Budget side-flip 3x magnifier

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

uncleben03

Budget side-flip 3x magnifier

Post by uncleben03 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I bought a Sight-Mark 3x side-flip magnifier for my AR, I think it cost $90. It's a huuuuge pile of crap. The mount clanks all over the place, the eye relief on it is about an inch, and it absolutely will not show my red dot clearly no matter how I adjust it or move the components around.

I'm looking for a budget side-flip magnifier to replace it. I have been recommended the Vortex one, but I absolutely can't find it in stock anywhere, and it's priced at $250 for the optic and the mount. I'd like to spend $250 max, so anything cheaper would be better.

I realize you get what you pay for in optics, but this is not my duty rifle and I don't hunt with it, so it's more of just a toy tool, if you will.
BobtheBreaker wrote:Paramedics must have been pissed! trying to lift that guy onto the gurney with his massive brass stones weighing everything down.
Heks wrote:engagement ring.... is that a MOLLE accessory?

Phoenix David
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend, Omega man

Re: Budget side-flip 3x magnifier

Post by Phoenix David » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm quite happy with my Primary Arms x3 magnifier https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Mag ... _s/910.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see my specific model on there, but I bought mine like 3 yahrens ago and am very happy with it.
Nobody ever wishes they brought a smaller gun to a gun fight

ohdeegeeohdee

Post by ohdeegeeohdee » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:39 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about the Vortex VMX3. It's at the upper end of your budget but its top notch, at least to me anyways. Throw Vortex customer service and lifetime warranty in the mix and its hard to beat.

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/pro ... m&i=444569

Edit: duh I see its sold out NEVERMIND

The Commander

Post by The Commander » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:56 pm

I would suggest the Primary Arms 3X Long Eye Relief magnifier. The eye relief is almost unreal how good it is. I comboed it up with the American Defense Magnifier Swing Off Mount for $200 from Primary Arms. The thing locks on perfectly, and swings into action like you would not believe. The drawback is the 15 ounces of extra weight.

TravisM.1

Post by TravisM.1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 pm

A few years back, LaRue was selling their "po' boy" magnifiers, which was a de-reticled, re-nitrogened panzerfaust rpg/bazooka sight, in one of their mounts. I liked the one I had, but a guy I work with made me an offer I couldnt turn down. That was back around the time the aimpoint magnifiers came out.
I sold my soul to the devil for a .45, a black cowboy hat and a switchblade knife.......

Unassigned
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead
Zombieland
Night Of The Living Dead
Diary Of The Dead
Resident Evil 1-4

Post by Unassigned » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Phoenix David wrote:I'm quite happy with my Primary Arms x3 magnifier https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Mag ... _s/910.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see my specific model on there, but I bought mine like 3 yahrens ago and am very happy with it.
^^This.

Primary Arms is tough to beat for the price. I have the long eye relief and love mine.
I am AR/Glock AND 1911*gasp!*/Blue Wire/Pie/Coke/Ford/Chuck Norris
Jeriah wrote:And for the record, I once had a GREAT time at a gay bar in New York.
ZSC:029 - North East Ohio Zombie Squad - Founding Member, Chapter Officer.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”