Greetings from South Florida

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TacticalT

Greetings from South Florida

Post by TacticalT » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Hello everyone.

I came across this place searching for survivalist forums online. After lurking for a few months, I decided to join.

I'm a LEO that enjoys the outdoors (mostly hunting and hiking) and training (both in tactics and physical fitness). I'm also an 18x candidate with the National Guard, and currently working on training for the pipeline. My dream is to land an 18D gig.

I like how this place also discusses gear, firearms, preparing for disasters, etc.

I look forward to some solid discussion.

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Re: Greetings from South Florida

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Welcome!
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:12 pm

TacticalT wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 pm
Hello everyone.

I came across this place searching for survivalist forums online. After lurking for a few months, I decided to join.

I'm a LEO that enjoys the outdoors (mostly hunting and hiking) and training (both in tactics and physical fitness). I'm also an 18x candidate with the National Guard, and currently working on training for the pipeline. My dream is to land an 18D gig.

I like how this place also discusses gear, firearms, preparing for disasters, etc.

I look forward to some solid discussion.
Glad you joined!

Lot of good folks here to hang out with.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm

All are welcome! but..... we are not really a survivalist website. More like a preparedness website with mostly well equipped nerds and those OCD enough to try to determine the best of two nearly identical pieces of kit.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Welcome!

Yeah, we are pretty preparedness focused. You have lurked, so you know we like zombies, but we also like to prepare for hurricanes, job loss, economic disasters, fires, roadside issues...all the things.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:24 am

Welcome!
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:32 am

LEO, hunting, hiking, physical fitness, small unit tactics, military service personnel, gear, firearms, preparedness and yes: survival. And zombies. Always the zombies. Face it: we cater to quite a broad range of interests here.

Welcome to the forums, TacticalT.

Ninja edit: Fishing, foraging, travel, video games, fiction, meteorology, cooking, drinking, archery, first aid, movies, television, superheros, art, camping. God, we are such nerds ...

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:12 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:32 am
LEO, hunting, hiking, physical fitness, small unit tactics, military service personnel, gear, firearms, preparedness and yes: survival. And zombies. Always the zombies. Face it: we cater to quite a broad range of interests here.

Ninja edit: Fishing, foraging, travel, video games, fiction, meteorology, cooking, drinking, archery, first aid, movies, television, superheros, art, camping. God, we are such nerds ...
And that's ...what? Just in the last week?
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 am

majorhavoc wrote:

What? No love for us hams? :cry:

Oh, wait, nevermind... didn't see that you had me under "superheroes".

Carry on. 8-)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:38 am

Welcome. I used to work in Doral. I'm looking forward to you sharing your best hurricanes lessons learned and some of the epic fails you've seen.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

TacticalT

Post by TacticalT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 pm

majorhavoc wrote:

You're my type of people. Zombie flicks are my favorite from the horror genre and I grew up on comic books, so that's cool too!

Return to “Introductions”