firearm accessories that you want that are not on the market

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Guy Fawkes

Re: firearm accessories that you want that are not on the ma

Post by Guy Fawkes » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:51 pm

MasterMaker wrote:
Guy Fawkes wrote:The Kel-Tec PMR-30 is a thirty-round .22WMR pistol. Apparently it's possible, but I think everyone and their brother would buy one in .22LR.
I have been in contact with KelTec and they said that they were working on a 22 conversion for it, but that was a year ago....
I emailed them a few weeks ago, and this is the response I got from customer service:

"There was brief talk of making a 22LR conversion for the PMR, but I haven't heard any more on it in a long while so I don't know if it's still being considered or not, sorry. "

That's not really a solid answer either way. But it does look like I'll have to get a revolver if I want a high(er) capacity .22LR.
Google voluntaryism.

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Kel-Tec needs to get around to making guns they already have before they come out with any more new ones.

And they could fix their quality control, too. Although that's secondhand opinion, it seems to be common.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:31 pm

a metal lower receiver for the SKS, held on by the usual trigger guard, allowing you to mount an AK pistol grip and stock....the lower fore-end would have to hook over the barrel up front ( an optional kit for people who don't want to use duck-bill mags: the lower should have a hook for standard AK mags...the mag catch replaceable, and a drop in slimmed bolt )

one kit, $150 price point, turn your SKS into an AK.

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:18 pm

doc savage wrote:a metal lower receiver for the SKS, held on by the usual trigger guard, allowing you to mount an AK pistol grip and stock....the lower fore-end would have to hook over the barrel up front ( an optional kit for people who don't want to use duck-bill mags: the lower should have a hook for standard AK mags...the mag catch replaceable, and a drop in slimmed bolt )

one kit, $150 price point, turn your SKS into an AK.
An AR mag/stock/grip+ trigger parts compatible lower for the AK wouldn't be a bad idea either...
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

spyderco monkey
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by spyderco monkey » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I'd be super into a PCC bullpup that took glock mags.

Also want a .45 ACP lever action with a threaded barrel and a short picatiny rail.

More hogue overmolded stocks, especially an Hogue AK handgaurd.

And, a return of the Bigot pistol fired by .22 blanks.

doc savage

Post by doc savage » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:33 pm

I want a tree stand that doubles as a holiday rack.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12 ... f2ae7c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Looking at a Sub2000 for sale locally and I'm thinking about how much I don't care about getting more efficiency out of a 9mm cartridge.

I'd like to see a lever-action .357 with a 16" bbl that folds like a Sub2K.

Or just one with a folding stock.

Or a Mesa Tactical-style stock adapter for such a gun so I could add an MOE grip and M4 carbine stock to it, and maybe a buffer tube hinge.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

eeb

Post by eeb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Got a couple Emails out regarding 30.06 to 300 Blackout chamber inserts. I'll edit with updates if I find anything, anybody have any leads?
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

merovingi

Post by merovingi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Something I'm looking for but can't find is a "Z" shaped rail extension that would attach to the top rail of an AR picatinny railed handguard and extend forward and down over the barrel, for mounting a laser/light lower to and above the barrel. Obviously the bottom side of the top portion would have the rail locking attachment point and the top of the bottom portion would have a few inches of railestate.

Mero

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:47 pm

merovingi wrote:Something I'm looking for but can't find is a "Z" shaped rail extension that would attach to the top rail of an AR picatinny railed handguard and extend forward and down over the barrel, for mounting a laser/light lower to and above the barrel. Obviously the bottom side of the top portion would have the rail locking attachment point and the top of the bottom portion would have a few inches of railestate.

Mero
Given that rifles are not lasers, you really don't want to be lined up straight with the bore.

That's a pretty exaggerated image, but there's a reason you can't find what you're looking for. First because lasers are generally clownshoes, despite the Hollywood, and secondly that the bullet drop means you're severely shortening the distance at which you can zero your laser.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

merovingi

Post by merovingi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote: Given that rifles are not lasers, you really don't want to be lined up straight with the bore. )
That's why they have adjustment screws.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: That's a pretty exaggerated image, but there's a reason you can't find what you're looking for. First because lasers are generally clownshoes
that's your opinion,
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:despite the Hollywood
despite the ego,
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: and secondly that the bullet drop means you're severely shortening the distance at which you can zero your laser.
you presume that I plan to use it at extended ranges.

Dude, no disrespect intended but:
1. Just because you don't agree with someone, it is immature to insult them by implying that their reasoning is rooted in fantasy. About lasers, I too had a similar opinion to yours at one time but that changed after observing their repeated usefulness in low light CQB conditions, in multiple defensive training classes, over the last few years . Under certain conditions, they have their place.

2. You give me far too much credit at being able to find things on the net.

Mero

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:58 am

Ruger LCR chambered for the .327 federal, preferably with a 3" or 4" barrel.

They would in all likelihood be able to fit 6 rounds in the cylinder, and in a revolver of a size and weight that is otherwise only available(any brand) as 5 shot 38/357 they would sell a lot since .327 is still an effective defensive round.
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

Das Sheep

Post by Das Sheep » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I would really like to have an affordable AK in these calibers: .357 Magnum, ,45-70.

I would also like a semi-automatic rifle, sort of like a camp carbine, that accepts 1911 mags.

doc savage

Post by doc savage » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 am

I want a triangular profiled AR15 handguard like the MOE, with a removable two piece rail on the lower surface only...that had a light and laser built into the lower sides, nothing protruding, no wires...push buttons built right into the handguard....just smooth triangle with no snags...not bigger than the MOE profile in any dimension.

IronKnuckles

Post by IronKnuckles » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Andy in NH wrote:I wish somebody would invent a "brass magnet."
Have you tried one of these?

One of the smartest handiest inventions I have ever purchased. I always leave the range better than it looks, which used to take up to a half hour. Now I'm feeling good after like 5 minutes of cleaning up and the range looks great!
Maverick299 wrote:Where's the government bailout for Hostess? I would have survived just fine without Chevy or Chrysler, but life without strawberry fruit pies seems kinda pointless.
AK_Stick wrote:Pretty much always be a need for people who can kill people, or work on stuff.

eeb

Post by eeb » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Prefitted Rem-age ( Remington 700 threads with a Savage style barrel nut) barrels in .223, .223AI, 300 Blk, 22-250, etc. I'm sure they're out there, I'd just like to see them more commonly available and affordable.

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:42 pm

MasterMaker wrote:Ruger LCR chambered for the .327 federal, preferably with a 3" or 4" barrel.

They would in all likelihood be able to fit 6 rounds in the cylinder, and in a revolver of a size and weight that is otherwise only available(any brand) as 5 shot 38/357 they would sell a lot since .327 is still an effective defensive round.
I was thinking about the exact same thing the other day. I'm not sure why, but I really like the 327mag. For whatever reason it feels very nice.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:46 pm

feedthedog wrote:
MasterMaker wrote:Ruger LCR chambered for the .327 federal, preferably with a 3" or 4" barrel.

I was thinking about the exact same thing the other day. I'm not sure why, but I really like the 327mag. For whatever reason it feels very nice.
My wee Taurus (believe the 327 is an 85 frame) fits 6 rounds of .327. I'm not sure I'd want an LCR, but I'd like to see some riffles in the caliber, and more wheelguns. A 4" barrel would be grand.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 pm

A device that allows you to reload .22lr rounds.

I always assumed that even if it were technically feasible, it would be pointless because .22lr is so cheap and widely available.

Sadly, I was wrong.

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
feedthedog wrote:

My wee Taurus (believe the 327 is an 85 frame) fits 6 rounds of .327. I'm not sure I'd want an LCR, but I'd like to see some riffles in the caliber, and more wheelguns. A 4" barrel would be grand.
Seems to be discontinued? I'm sad that the 327 seems to have flopped. Sure, we didn't really NEED it, but it was still cool.

Can't a guy get a small plastic revolver with a slightly longer barrel?

nolongpork

Post by nolongpork » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:58 pm

A few thoughts:

A Mossberg MVP in 7.62X39 (ak mag)...hell any 7.62x39 bolt gun

An adapter that lets you use AK mags in the VZ platform.

+100000 for a high cap 22lr auto

A 454,45lc 410 levergun.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:59 pm

nolongpork wrote:A few thoughts:

CZ, Savage, and Zastava all make 7.62x39 bolt actions. No AK mag version though.

nolongpork

Post by nolongpork » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:57 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

CZ, Savage, and Zastava all make 7.62x39 bolt actions. No AK mag version though.
Cool thanks.

eeb

Post by eeb » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm

An adapter that lets you use AK mags in the VZ platform.

+100000 for a high cap 22lr auto

A 454,45lc 410 levergun.
McAce.com offers chamber inserts to convert .308 or 30.06 rifles to fire 7.62x39 ammo. Might result in a single shot firearm, I don't know what if any modifications will allow the shorter ammo to feed from the existing magazine.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”