Greetings and salutations, Midwest

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kun2112

Greetings and salutations, Midwest

Post by Kun2112 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:21 pm

About me:
I am of an age where my car insurance will not go down after subsequent birthdays :)
I think all bow hunters should have to use traditional equipment. If you look through the sight and pull the trigger (release), it no longer qualifies as a bow. :D
I am into recreational backpacking: lightweight school. Ultralight it too much money to shave off those last few pounds. I will gladly add a little weight if it means a good-nights-sleep. :mrgreen:
I try to learn from as many sources of information as I can.
The most useful [insert gear item here] is the one you already own. If you own a good A, don't buy another A until you get the badly needed B.

Why I registered here:
I am a gun guy. However, there are a lot of guns that I have no use for. To each his own -- I live by that. The firearms section of this forum does not suffer from the "group-think" that is too prevalent at so many other boards. Discussions are actually discussions, not "experts" stating the only handgun worth owning is X.
People planning for emergency situations without getting me the feeling that some are actually looking forward to them.
Lefties and righties extolling the virtues of solar power in the same thread.
ZS activism is being active in the community :shock: The St. Louis Blood Drive is a perfect example.

My "dream project": Design and make a web belt/h-harness type rig to store my knife, water, compass etc... that doubles as a climbing grade sit/chest harness. Oh, and I want it to also act as shoulder straps and belt to an internal frame pack in the 40-60L range.

If I could accomplish one thing: Get the REI and Cabella's crowds to sit down together and design some gear together. Manufacturer A makes packs for backpacking, mountaineering, big-wall rock climbing, cross country skiing, etc... why can't you make one for hunting. Manufacturer B makes the near perfect 30L B.O.B., unfortunately it ways eight pounds empty. That's 2 lbs more than Manufacturer A's 85L "let's climb K2" expedition pack.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Re: Greetings and salutations,

Post by NoAm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:48 am

Welcome from WNC! What part of the world are you from?
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 am

Welcome, you sure posted one of the more interesting intro posts in a while.
My "dream project": Design and make a web belt/h-harness type rig to store my knife, water, compass etc... that doubles as a climbing grade sit/chest harness. Oh, and I want it to also act as shoulder straps and belt to an internal frame pack in the 40-60L range.
This would be awesome - in fact I might have to get working on this!

I see you are a "gun guy" - I hope you post in more sections than just there, we are a lot more than just another gun forum...

Check the rules and Hall of Fame and get stuck in!
Man is a beast of prey

Kun2112

Post by Kun2112 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks.
I am in midwest farm country right now, but I grew up in the Ozarks/Ouachitas with a ten year stretch in the city.
I actually will probably spend very little time in the gun section. I am just looking forward to preparedness discussion that doesn't get creepy (and then we'll be running the show, etc...) like it does on some places that shall remain nameless.

I actually should say that is my current dream gear project. My dream project is a network of libraries each stocked with enough to provide a K-12-BA classic liberal education and specialized training in applied fields such as ag. eng. sciences etc... in case things get really bad. I want one of them in the retreat I plan to build

Return to “Introductions”