Hello from Colorado

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DangerMonkey

Hello from Colorado

Post by DangerMonkey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi guys,

Glad to be here. I'm an entrepreneur, former engineer, and love zombie movies of all kinds- and thoroughly enjoyed reading WW-Z.

I think the reason I enjoy these isn't so much the horror component- but rather the "what would you do" survival aspect. I love thinking these thing through.

Also, the fast zombies like 28 days really freak me out, I'd rather be in a TWD world.

woodsghost

Re: Hello from Colorado

Post by woodsghost » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:55 am

You have great taste in entertainment!

We certainly like zombies here, and the "what would you do" element has inspired a lot of us here to look beyond just zombies and look at a lot of other disasters too, like tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, active shooters, earthquakes, etc. A lot of us have also tried to prepare for things like job loss, car troubles, economic downturns, etc. We really like that Boy Scout idea of "be prepared."

What about you? What WOULD you do in a zombie world? Do you apply that thought process to any other potential disasters which could happen around you?
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:31 am

DangerMonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:55 pm
Hi guys,

Glad to be here. I'm an entrepreneur, former engineer, and love zombie movies of all kinds- and thoroughly enjoyed reading WW-Z.

I think the reason I enjoy these isn't so much the horror component- but rather the "what would you do" survival aspect. I love thinking these thing through.

Also, the fast zombies like 28 days really freak me out, I'd rather be in a TWD world.
Welcome aboard! This is an excellent forum for survival knowledge.

Read the rules.

Ask questions.

Use the search function or ask for thread recommendations.

Beware of the curmudgeons who seemingly comment negatively on everything you post. We mean well. :mrgreen:

You can ask the mods for help too, just use PMs
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

RonnyRonin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland wasn't bad, but shaun started it for me.

Post by RonnyRonin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Welcome from the front range! there are are least two of us over here and one on the western slope, what part of CO do you hail from?
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

thaliadaniels

Post by thaliadaniels » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:52 am

Welcome!

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 am

Denver here.

Return to “Introductions”