Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9075
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm

TTAG - Ruger Announces the New Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis Model


Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is excited to introduce three configurations of its new Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis model. The standard model of this refreshed PC Carbine boasts an abundance of new features, including a glass-filled polymer chassis system; six-position, telescoping, Magpul MOE buttstock; flared magwell for improved magazine reloading capabilities; ergonomic pistol grip with extended trigger reach; and a factory-installed, barrel-mounted Picatinny rail. Additionally, two 10-round state compliant models are available. One with an adjustable stock and threaded barrel, and the other with a fixed stock and non-threaded barrel.


Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3142
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by woodsghost » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:24 am
JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:40 am
moab wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm
Not sure what you want to know. Done right a 10/22 can is "Spy movie quiet".
Which ones do you prefer and why?
I never shot a silencer/suppressor, but the 10/22 takedown integrally suppressed thingy looks super awesome if that's still a thing
Those will be quieter and lots shorter than sticking a 6" can on the end of a 16" barrel.

Two of the three companies that I have bought suppressors from have gone out of business. The third; YHM I have one on a 10/22 and it is pretty quiet. I have a night scope on it I use to kill possums and armadillos with. So long as the ammo is subsonic I get more noise from the bolt cycling than I do from the round. You can always tell when a supersonic round gets in to the mix as you get the "crack". This gets quite a lot louder when I am shooting somewhere that an echo can come back to me.
Then stop buying suppressors from people! Goodness! You keep putting good people out of business that way!

:clownshoes:
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13474
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Then stop buying suppressors from people! Goodness! You keep putting good people out of business that way!
If they want to sell stuff at a loss, that is my gain. Hardend Arms had just become my new favorite gun store when they went under.... :(
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2391
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm
TTAG - Ruger Announces the New Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis Model


Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is excited to introduce three configurations of its new Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis model. The standard model of this refreshed PC Carbine boasts an abundance of new features, including a glass-filled polymer chassis system; six-position, telescoping, Magpul MOE buttstock; flared magwell for improved magazine reloading capabilities; ergonomic pistol grip with extended trigger reach; and a factory-installed, barrel-mounted Picatinny rail. Additionally, two 10-round state compliant models are available. One with an adjustable stock and threaded barrel, and the other with a fixed stock and non-threaded barrel.


Image
That's awesome, but it seems that the stock does not fold... which sucks. I want a folding, takedown rifle RUGER!!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2391
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Looks like Smith and Wesson released a M&P 2.0 Subcompact... basically the old M&P9c but in 2.0 fashion...

Color me interested.

But people are mad it is not a SIG 365 or SA Hellcat competitor.

I guess you can't please everyone
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

boskone
* * *
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 pm
RickOShea wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm
TTAG - Ruger Announces the New Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis Model


Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is excited to introduce three configurations of its new Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis model. The standard model of this refreshed PC Carbine boasts an abundance of new features, including a glass-filled polymer chassis system; six-position, telescoping, Magpul MOE buttstock; flared magwell for improved magazine reloading capabilities; ergonomic pistol grip with extended trigger reach; and a factory-installed, barrel-mounted Picatinny rail. Additionally, two 10-round state compliant models are available. One with an adjustable stock and threaded barrel, and the other with a fixed stock and non-threaded barrel.


Image
That's awesome, but it seems that the stock does not fold... which sucks. I want a folding, takedown rifle RUGER!!!
Yea. It almost looks like it should, which got my hopes up.

I'm not actually a huge fan of the M-Lok forearm, as I (still) want Magpul to put a Backpacker stock out for the PCC, but for an adjustable folding stock I'd've learned to live with it. :)

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13474
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Looks like Smith and Wesson released a M&P 2.0 Subcompact... basically the old M&P9c but in 2.0 fashion...

Color me interested.

But people are mad it is not a SIG 365 or SA Hellcat competitor.

I guess you can't please everyone
The 2.0 is too big IMO. It is almost the same size as a full size. I imagine S&W will release on in every possible size between Shield and M&P full size to take carry of everyone's tastes.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
Langenator
* * *
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)
Location: Aggieland, TX

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Langenator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:08 am

Stercutus wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Looks like Smith and Wesson released a M&P 2.0 Subcompact... basically the old M&P9c but in 2.0 fashion...

Color me interested.

But people are mad it is not a SIG 365 or SA Hellcat competitor.

I guess you can't please everyone
The 2.0 is too big IMO. It is almost the same size as a full size. I imagine S&W will release on in every possible size between Shield and M&P full size to take carry of everyone's tastes.
S&W's entry in the subcompact market is the Shield, not the M&P-C. I'm honestly not really sure what the M&P Compact really is. It's actually, IIRC, a bit smaller in both grip and barrel than the Glock 19. I always found the grip too short.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

User avatar
MacWa77ace
* * * * *
Posts: 1937
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.
Location: South East Florida
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:38 am

Langenator wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:08 am
Stercutus wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:01 pm
Looks like Smith and Wesson released a M&P 2.0 Subcompact... basically the old M&P9c but in 2.0 fashion...

Color me interested.

But people are mad it is not a SIG 365 or SA Hellcat competitor.

I guess you can't please everyone
The 2.0 is too big IMO. It is almost the same size as a full size. I imagine S&W will release on in every possible size between Shield and M&P full size to take carry of everyone's tastes.
S&W's entry in the subcompact market is the Shield, not the M&P-C. I'm honestly not really sure what the M&P Compact really is. It's actually, IIRC, a bit smaller in both grip and barrel than the Glock 19. I always found the grip too short.
They came out with a Subcompact in the main line of M&Ps, shorter grip and barrel than the compact, 2 front rail slots instead of 3. Guess that would be M&P-SC.

The S&W-C version has a shorter grip, Subcompact shorter still than the full. The Compacts / Subcompacts are still double stack. Most of the slides are interchangeable [same calibers], so if you think of the serialized part as being the grip and trigger, and the slide as the 'upper', then they really have a Full, Mid, Compact, and Subcompact versions. The full is a 4.5 inch barrel with a full sized grip. The Mid is a 4" bbl with a full sized grip. The compact is a 4" bbl with a short grip. the Subcompact has a 3.6" bbl with a shorter grip. All are double stack though. The M&P 2.0 has some external cosmetic and IIRC tiny bit of internal design changes from the 1.0 and only cosmetics from the 1.09. [could be wrong on those internals details, and i don't think they offer a mid anymore]

Yeah I think they are trying to meet every need and coming up in the market against Glock. With a better looking pistol and Model numbers that actually tell you what the gun is. M&P 9SC 2.0 vs. Glock #. [what? i have to memorize or carry a chart? pleezzz]

I have had a M&P 45C v1.0 and a M&P 45 v1.09 and I can could put the C bbl on the full to make a mid. [lost all my guns in a boating accident] Once even put the full size slide on the C lower with an extended mag and grip-x to make a Frankenemandpee.

The Shield is a single stack with a ~3.3" bll. So definitely slimmer than the Compacts but its overall length is close to the double stack subcompacts. So IMO the Shield is for the slim fit IWB carry. I got my Walter PPS 40 for CCing in dress clothes [made by S&W] which is a single stack and slimmer [which i have subsequently lost in a boating accident] before the Shield line came out. I want a Shield though in 45 or 40 because of the mag release to replace the PPS, but I know I'll just lose it in a boating accident too. :mrgreen:
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel


ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
Langenator
* * *
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)
Location: Aggieland, TX

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Langenator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Hmm...I didn't know they'd come out with something smaller than C version in double stack. Learn something new every day. I'm either carrying a full size, because my wardrobe and the weather allow it, or a Shield because it's hot.

There is also the Pro or L version - full size frame with the 5" barrel, for the IPSC/3-gun crowd. Great fun with an Apex FSS trigger.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13474
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Langenator wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 pm
There is also the Pro or L version - full size frame with the 5" barrel, for the IPSC/3-gun crowd. Great fun with an Apex FSS trigger.
I've had my eye on that one. Waiting for 3.0 I think. Don't want to have last year's gun it will make me look silly at social gatherings.

I have found the M&PC to be a more useful size for me than the M&PC 2.0. I found the marginal increases in size on the 2.0 make it uncomfortable for me to carry concealed. The M&PC is superior to the Shield in every way, even if larger so the M&PC is a good compromise between full size and small size. I also like that the "C" takes full size magazines.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7770
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:13 am

Prior to my white water kayaking accident on that river I can't remember the name of because I got bumped on the head, where it fell out of my holster and was lost, my Shield 45 was my go to EDC in an OWB leather pancake holster covered by a loose shirt. Absolutely invisible on me, even when moving around, due to how the holster kept it tight to my body.

The gun itself could be a little better (and has been improved in the 2.0 I hear). The stippling on the grip area was a little too sharp and aggressive for my hands, but a Houge slip on grip and a little light sanding with some fine emery in areas not covered made it much nicer to hold and shoot. The added size from the slip-on grip filled my hand better and everyone I let shoot it commented how nice it felt in the hand, and that's important with the Shield 45 because it's got a really sharp snap to it. Even with a nice firm grip and one of the 7 round extended mags in it follow up shots take a lot of practice to master.

That's just my experience with it though, YMMV.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 am

As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3142
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by woodsghost » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 am
Found on a semi local auction .

https://bid.auctionbymayo.com/m/lot-det ... %3DWebsite
So....ya gonna get it? Cuz it sure is pretty.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:48 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:00 pm
flybynight wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 am
Found on a semi local auction .

https://bid.auctionbymayo.com/m/lot-det ... %3DWebsite
So....ya gonna get it? Cuz it sure is pretty.
It's an actual Fitz special. That was owned by one of the guys that broke the mobsters rule over the Midwest. That gun is going to go big bucks
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:54 pm

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a law that will make the state the first to allow employers, co-workers and teachers to seek gun violence restraining orders against other people




https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-a ... 48949.html
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13474
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:06 am

flybynight wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:54 pm
California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a law that will make the state the first to allow employers, co-workers and teachers to seek gun violence restraining orders against other people




https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-a ... 48949.html
This is a great idea. Protection Orders ended domestic violence in the US back in 1984. If they could end gun violence too maybe the government would stop trying to ban all my guns?
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7770
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 am

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:06 am
flybynight wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:54 pm
California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a law that will make the state the first to allow employers, co-workers and teachers to seek gun violence restraining orders against other people




https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-a ... 48949.html
This is a great idea. Protection Orders ended domestic violence in the US back in 1984. If they could end gun violence too maybe the government would stop trying to ban all my guns?
I'd drink to that but we've been a dry country since 1920, and what a blessing that has been, eliminating drunk driving and alcohol-related deaths completely, nationwide!
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3142
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by woodsghost » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 pm

When a dremel is the solution, nothing else will substitute.

Did some gun smithing and loving my Magpul furniture. Cut the front sling mount off an AK and mounted the handguard without the sling mount cut-out. Naturally. The rifle feels lighter and handier, but I think that is because I can get my support hand out further and get better control. I'm betting the weight is about the same. It just feels more lively.

Eventually a M-Lok sling attachment is in the future, but for now the gun is being run with a single point setup.

The Zhukov stock is fantastic.

Deer season cometh....

8-)

Using 123 gr Wolf soft points unless I find some Hornedys at one of my preferred sites soon (Federal Fusion also has my attention). I'd like to try a different bullet. But killed 4 deer so far with Russian SP. Might be a 5th this November.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6771
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 pm
When a dremel is the solution, nothing else will substitute.

Did some gun smithing and loving my Magpul furniture. Cut the front sling mount off an AK and mounted the handguard without the sling mount cut-out. Naturally. The rifle feels lighter and handier, but I think that is because I can get my support hand out further and get better control. I'm betting the weight is about the same. It just feels more lively.

Eventually a M-Lok sling attachment is in the future, but for now the gun is being run with a single point setup.

The Zhukov stock is fantastic.

Deer season cometh....

8-)

Using 123 gr Wolf soft points unless I find some Hornedys at one of my preferred sites soon (Federal Fusion also has my attention). I'd like to try a different bullet. But killed 4 deer so far with Russian SP. Might be a 5th this November.
I've never thought to use my AK for deer hunting. I always figured if I ever went hunting, my Mosin is what I'd take.

The last time I went hunting, it ended in failure. Actually, I think that trip was doomed from the get go.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7770
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:32 pm

I may or may not have just put a $1,700 bid on an M-14 8-)

With my wife's blessing. :shock: :clap:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3142
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by woodsghost » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:30 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 pm
When a dremel is the solution, nothing else will substitute.

Did some gun smithing and loving my Magpul furniture. Cut the front sling mount off an AK and mounted the handguard without the sling mount cut-out. Naturally. The rifle feels lighter and handier, but I think that is because I can get my support hand out further and get better control. I'm betting the weight is about the same. It just feels more lively.

Eventually a M-Lok sling attachment is in the future, but for now the gun is being run with a single point setup.

The Zhukov stock is fantastic.

Deer season cometh....

8-)

Using 123 gr Wolf soft points unless I find some Hornedys at one of my preferred sites soon (Federal Fusion also has my attention). I'd like to try a different bullet. But killed 4 deer so far with Russian SP. Might be a 5th this November.
I've never thought to use my AK for deer hunting. I always figured if I ever went hunting, my Mosin is what I'd take.

The last time I went hunting, it ended in failure. Actually, I think that trip was doomed from the get go.
I have a friend who uses a Mosin and a 6.5(?) Swede for deer. Both are good. The 7.62x39 is equal to the 300BO and a tad under the 30-30. It works great with hunting ammo inside 100 y/m, in my experience. Good bullets will extend that quite a bit. I just personally have not shot deer beyond that.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6771
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I'll probably have to hit the range a few times to see how far I feel comfortable taking a shot before I actually go hunting. If I ever do go hunting, actually. Still, knowing my comfort zone when it comes to making a shot is a good thing to know.

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure just how far out the range I use goes. I'll have to ask my cousin (the range is on his bosses property) and see if he knows or could find out for me.
Last edited by 12_Gauge_Chimp on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9075
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:27 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 pm
I've never thought to use my AK for deer hunting. I always figured if I ever went hunting, my Mosin is what I'd take.
I like to think I started the SKS hunting craze in this area. Waaay back when I was fourteen, my Dad bought me my first centerfire rifle. He was thinking a Marlin .30-30. I wanted an M14 or M1A. We compromised on the then, just introduced Mini-30. We mostly hunted with my Grandfather at his club, which had lots of rolling land with short food plots only 75 to 125 yards long in the bottoms. Most of the club members didn't know what to think of that little ".30 Russian" rifle, until I actually dropped a deer with it, and my Grandfather used it to cull a couple himself....The very next season I saw several SKS's being used by both youngsters and adults. :rofl:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”