It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 am 

What do you want? what do you need? what would you like and is not being made?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 am 

A holster with a Keylock to make it considered a legal gun case in IL.
A set of 12ga to Rifle cal. conversion inserts.
A semi-auto Serbu.

And for giggles:

A grip that plays your personal theme song, when you put your hand on the handle.

or an insert that when you fire the weapon makes some kind of ridiculous noise or saying once the gun is fired. Something like a fart box on the trigger.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

http://www.gaugemate.com/

That's just one of many shotgun-to-other-caliber makers.

As far as a semi-auto AoW: they don't exist, IIRC, because they are considered a destructive device. a Shortbarrel shotgun makes more sense anyway, since you can get a folding stock.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 am 

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

As far as a semi-auto AoW: they don't exist, IIRC, because they are considered a destructive device. a Shortbarrel shotgun makes more sense anyway, since you can get a folding stock.

I hate to say it but that's not the case, a DD is LEGAL to own in many AOs. The predominant reason there is no semi auto serbu type guns is that the semi auto actions on most shotguns would not work well in a serbu sized package. There are a few shotguns that *might* work ( Saiga, *maybe* a browning auto 5) but the majority of them have serious timing and ejection issues when cut that far down, not to mention that any semi auto shotgun that works on a 'long recoil' type action can not use a pistol grip only. For these shotguns there MUST be some type of stock for the recoil spring assembly.

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 am 

Bunni wrote:
A holster with a Keylock to make it considered a legal gun case in IL.

A lock is not required to legally be considered a case. Anything that fully encloses the firearm and fastens via snap, buckle, button, zipper, velcro etc. is legally a case in IL. Plus you guys will finally be getting real CCW soon anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am 

Barrels that can be bent slightly.

To electrically, automatically, slightly correct your crappy aim.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Jsimmonsgr wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

I hate to say it but that's not the case, a DD is LEGAL to own in many AOs. The predominant reason there is no semi auto serbu type guns is that the semi auto actions on most shotguns would not work well in a serbu sized package. There are a few shotguns that *might* work ( Saiga, *maybe* a browning auto 5) but the majority of them have serious timing and ejection issues when cut that far down, not to mention that any semi auto shotgun that works on a 'long recoil' type action can not use a pistol grip only. For these shotguns there MUST be some type of stock for the recoil spring assembly.

Oh no, I just meant they don't make then because they are DDs. I'm sure you could tune the gas system for them if you wanted too, but nobody wants to fool with the $3000 tax to become a manufacturer of destructive devices (which is separate from the $150 to become a manufacturer of firearms other than destructive devices) or the $3000 to become a dealer of destructive devices (which is separate from the $200 to become a dealer firearms, including NFA items but excluding DDs) just to sell an expensive semi-auto pistol that fires a 12ga round.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:10 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Electronic ammo counter ala M41A pulse rifle, factory built into the lower receiver of an AR style rifle. For the lulz.

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:45 pm 

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Jsimmonsgr wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

Oh no, I just meant they don't make then because they are DDs. I'm sure you could tune the gas system for them if you wanted too, but nobody wants to fool with the $3000 tax to become a manufacturer of destructive devices (which is separate from the $150 to become a manufacturer of firearms other than destructive devices) or the $3000 to become a dealer of destructive devices (which is separate from the $200 to become a dealer firearms, including NFA items but excluding DDs) just to sell an expensive semi-auto pistol that fires a 12ga round.

A pistol grip semi auto would only be a DD if it was originaly manufactured as a pistol(Smooth bore semi auto pistol). If it was manufactured with a stock and was taken to a class III gunsmith to have it converted to a short barreled shotgun with a pistol grip it would not fall under the DD heading, it would still be a SBS. That key differance is why a FFL cannot sell a factory pistol grip shotgun to anyone under 21, the ATF considers it a pistol AND a shotgun, but not a smooth bore pistol. The catch is that most shotguns ( aside from the previously mentioned ones) have action types that preclude a 'serbu' type build.

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:50 pm 

Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"
- Factory produced Colt 6920 with left-side mounted, non-reciprocating, charging handle.

- bcm full auto bcg that is available for purchase online for more than 1 minute at a time..... :evil:

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I think we're on the same page, at different angles. I will say my search for a semi-auto AoW lead me to some gorgeous O/U SBS's that I now want.

OT:
.327 FedMagnum in a levergun.
Transferrable machineguns.
O/U or SxS AoW's in 20ga.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:09 pm 

$11 pmags

Cobray's website wrote:
Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.

Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:57 pm 

a rugged M41a1 pulse rifle kit that can be mounted on a functioning m1927a1 thompson pistol, and hold up to actual use......just for range amusement.

high quality 75 round ak style drum for the AR15 platform in multiple calibers....not made by beta c or of plastic crap. steel, opening back cover for loading, $125 price point.

a pistol grip/ AR styled stock for the m14 that doesn't look like a leftover erector-set abortion, or is made of zytel with reinforcing bolts all over it, or a ullpup that looks like it was slapped together out of frame braces at home depot.......just someone please do it right...!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm 

good PSL mags, that don't require a second mortgage. :vmad:

I'm Just Trying To Do The Opposite Of Left,
As Long As There Is The Opposite Of Death.
Tested, And I Might Just Bring The Opposite Of Life,
Till There's No One The Opposite Of Right...
-Fiasco-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm 

1. A 380ACP designed to be safely/discretely carried in a sweatband style holster on your wrist/forearm.

2. A relatively affordable bullpup PCC that is both lightweight and reliable.

3. A polymer COP pistol with a fantastic trigger.

4. A 1-2 rifle safe that fits between standard studs, has a good electronic/biometric lock, and a decent amount of steel. Ideally it could be ordered with a variety of hinged mirrors, book shelves, and pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:17 am 

A camera scope that mounts to the gun, that can be viewed via bluetooth?

A cheap camera gun scope?

Cheap camera scope that is small and does both moonlight and IR?

With a heads up display that shows round count? Why not right?

And has a built in range finder?

Hell has a caliber orbital trajectory and auto aim correction feature?

Technically the technology exists, but its not used fun ways for private ownership.

Oh and I want it to take pictures and video.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 am 

I'll have a coke. Really pretty satisfied with what is out there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 pm 

A specific qd riser for the eotech xps2 that mirrors the one on the exps2. There are a few companies that sell risers but the all have the stupid extension for magnifiers, which I don't want or need.

There is one qd riser made by Vortex that Id like to try on my eotech, but it'd be a slight gamble at $90.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:17 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Synthetic stock for a straight-grip Marlin 1894.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:03 pm 

Another vote for a well made adjustable stock for an M1A, that does not weigh 15 lbs or cost more than the rifle... Im talking to you sage...

Also a larger diameter LER scope say 42-50mm objective and a 30mm tube at between 6 and 10 x FIXED magnification with a decent fine plex reticle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:53 pm 

SRO1911 wrote:
Another vote for a well made adjustable stock for an M1A, that does not weigh 15 lbs or cost more than the rifle... Im talking to you sage...

Also a larger diameter LER scope say 42-50mm objective and a 30mm tube at between 6 and 10 x FIXED magnification with a decent fine plex reticle

what is your reasoing for the later?

Keep them coming guys!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 pm 

I hunt with pistols, and enjoy the scout rifle occasionaly. Most of your better ler scopes do not perform well in low light as compared to similar magnification rifle scopes. A larger objective lens and largertube would help. I also prefer fixed power scopes - one less thing to go wrong. A 6 to 10 power fixed glass with a nice fat tube and a decent objective would be fantastic for both long range pistol work and on a scout rifle. As far as the fine reticle is concerned - I have issue with some of these newer styles that seem to have more mildots and hashes than actual viewing area. It's why I refuse to run a red dot - a 4moa dot doesn't sound like much but 8 inches at 200 yards is unacceptable for me. All about personal preferences - I know not a lot of folks run 308s that fit in shoulder holsters or bolt guns under 15 inches OAL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:56 pm 

A well priced, rugged, simple, 10mm PCC. You hearing me glock!?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Ruger SR9, SR9c .22lr conversion.

Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next