New-to-Me Food Prep Source

A place to discuss special considerations involved prepping and reacting to a disaster with children, pets and other family concerns.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Cowgirl
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

New-to-Me Food Prep Source

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am

Last year I got into sourdough and began an adventure into sourdough bread baking. I had baked bread for years, but sourdough baking became a passion. That in turn sparked a quest to find more affordable organic bread flours. I found Breadtopia breadtopia.com when searching for recipes and wandered over to their store. I placed an order for organic bread flour and have been extremely pleased with the quality and price. I just ordered another 50 pounds of flour and was once again pleased with the packaging, pricing and speed of delivery. Their prices are cheaper than anything I can find locally. They also sell whole grains, and you can even buy grains packaged in long term storage buckets. I have not purchased any whole grains from them yet, but I may, as I have been stocking more and more organic foods, and I am very pleased with their quality and pricing thus far.

Anyhow, if anyone else is also looking for a source for reasonably priced organic baking foods for stock up, this one is my current favorite.

Zed Hunter

Re: New-to-Me Food Prep Source

Post by Zed Hunter » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am

The link didn't work. Googling brought the site at the top of the page.

I'm interested in bulk whole grains. Ill have to compare prices.
Last edited by Zed Hunter on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowgirl

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 am

Not sure why the link did not work. I checked and I made no typos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cowgirl

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 am

Ok, I am trying to create the link again, this time by copying and pasting the address directly from my browser:

https://breadtopia.com/

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 am
Ok, I am trying to create the link again, this time by copying and pasting the address directly from my browser:

https://breadtopia.com/
Looks like a great site!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

JimmyJN

Post by JimmyJN » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am
Last year I got into sourdough and began an adventure into sourdough bread baking. I had baked bread for years, but sourdough baking became a passion. That in turn sparked a quest to find more affordable organic bread flours. I found Breadtopia breadtopia.com when searching for recipes and wandered over to their store. I placed an order for organic bread flour and have been extremely pleased with the quality and price. I just ordered another 50 pounds of flour and was once again pleased with the packaging, pricing and speed of delivery. Their prices are cheaper than anything I can find locally. They also sell whole grains, and you can even buy grains packaged in long term storage buckets. I have not purchased any whole grains from them yet, but I may, as I have been stocking more and more organic foods, and I am very pleased with their quality and pricing thus far.

Anyhow, if anyone else is also looking for a source for reasonably priced organic baking foods for stock up, this one is my current favorite.
Are you the owner of the site? It has so many great content to read. Nice work!

Cowgirl

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 pm

No, I am not the owner of Breadtopia. Gee I wish I was that wealthy! 😸

That’s why I was saying it is new to me. I actually found it while searching for sourdough recipes. But I have been really happy with what I have purchased from them, and they have a lot of items for longer term storage. So, I was just sharing.

colmer

Post by colmer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 pm

That looks like a good place to get the baking stuff.

Return to “Family Prep”