Hello from Cental Texas

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TrailsnRadio

Hello from Cental Texas

Post by TrailsnRadio » Thu May 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Hello all.

Wanted to say Hi to everyone. I have been working on getting myself ready if things go bad. Preparing for a Zombie outbreak sounds like a good way to do it.

I have just over 3 months of food laid by for my family, 2 weeks of water stored and have a way to obtain more, and have a few arms that I shoot regularly.

Adding to that I am a licensed Amateur Radio operator.

I am currently working on getting some property in a rural area.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas.

Take care.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Hello from Cental Texas

Post by MPMalloy » Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 am

Hey. Welcome to the board :D

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri May 03, 2019 9:18 am

Howdy! A few other Texans bouncing around here, though most of us seem to be either west or east, not a lot in the middle.

All bread and no sandwich, so to speak. :)

SRO1911

Post by SRO1911 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Just south of Abilene here. Welcome

TrailsnRadio

Post by TrailsnRadio » Sat May 04, 2019 12:30 am

boskone wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:18 am
Howdy! A few other Texans bouncing around here, though most of us seem to be either west or east, not a lot in the middle.

All bread and no sandwich, so to speak. :)
Glad I can represent. LOL. Thanks for the warm welcome.

TrailsnRadio

Post by TrailsnRadio » Sat May 04, 2019 12:32 am

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to hearing what projects everyone is working on.

CG

Post by CG » Sat May 04, 2019 7:42 am

*waves from west Texas*
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really

Post by Barr » Sun May 05, 2019 10:33 am

There are some of us in the Austin Area, although Chapter 30 has basically been dead for a while now.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

boskone

Post by boskone » Sun May 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Barr wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:33 am
There are some of us in the Austin Area, although Chapter 30 has basically been dead for a while now.
Maybe just roll 013, 014, 019, and 030 together, and take care of regional activities within the chapter?

Given the size of the state there are obvious physical impediments, but it might still be busier than 2 dead chapters and at least one semi-dead chapter. See if we can snag 028 from Maryland, since it's inactive and Texas was the 28th state. :D

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:26 am

Barr wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:33 am
Only mostly dead!

Welcome to the board...things may have slowed down a bit around here lately, but a solid core group of posters. And the popularity of a board like this comes in waves; though many of the boards I used to frequent have migrated to facebook groups, etc. that’s something I have no interest joining.

Regardless, welcome... As you probably know very well, Central Texas is not a bad place to be if stuff really does go sideways; separate power grid, pretty much any resource required to be a stand-alone economy, etc. There’s a reason we stayed here after I retired from the military in ‘15.

What brought you to Tejas? Mine was a couple military tours; first assignment after pilot training, and the last one before I retired after 30+ years ironically enough.

I wasn’t native born, but got here as soon as I could!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 pm

Howdy from ex-central/current-Gulf Texas. Though I'm up by Abilene right now for opening weekend of dove season. (Howdy, SRO1911.)

I'd be up for a combined Texas chapter.

Return to “Introductions”