Eye Glasses & recomendations

A place to discuss special considerations involved prepping and reacting to a disaster with children, pets and other family concerns.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Re: Eye Glasses & recomendations

Post by Asymetryczna » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Was provided PRK in 2005 and have had wonderful 20/20 or better vision since...still, hit 45+ and suddenly had to hold books at arms length to read. I must read! Books are my drug of choice. So, I buy and maintain every type of reading glasses I can find cheaply. Did you know Teddy Roosevelt had 7 pairs on his person when he rode of San Juan Hill? It's true; he was nearly blind. Mostly, my issue is falling asleep and breaking off the right side so I keep every pair and piece in a box so that I can cannibalize to create a working pair. There is a pair in my vehicle, my bags, 3 in travel load out, night stand, a crude pair with an elastic band I designed just for fishing, sling pack, computer bag, briefcase, etc., and etc. You get the idea. I don't model them; they are for practical use.

Do you want to know what is inside all these books?
Insanity.
~Fire Marshal Beatty
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Re: Eye Glasses & recomendations

Post by Asymetryczna » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Sorry that my point may have not been clear. People tend to look for a panacea, an elixir, remedy, THE BEST ONE, which one can lean toward as the sole answer to every problem. Seldom is this the answer. A really good Swiss Army knife may be all that one needs for just just about anything -there are exceptions- but perhaps you should just save any and every version of glasses you wear. In a pinch, you'll find a way to use them.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Family Prep”