (a WASR10 at 999.99 :lol: ) and a couple mosins...usual riot shotguns.

Ammo was overpriced for wolf...

tranfer fees are...get this...100 bucks...

The most Id go in there for would be thier Ruger American at 320...
Wal-Mart has the Ruger American for around 300-ish, Numbers.

Probably the only reason I'd hit that place you mentioned would be if I needed a good laugh before heading to a shop that wasn't trying to screw me over.
I'm actually going to pick up the Ruger American compact in .308...then a Ruger rimfire...eventually when money starts flowing again...and after my S&W 442...and bird gun...and AR15...and Sig 226

Although There is an FFL dealer (but not a gun store, out of a shack on his property) that charges 25 dollar transfer fees...ill go to him to have stuff shipped.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm

0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:So i went into the new "local" (IE 20 mins vs 30 + bridge toll) gun store after my court date today...small hole in the wall type shop.

Very nice guys, helpful and talkative...maybe 40 handguns (overpriced) and 20-25 rifles (meh" priced) at the most. Handgun selection was ok, the usual Glock, XD, M&P, Smith revolvers, EAA and taurus...rifles were a few AR's, two AKs (a WASR10 at 999.99 :lol: ) and a couple mosins...usual riot shotguns.

Ammo was overpriced for wolf...

tranfer fees are...get this...100 bucks...

The most Id go in there for would be thier Ruger American at 320...
Wal-Mart has the Ruger American for around 300-ish, Numbers.

Probably the only reason I'd hit that place you mentioned would be if I needed a good laugh before heading to a shop that wasn't trying to screw me over.
I'm actually going to pick up the Ruger American compact in .308...then a Ruger rimfire...eventually when money starts flowing again...and after my S&W 442...and bird gun...and AR15...and Sig 226

Although There is an FFL dealer (but not a gun store, out of a shack on his property) that charges 25 dollar transfer fees...ill go to him to have stuff shipped.
Dude, you ought to see the gun want list I have. I swear at last count there was something like 40 guns on the list. :lol: :shock:

My priorities in guns is like this, 10/22, then Glock 22 and AK. The AK will take me a little longer to acquire seeing as how my truck is my number one money pit at the moment.

And speaking of FFL's, there's one in my town who does the transfers for free. I just need to see if he's still doing the FFL thing or not. If he is, he's going to get a phone call or two in the near future regarding transfers.

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:So i went into the new "local" (IE 20 mins vs 30 + bridge toll) gun store after my court date today...small hole in the wall type shop.

Very nice guys, helpful and talkative...maybe 40 handguns (overpriced) and 20-25 rifles (meh" priced) at the most. Handgun selection was ok, the usual Glock, XD, M&P, Smith revolvers, EAA and taurus...rifles were a few AR's, two AKs (a WASR10 at 999.99 :lol: ) and a couple mosins...usual riot shotguns.

Ammo was overpriced for wolf...

tranfer fees are...get this...100 bucks...

The most Id go in there for would be thier Ruger American at 320...
Wal-Mart has the Ruger American for around 300-ish, Numbers.

Probably the only reason I'd hit that place you mentioned would be if I needed a good laugh before heading to a shop that wasn't trying to screw me over.
I'm actually going to pick up the Ruger American compact in .308...then a Ruger rimfire...eventually when money starts flowing again...and after my S&W 442...and bird gun...and AR15...and Sig 226

Although There is an FFL dealer (but not a gun store, out of a shack on his property) that charges 25 dollar transfer fees...ill go to him to have stuff shipped.
Dude, you ought to see the gun want list I have. I swear at last count there was something like 40 guns on the list. :lol: :shock:

My priorities in guns is like this, 10/22, then Glock 22 and AK. The AK will take me a little longer to acquire seeing as how my truck is my number one money pit at the moment.

And speaking of FFL's, there's one in my town who does the transfers for free. I just need to see if he's still doing the FFL thing or not. If he is, he's going to get a phone call or two in the near future regarding transfers.
I outta post my list I have saved... :crazy: :lol:
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:16 pm

I'll PM you with my current list, Numbers. :lol:

I just need to find the notebook it's in first.

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I'll PM you with my current list, Numbers. :lol:

I just need to find the notebook it's in first.
I have mine broken down my Rifles /Shotguns / Handguns...then the exact amount and round capacity of magazines for each weapon, then I have two whole pages of ammo storage capacities starting with Jumbo .50 cans, to normal .50 cans, to .30 cans, then to sealed spam cans to be buried...
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Locked

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”