Hello

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DevilDog_2512

Hello

Post by DevilDog_2512 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Nice to meet everyone.

I have become a serious fan of the apocalypse ever since watching TWD and other movies such as World War Z. My goal is too understand how a zombie virus could actually took form.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Re: Hello

Post by Asymetryczna » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:59 am

Welcome field wireman. There's tons of info available on the WWW, causes and effects, etc., if you are interested in the history of viruses, https://www.medelita.com/blog/10-of-the ... odern-day/ , or even some background reading on Are Viruses Alive?

Some think we are due; there has not been a real widespread epidemic for some time. Others argue that the viruses are here and just waiting for the right conditions or are right beside you and killing away but people tend to stick their heads in the sand and ignore it for various reasons.

The biting, walker of Hollywood is fictional obviously and no more real than the Lollipop Guild, although metaphorically it does symbolize the rapid and sometimes uncontrollable spread of an entity seemingly hateful because it may kill. Some estimate that over 35 million worldwide have died as a result of HIV/AIDS since the early 1980’s, for example; so, in terms of a viable, invisible, walking threat a real zombie virus may be as close to you as your next wild weekend if the recent Rand Report is understood correctly. Marines lead all services. Be smart. Be safe.

Stick with Mean Mother Green. Request one of her travelling holidays if you want to experience the apocalypse. At the very least you’ll be able to drive through it.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

DevilDog_2512

Post by DevilDog_2512 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Actually the Hollywood version from the TWD shows precisely how a zombie would appear in the apocalypse when a virus doesn't finally evolve to try and take over Earth.

There are many insects and fungus that are very intelligent and are considered zombie like in how they administer their chemicals to control the host to do the bidding of the insect or fungus.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Welcome!

I would not be very excited about fungus zombies in real life. Fungi freak me out.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Return to “Introductions”