another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
zXzGrifterzXz
* * * * *
Posts: 6922
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:17 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.
Location: Bensalem, PA

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm

DryGrain wrote:.... :shock:



way to hijack the intro thread, soldier-boy
Way to pad your post count, civy.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Y.T.
* * * * *
Posts: 4096
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead & Breakfast,
Night of the Comet,
Shaun of the Dead,
28 Days Later,
Resident Evil: Extinction,
Planet Terror
and a host of post-apoc/sci-fi/dystopia.
...4 words for you: deaf. amish. zombie killer.
...3 more words: machine. gun. leg.

"Idiocracy: it's not just a movie, people. It's a warning."
-- said by a quite awesome friend
(yes, it qualifies as a zombie movie)
Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Y.T. » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:58 pm

DryGrain,
I appreciate the defense there, but in fairness I asked Army_Grunt to explain, hence his post. :) I'm chatty like that.
status update: Y.T. has not been eaten by zombies. She's busy in the analog world.
JOIN THE ARIZONA CHAPTER!!
desert folks links/tips * ZS Wiki * beginner help & other links * women's PAW health
Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

Pansy
* *
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:30 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Pansy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Y.T. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts about Sept11/Blackout preparedness, welcome to Zombie Squad.

User avatar
airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 2838
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:16 am
Location: Sarasota, FL
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by airballrad » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Welcome aboard!

EDIT: Ye gads, need to refresh before commenting snarkily...

User avatar
Shiner86
* * * * *
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:56 pm

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Shiner86 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Y.T. wrote:I don't have the funds for a fancy awesome internal frame hiker's backpack with built-in hydration system, so meanwhile I'm converting a regular backpack I got from a thrift store (like new, $5, yay!). I've sewed some D-rings on the outside to hold bottles or strap on a sleeping bag. I've sewed on a waist strap for support. And I'm cutting up an discarded car seat cover (cordura type stuff) to make a double pocket for water bladders on the inside. Right now the interim plan is to grab my camelbak and wear it under the regular back pack (they actually stack well like that) so I can bring 1-2 bladders of water along with other gear that won't fit in the camelbak (clothes, food and stuff).
You're crafty. That's awesome. Welcome to ZS! :D
Army_Grunt wrote:I plan on knocking on doors and pulling everyone out who has weapons and can fight and if i don't get a response there getting there doors blown off the fucking hinges and im going in to secure there goods.
Over my (or your) dead body. If I'm holed up, hiding from zombies or trying to ride out some other natural or man made disaster, I may not be answering my door. And if someone "blows it off the fucking hinges", particularly with the expressed intent to "secure my goods", they may be met with similar resistance. Also, if I do feel comfortable answering my door for the nice young man in the ACUs, he will politely be told that my guns and I will not be joining him. This is not negotiable, so when he says he plans on "pulling everyone who has weapons and can fight", I hope he doesn't plan to (attempt to) force the unwilling.

Ninja Edit: If there were an organized military presence, I might be a little more cooperative, but one rogue guy who happens to be in uniform will do little to persuade me that joining him while he storms Wal-Mart in 4 squads of 10 would be a good idea.

User avatar
TheFreakinBear
* * * * *
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.
Location: TheOmegaMan.org
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by TheFreakinBear » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Army_Grunt wrote: Ha ha with the punctuation I'm just trying to get people to stop bitching.
Those are our forum rules. Communication is easier if everyone is on point with their grammar and because we have a lot of people over seas that English is their second language.

I plan on knocking on doors and pulling everyone out who has weapons and can fight and if i don't get a response there getting there doors blown off the fucking hinges and im going in to secure there goods.Breaking and entering is illegal. Sounds like another point of discussion which is verboden here on our forum.

I'm not saying stealing i'm saying these people are already dead because they bugged out to wall mart and got eaten so i might as well eat there food or give it away to someone else who's alive and has none.Sounds like you plan on armed robbery to me. That illegal. Check our rules.
See bold for my response.
Last edited by TheFreakinBear on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Army_Grunt
BANNED
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:50 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead (1990)
Dawn of the Dead.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Army_Grunt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Shiner86 wrote:
Y.T. wrote:I don't have the funds for a fancy awesome internal frame hiker's backpack with built-in hydration system, so meanwhile I'm converting a regular backpack I got from a thrift store (like new, $5, yay!). I've sewed some D-rings on the outside to hold bottles or strap on a sleeping bag. I've sewed on a waist strap for support. And I'm cutting up an discarded car seat cover (cordura type stuff) to make a double pocket for water bladders on the inside. Right now the interim plan is to grab my camelbak and wear it under the regular back pack (they actually stack well like that) so I can bring 1-2 bladders of water along with other gear that won't fit in the camelbak (clothes, food and stuff).
You're crafty. That's awesome. Welcome to ZS! :D
Army_Grunt wrote:I plan on knocking on doors and pulling everyone out who has weapons and can fight and if i don't get a response there getting there doors blown off the fucking hinges and im going in to secure there goods.
Over my (or your) dead body. If I'm holed up, hiding from zombies or trying to ride out some other natural or man made disaster, I may not be answering my door. And if someone "blows it off the fucking hinges", particularly with the expressed intent to "secure my goods", they may be met with similar resistance. Also, if I do feel comfortable answering my door for the nice young man in the ACUs, he will politely be told that my guns and I will not be joining him. This is not negotiable, so when he says he plans on "pulling everyone who has weapons and can fight", I hope he doesn't plan to (attempt to) force the unwilling.

Ninja Edit: If there were an organized military presence, I might be a little more cooperative, but one rogue guy who happens to be in uniform will do little to persuade me that joining him while he storms Wal-Mart in 4 squads of 10 would be a good idea.
I won't try to force anyone, i was kind of hoping they would see me ready to tear some stuff up and get an adrenaline boost and want to join. And the door blasting only comes after ample warning, but you know what i mean its imperative to survival to secure and consume all perishable goods near you before eating your non perishables and if your neighbors are dead and aren't going to be eating them then you might as well dig in while the diggin is good.

And i think it would be easier to clean a neighborhood out while the zom level is still at a minimum, stop the up rising at its earliest stage before letting it grow to a point where trying to do something would be suicide. I would hate to live in hiding, i mean staying alive is one thing, but cowering in fear in a dark hole eating cans of spaghettios waiting for help to come that might never come just isn't an option for me.

Y.T.
* * * * *
Posts: 4096
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead & Breakfast,
Night of the Comet,
Shaun of the Dead,
28 Days Later,
Resident Evil: Extinction,
Planet Terror
and a host of post-apoc/sci-fi/dystopia.
...4 words for you: deaf. amish. zombie killer.
...3 more words: machine. gun. leg.

"Idiocracy: it's not just a movie, people. It's a warning."
-- said by a quite awesome friend
(yes, it qualifies as a zombie movie)
Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Y.T. » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Shiner86 wrote:You're crafty. That's awesome. Welcome to ZS! :D
just like the Beastie Boys. and thanks. :)
status update: Y.T. has not been eaten by zombies. She's busy in the analog world.
JOIN THE ARIZONA CHAPTER!!
desert folks links/tips * ZS Wiki * beginner help & other links * women's PAW health
Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

Army_Grunt
BANNED
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:50 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead (1990)
Dawn of the Dead.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Army_Grunt » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:36 pm

TheFreakinBear wrote:
Army_Grunt wrote: Ha ha with the punctuation I'm just trying to get people to stop bitching.
Those are our forum rules. Communication is easier if everyone is on point with their grammar and because we have a lot of people over seas that English is their second langauge.

I plan on knocking on doors and pulling everyone out who has weapons and can fight and if i don't get a response there getting there doors blown off the fucking hinges and im going in to secure there goods.Breaking and entering is illegal. Sounds like another point of discussion which is verboden here on our forum.

I'm not saying stealing i'm saying these people are already dead because they bugged out to wall mart and got eaten so i might as well eat there food or give it away to someone else who's alive and has none. Sounds like you plan on armed robbery to me. That illegal. Check our rules.
See bold for my response.

Since when is taking food from empty houses who's occupants are dead considered armed robbery? You guys are all about throwing things out of context and turning regular conversations into arguments.

User avatar
Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 9341
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: PDX-ish

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Czechnology » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Army_Grunt wrote:
Since when is taking food from empty houses who's occupants are dead considered armed robbery? You guys are all about throwing things out of context and turning regular conversations into arguments.
The argument thing I'll have a hard time disputing, we're a rowdy bunch. However we're not blowing anything out of proportion. We're a charity group, and many organizations might look down upon aligning themselves with a group that has servicemen advocating looting during a civil disturbance. (I guess they might see that as a bad thing?)

You're running into problems here because you're rehashing the things that all the teenagers who last 2 weeks here always rehash before they get offended that we call things like they are and they wind up leaving in a huff of angsty misunderstood rage, likely accompanied by a heavy background of Mudvayne or Linkin Park.

Whether this is because you're one of the aforementioned people, or the result of some cosmic misalignment of heretofore unseen proportions, I can't say, but I'd suggest you lurk a little and get a better feel for what flies here and what doesn't, and then you'll know better what to expect from things like the plan you posted above.

Example:
The whole Walmart thing has its own thread as to why its a bad idea, and planning for what could amount to desertion along with it perfectly defines what we don't want to do. As an 88M, your job is to support other grunts with supplies, not patrol a neighborhood. Assuming you somehow lost all your officers, and those of all nearby units, and all of said units combined NCOs, (yet you are fine?) you should probably make efforts to link up with someone, not loot a wal-mart. In the most realistic PAW scenario there will be ample warning, and you likely will not be lounging around your bivouac/suburb. You will have been called up weeks, possibly months in advance, and when TSHTF in your theatre, you will likely be behind a wheel somewhere far away from AZ. Walmart will not be an issue, and neither will forming your own crew of leaderless armed truck drivers.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

User avatar
Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3577
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Ft. Polk LA
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Citizen Simon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Army_Grunt wrote:
TheFreakinBear wrote:
Army_Grunt wrote: Ha ha with the punctuation I'm just trying to get people to stop bitching.
Those are our forum rules. Communication is easier if everyone is on point with their grammar and because we have a lot of people over seas that English is their second langauge.

I plan on knocking on doors and pulling everyone out who has weapons and can fight and if i don't get a response there getting there doors blown off the fucking hinges and im going in to secure there goods.Breaking and entering is illegal. Sounds like another point of discussion which is verboden here on our forum.

I'm not saying stealing i'm saying these people are already dead because they bugged out to wall mart and got eaten so i might as well eat there food or give it away to someone else who's alive and has none. Sounds like you plan on armed robbery to me. That illegal. Check our rules.
See bold for my response.

Since when is taking food from empty houses who's occupants are dead considered armed robbery? You guys are all about throwing things out of context and turning regular conversations into arguments.
So where was your witty response justifying the breaking and entertering?
Image
I survived Zombie Con 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

User avatar
kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 15217
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:18 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead
Location: St. Louis

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by kyle » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Douche bag is gone. Let's get back to welcoming Y.T. to the forums. :)
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

User avatar
Citizen Simon
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3577
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Ft. Polk LA
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Citizen Simon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Yay, welcome YT!! Come by first aid, learn to save lives, it's important in survival!
Image
I survived Zombie Con 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 07
I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

User avatar
Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 9341
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: PDX-ish

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Czechnology » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Well if one of them had to go, I'm glad Y.T. is the one still standing!

Officially: Welcome to ZS!
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

User avatar
TheFreakinBear
* * * * *
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:32 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.
Location: TheOmegaMan.org
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by TheFreakinBear » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:04 pm

WELCOME TO ZS Y.T.!!! Glad to have you on board!
ImageImage

Y.T.
* * * * *
Posts: 4096
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dead & Breakfast,
Night of the Comet,
Shaun of the Dead,
28 Days Later,
Resident Evil: Extinction,
Planet Terror
and a host of post-apoc/sci-fi/dystopia.
...4 words for you: deaf. amish. zombie killer.
...3 more words: machine. gun. leg.

"Idiocracy: it's not just a movie, people. It's a warning."
-- said by a quite awesome friend
(yes, it qualifies as a zombie movie)
Location: Arizona, where the plants try to kill you and the sun tries to boil you alive

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Y.T. » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:18 pm

kyle wrote:Douche bag is gone. Let's get back to welcoming Y.T. to the forums. :)
thanks, kyle. and I have to tell you that with that avatar everything you post has this stern and solid tone of authority. it works for ya. ;)
Doc Simon wrote:Yay, welcome YT!! Come by first aid, learn to save lives, it's important in survival!
thank you for the invite/reminder! I def will. I've been more reading/lurking in that section at the moment. I'm sure I'll post more actively when I have questions.
Czechnology wrote:Well if one of them had to go, I'm glad Y.T. is the one still standing! Officially: Welcome to ZS!
thanks. :) I'm small but I'm scrappy. ;)
TheFreakinBear wrote:WELCOME TO ZS Y.T.!!! Glad to have you on board!
thanks. glad to be here. I've very happy to see such a nice balance between enforcing post standards and allowing people to speak frankly.
status update: Y.T. has not been eaten by zombies. She's busy in the analog world.
JOIN THE ARIZONA CHAPTER!!
desert folks links/tips * ZS Wiki * beginner help & other links * women's PAW health
Anyone can use my Unofficial Welcome Wagon(TM) message, no need to give credit or thanks if you do. :)

User avatar
kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 15217
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:18 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead
Location: St. Louis

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by kyle » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Y.T. wrote:
kyle wrote:Douche bag is gone. Let's get back to welcoming Y.T. to the forums. :)
thanks, kyle. and I have to tell you that with that avatar everything you post has this stern and solid tone of authority. it works for ya. ;)
It's an illusion. I'm hiding behind Orson Welles' booming voice and air of authority.

Yes, we allow people to speak frankly as long as everyone keeps some sort of maturity and civility with each other. Most of us in here are adults (even though we rarely act like it) and most of us have not had to deal with High school conduct for decades so our tolerance to put up with stupid choads is lacking.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

User avatar
kir
* * * *
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by kir » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Welcome Y.T.!

This is a most impressive intro thread minus the drivel from the recently-banned. (Thank you mods for keeping the ZS forums an awesome place!)

The clarity and thought with which you've approached your preparations is a credit to you.

As for Enzo, the Deliverator and all that... I may live in Alaska but I don't kayak with plate-glass shivs thank goodness! :wink:
What is ZS and what are the ZS forums?

Doctorr Fabulous: "This is probably gonna ruffle some feathers, so I'll be blunt. Not everything on the internet is true."
crypto: "The internet is big, there's a lot of stuff to read. You gotta set priorities."
jamoni: Life is the only game going. I play to win.


User avatar
Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 18722
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:12 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Jeriah » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Greetings from a fellow (although several years delinquent) burner! Haven't been since 2004...
Y.T. wrote: Czechnology, I left the skateboard at Enzo's. bonus points for you. ;) you got a fallout shelter for that nuke magnet you live in?
Aw, shit. Didn't catch that one at first. There's a HiroPro around here, somewhere, too...
Image

User avatar
Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5356
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Western Terror Australis.

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 am

Just wanted to bump this sucker and join in welcoming Y.T to the fold. I've been away for a few+ months and have enjoyed reading her stuff while I've been catching up around here.

So, without further ado... Welcome to ZS from Western Australia, Y.T! :D
-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Image
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

User avatar
jptp0831
* * * * *
Posts: 1442
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: Phx,AZ
Contact:

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by jptp0831 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:06 am

Hey Y.T., sorry about the late response. Welcome and Hi from Phx!
ZS Fleet ZS0017 & ZS0024
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Image

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Y.T. wrote:
Czechnology wrote:Nope, I'm selling the Deliverator and getting the hell away from here this summer. Not to San Francisco though, I hear the bridge is full up. I'm aiming one state north.
smart choice. I hear Portland rocks. :)
*someone said something nice about Portland alarm goes off*

Welcome Y.T.!!
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

JibbaJabba
BANNED
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:11 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later
Location: Fort Hood, Texas

Re: another newbie from Tucson, AZ :)

Post by JibbaJabba » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

...annnd necro!

Y.T., I've already seen you around the boards a bunch, but I'm still gonna welcome you here. :mrgreen: I'm irritating like that.

Also: What're all these allusions I keep seeing? PM me if it's supposed to be some big secret, but I get the feeling I'm missing out on some pop culture awesomeness. :D
PlE or GTFO! Image
bonanacrom wrote:I found that if your 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds and answer the door naked with a big shit eating grin on your face you get to control the conversation right from the beginning.

Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”