Neophyte prepper saying hello...

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Neo_Zomby

Neophyte prepper saying hello...

Post by Neo_Zomby » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 am

Found Zombie Squad while searching to see if potted meat could withstand extreme heat/cold from storing in a BOB in trunk of car. Needless to say, I registered right away. I have found my people, or more correctly, the people who can give me the most likely, or, most correct answer(s) to the idiotic questions I will probably have.

I will of course thoroughly search and read to see if any topic I need answered to has already, or recently, been asked.

Welp, I have a lot of reading to catch up on, and maybe I'll find that potted meat answer.

Yall have a safe day. :awesome:
NEO_Z

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Neophyte prepper saying hello...

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:39 am

Welcome! I came looking for lots of questions and found a great place! That was 7 years ago.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:53 am

Neo_Zomby wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 am
if potted meat could withstand extreme heat/cold from storing in a BOB in trunk of car.
Welcome to ZS and man, that is a conundrum, isn't it? Something like Mountain House dehydrated meals seem like the best candidate, but they can get pricey. Not to mention they absolutely require a heat source to prepare. My solution is to take ordinary food items that are relatively shelf stable, and rotate them out of my car GHB each spring and fall. I do that when I perform my twice yearly oil change. The key is to use food products that you're actually willing to then eat when you retire them from your BOB/GHB.

Potted meat product. Typical ingredient: mechanically separated chicken or beef tripe. Have you ever looked up the word "tripe"?

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:53 am
Potted meat product. Typical ingredient: mechanically separated chicken or beef tripe. Have you ever looked up the word "tripe"?
Guess you're not a fan of good sausage, then? ;)

Neo_Zomby

Post by Neo_Zomby » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 am

Yes to Majorhavoc, I know what tripe is. I don't ordinarily eat it but figured for a BOB it would take up little space and provide some fat, protein and salt.

Nice to meet all of you.
NEO_Z

Return to “Introductions”