It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SUCCESS!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm 

Finally got the wife to go shooting again - it's been a while! :clap: Started with a 22LR revolver, then on to a 32 mag and a 38 revolver. She actually did great with the 22LR, so I'll stick to it for a while. Later on I'll let her try some smaller autos, but as she is 4"-11" and has arthritic hands so racking the slide may be a problem - we'll just wait & see. A revolver she can shoot is better than an auto she can't, so..... :mrgreen:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: SUCCESS!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 pm 

Great to hear!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:34 am 

the two most imporant things (after standard safety) are to make sure she has fun and not to get upset if she starts to out shoot you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:09 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

emclean wrote:
the two most imporant things (after standard safety) are to make sure she has fun and not to get upset WHEN she starts to out shoot you.

Fixed....darn wife.... :lol:

"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:11 am 

woodsghost wrote:
Great to hear!

Thank you! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:14 am 

emclean wrote:
the two most imporant things (after standard safety) are to make sure she has fun and not to get upset if she starts to out shoot you.

Years ago we used to shoot handgun silhouettes and she enjoyed it. Then kids took over. And yes, she has outshot me a number of times and has the trophies to prove it! :lol: At least she doesn't rub it too hard when she wins.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 am 

Murphman wrote:
emclean wrote:
the two most imporant things (after standard safety) are to make sure she has fun and not to get upset WHEN she starts to out shoot you.

Fixed....darn wife.... :lol:

Too late - that happened years ago! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:26 am 

I was a little concerned when I read this as...

emclean wrote:
the two most imporant things (after standard safety) are to make sure she has fun and not to get upset if she starts to shoot at you.

I really need more coffee this morning...
:gonk:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:54 am 

procyon wrote:

emclean wrote:
the two most imporant things (after standard safety) are to make sure she has fun and not to get upset if she starts to shoot at you.

I always get upset when people shoot at me! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:00 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

procyon wrote:

emclean wrote:

LOL! Yeah, I think it's pretty reasonable to get upset if your spouse is shooting at you. (As long as you're not already a zombie. :P ) *goes to get procyon more coffee*

But seriously, the fact that my husband does not care at all that I can regularly out shoot him (in fact he think's its hot) is massively appreciated. Shooting wouldn't be fun if I had to worry about him getting touchy every time because I'd done well.

(There's a reason I like hanging out here. Y'all are such good husbands...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:51 pm 

duodecima wrote:
procyon wrote:

emclean wrote:

LOL! Yeah, I think it's pretty reasonable to get upset if your spouse is shooting at you. (As long as you're not already a zombie. :P ) *goes to get procyon more coffee*

But seriously, the fact that my husband does not care at all that I can regularly out shoot him (in fact he think's its hot) is massively appreciated. Shooting wouldn't be fun if I had to worry about him getting touchy every time because I'd done well.

(There's a reason I like hanging out here. Y'all are such good husbands...)

My wife looks to be shaping up into an outstanding shooter. She's handling her Glock 20 with ease and getting good, solid, respectable hits with it and isn't intimidated by the recoil. It's the first handgun she's fired, and I just told her "honey, it does have stout recoil but nothing you shouldn't be able to control"...I didn't talking it up as a hand cannon and I didn't BS her and tell her it was a powder puff. As a result she rose to the occasion and had a good time with it.
Now, on the suppressed .300BO SBR......I'm in trouble. She loves it. She tunes everything out and is 100% focused on getting bullseyes. Based on her obsession with putting rounds into tiny little circles I forsee longer ranged suppressed rifles in her future. In this I have little doubt that she will someday surpass me and make me look like I have Parkinsons. :rofl:

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

LowKey wrote:
My wife looks to be shaping up into an outstanding shooter. She's handling her Glock 20 with ease and getting good, solid, respectable hits with it and isn't intimidated by the recoil. It's the first handgun she's fired, and I just told her "honey, it does have stout recoil but nothing you shouldn't be able to control"...I didn't talking it up as a hand cannon and I didn't BS her and tell her it was a powder puff. As a result she rose to the occasion and had a good time with it.
Now, on the suppressed .300BO SBR......I'm in trouble. She loves it. She tunes everything out and is 100% focused on getting bullseyes. Based on her obsession with putting rounds into tiny little circles I forsee longer ranged suppressed rifles in her future. In this I have little doubt that she will someday surpass me and make me look like I have Parkinsons. :rofl:

:clap:

She could do some of the ZS postal matches if she wanted to...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:26 am 

I took my gf shooting since we started dating, she loves it. The only thing that really worries me is she's an AMAZING shot..... with a bolt action 308. She can group damn near as good as I can at 200+ yards. However, she sucks with the pistol, I don't think I'll be teaching her pistol techniques because I want to stand a little chance. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though give her a long arm and she can pop damn near what you want where you want. However, a pistol she might hit me if I'm standing behind her.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...