firearm accessories that you want that are not on the market

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

MasterMaker

Re: firearm accessories that you want that are not on the ma

Post by MasterMaker » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm

I have probably mentioned this already but lever actions chambered for pistol cartridges(9mm, 10mm, 357sig, 40S&W, 45 acp) would be brilliant and eminently doable since all it requires is a different breech/bolt face and chamber.
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:04 am

a hand tool that will knock out all of the rounds from a revolver full moon clip all at once, with one twist.

Doughboyjones

Post by Doughboyjones » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:00 pm

10 round magazines for the Ruger 77/357. It's my go to rifle, but I don't want to have to reload every 5 rounds when zombies are chasing me.

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:48 pm

doc savage wrote:a hand tool that will knock out all of the rounds from a revolver full moon clip all at once, with one twist.
I don't know if it is still being made but there used to be one available, it was more of a desk top tool though, sort of looked like one of those rubber stamp carousels with a lever on the side.
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

eeb

Post by eeb » Sat May 02, 2015 5:35 am

eeb wrote:
Gingerbread Man wrote:I'd like to see a AR-15 dust cover that closes after each shot. I don't think it'd be to difficult. Remove the detent and add a spring that holds the cover shut. You'd still need a bump that the carrier would knock into to open.

I believe I'm going to ponder this a minute.
Remove the detent ball and put the spring on backwards. The housing that held the detent ball will still throw the cover open and the case should be ejected before the cover shuts. Prolly not ready for prime time, but it's a start. If I get around to trying it I'll let you know how it goes. ;)
Planning on heading to the range later and try this, wanted to dig this thread back up so I can find it when/if I have something to report.

So, yeah, in semi, up to reasonably rapid fire, it works pretty good. I didn't even remove the detent ball, it'd pop open and let the case out when fired, then pop back shut. Looked kinda cool. Then I got greedy, and put the SlideFire stock in bumpfire position. Ran a few rounds, then the spent case didn't get out of the way of the fresh round. Pulled the mag, cleared the jam, and finished the mag with the stock in the fixed position. Functioned great, without further incident. Not sure it was the port cover, could have been the mag wasn't up to simulated full-auto, it had a couple stoppages after I removed the cover. All-in-all, a fun little mod that warrants further investigation, I'll probably try it on another range toy AR.
Last edited by eeb on Sat May 02, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat May 02, 2015 1:56 pm

feedthedog wrote:4. A 1-2 rifle safe that fits between standard studs, has a good electronic/biometric lock, and a decent amount of steel. Ideally it could be ordered with a variety of hinged mirrors, book shelves, and pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/newideasforyou ... nref=story

eeb

Post by eeb » Sat May 02, 2015 9:01 pm

An optic mount for pistols that clamps onto the foreend rail, wraps around top, and provides a picatinny rail up top to mount a scope or RDS. I should add the qualifiers "decent quality" and "reasonably priced". I picked up a couple from Keepshooting.com for $20 each, and for that price I can't complain, but I will state the fact that they were the lowest of Chinese quality. The others I've seen generally seem to be Airsoft copies, overpriced, or both.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 pm

eeb wrote:An optic mount for pistols that clamps onto the foreend rail, wraps around top, and provides a picatinny rail up top to mount a scope or RDS. I should add the qualifiers "decent quality" and "reasonably priced". I picked up a couple from Keepshooting.com for $20 each, and for that price I can't complain, but I will state the fact that they were the lowest of Chinese quality. The others I've seen generally seem to be Airsoft copies, overpriced, or both.
http://www.amazon.com/SigTac-Pistol-Bri ... B00DM2QVQA

Can't speak to the quality, but my only complaint with my Sig rds is that it was expensive for being no better than a PA micro.

Mako also makes a universal and a Glock-specific mount.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Wed May 06, 2015 4:10 am

majorhavoc wrote:A device that allows you to reload .22lr rounds.

I always assumed that even if it were technically feasible, it would be pointless because .22lr is so cheap and widely available.

Sadly, I was wrong.
Late to the party and janky as all hell, but apparently it exists: http://22lrreloader.com/design-details/

:|

I have it in my "For The Hell Of It" favorites folder.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:47 pm

An hk93 length handguard with a built in surefire light setup just like the hk94

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”