Hello! Newbie from WI

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mrbeefy
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of 'em :-)

Hello! Newbie from WI

Post by Mrbeefy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi all, just checking in. I'm a newbie from the great Northwoods. I just started getting prepping supplies having stumbled upon this coulture a few years ago. I'm mostly limited by finances but I'm slowly picking things up. I've since upgraded my EDC however my workplace does not allow weapons of any kind. I have become the "go-to" guy for various things at work my co-workers need. That's right let's ask the prepper if he has zip-ties lol. I'm just starting my BOB, my Father-In-Law has donated to me a small surplus ALICE pack. I've started with weapos first. I have a 1953 Hungarian Mosin Nagant M44 with a folding bayonet as my main defense weapon. I've also used it to hunt whitetails while loaded with soft points and I'm satisfied with it except the fact that it weighs 10lbs ! I do have some melee weapons. I procured a Tomahawk, a cheapo wal-mart machete (to be eventually upgraded), two Bowie knives, a damascus steel Katana and I have recently built a 10lb zombie mace from hardware store parts. Well that's all for now, duty calls.
Last edited by Mrbeefy on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfhvnter wrote: RAZORD SHARP SNAKE MEAT LASER!!?!?!?!!

TEC9man

Re: Hello! Newbie froim WI

Post by TEC9man » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Welcome from chapter 20 Chicagoland. Unfortunately there isn't a WI chapter yet.
Psalm 27:1-5
All the above statements are that of TEC9man and not necesarily that of ZS, it's moderators or members.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:55 am

TEC9man wrote:Unfortunately there isn't a WI chapter yet.
If people keep wandering in here, we will soon! :clap:

Welcome to the party!
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Mrbeefy

Post by Mrbeefy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 am

I don't have the resources to be a founding member but that definitely sounds good!

SOWMAS

Post by SOWMAS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 am

Anyone know how many people on the forum are in WI? I'd be willing to work on starting a chapter. That is, if there really is a desire to have one and there are others who'd help set it up.
I'm sure the folks in chapter 020 could point us in the right direction.

Mrbeefy

Re: Hello! Newbie from WI

Post by Mrbeefy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 am

In order from the top, my Display Katana, Tomahawk, Cheapo wal mart Machete, Winchester Bowie, Cheap brand stainless steel bowie that I removed the 1980's looking grips from and paracord wrapped. I then hit it with the OD green and Flat black. To the right is my 10lb Zombie sledge.

Those two tins are tiny survival kits that actually fit into the back pocket of my jeans if need be. They each have one space blanket, a box of waterproof matches, a BIC lighter, a mini knife (1.5" blade), a single edged razor blade duct taped to the bottom of the tin top, fishing hooks, fishing line, sinkers, a 4' roll of duct tape and 20' of plumber's line. Not bad for my first try but next is an altoids can !!
Last edited by Mrbeefy on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrbeefy

Post by Mrbeefy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:17 am

Plus assorted banfdages and band aids !! Oh`and triple anti-biotic salve in a tube.

TEC9man

Post by TEC9man » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 am

There has been talk for years about a WI chapter. Actually there should be at least 3 , Southern, Central and Norrthern. I live right on the border with IL (literally across the street from IL).
All the above statements are that of TEC9man and not necesarily that of ZS, it's moderators or members.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:05 pm

TEC9man wrote:There has been talk for years about a WI chapter. Actually there should be at least 3 , Southern, Central and Norrthern. I live right on the border with IL (literally across the street from IL).
Yeah, I've never really looked at what's required to be a chapter, I just keep seeing people from WI join online. I know there are a couple people in and around GB with me, but most of us are scattered pretty far and wide.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

TEC9man

Post by TEC9man » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:
TEC9man wrote:Unfortunately there isn't a WI chapter yet.
If people keep wandering in here, we will soon! :clap:

Welcome to the party!
I've been hearing that for 7 years. Also you guys are way further North than me. I live right on the IL border.

TDot132

Post by TDot132 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Welcome! Always nice to grow the Sconnie Ranks. lol. Oh, and Tec9, I am down at my moms almost on the IL border most weekends, so I feel ya! You're not alone! lol
How do I stay so happy? I live by a certain phrase... FIDO F*** It, Drive On.

Gray Gator

Post by Gray Gator » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello. I am about 3-1/2 hours NW of ya in Washburn. If your up for some mock bugs outs up here send me a PM.
Find us on Facebook / Twin Ports Zombie Squad Zsc049‎
“Preparing gives you choices, not preparing gives you absolutely nothing"

Return to “Introductions”