Gun vaults/safes.

A place to discuss special considerations involved prepping and reacting to a disaster with children, pets and other family concerns.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Laager

Gun vaults/safes.

Post by Laager » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

I have often wondered just how tough my gun vaults are, I was at Fort Benning (Georgia) visiting family and went to one of my favorite gun store and saw this in their store.

To me it looks like I spent my vault money on a vault(s) that will hold up.

“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Gun vaults/safes.

Post by PistolPete » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:04 pm

That's awesome. I have a Liberty as well after seeing some people take apart other's easily. That doesn't mean a determined attacker isn't getting in, but your every day low life is quite unlikely to have success.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am

LOL I'm curious what that note says?

If that happened to yours, you may never get it open. But how likely is it that it'd get hit by a meteorite or similar?
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Laager

Post by Laager » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:14 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am
LOL I'm curious what that note says?

If that happened to yours, you may never get it open. But how likely is it that it'd get hit by a meteorite or similar?

"This is a testament to the rigid structual security of a Liberty safe.

even a 1000 pound block dropped from 200 feet in the air can't defeat the safe's engineering.

Liberty is the safe trusted by those that know."

I was going to ask them if it still opened, but I was in a rush to buy some items and run.
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:03 am

No matter what safe I get, I have to pray nobody breaking in thinks to check the tools in my garage. It would suck to have to explain to first police, then insurance company, and then my friends that someone cut open my safe with my own tools. :roll:
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Laager

Post by Laager » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:10 pm

RoneKiln wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:03 am
No matter what safe I get, I have to pray nobody breaking in thinks to check the tools in my garage. It would suck to have to explain to first police, then insurance company, and then my friends that someone cut open my safe with my own tools. :roll:
A guy I used to work with in Hawaii bolted his gun vault to the wall and floor, installed double dead bolts (2 sets per door) on the garage door (inside door and the man door from outside the house) came home from work one day (after HPD called him) to find that the burglar(s) had used a reciprocating saw and drill to cut the doors and then wrapped a chain around his vault attached it to their getaway truck and drug his safe off the wall, into and out of the garage door and down the road.

When I came over that weekend, I mentioned that I was wondering what the drill was used on, evidently they had a small circular drill bit that cut a round hole so the could get the saw going.

Someone on the main road called HPD to complain about someone dragging a gun vault down the main road.

Broad day light and no one at home saw anything or had anything to say, other than disbelief.

I always had a twinge when he would open up the garage without a care in the world. I mentioned maybe three times that I didn’t think it was a good idea at the time but he said they would not be able to break into the safe and steal his guns.

Now he may have been correct or maybe not since the safe (to the best of my knowledge ever been found.

So it could still be locked and hiding out somewhere on the island. Then again I really doubt it.

Return to “Family Prep”