Hi from FL

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

88Glock

Hi from FL

Post by 88Glock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:48 am

Hello!

I came here for the cool Zombie name but decided to stick around for the great Survival Discussion!

I live in Florida and bugged out when Irma came through. Staying alive is high on my priority list and the more you know the better off you are when things go south.

So, I'm here to learn and hopefully I can contribute as well.

fatty21

Re: Hi from FL

Post by fatty21 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 am

Welcome aboard!

When u bugged out for Irma what were u wishing u had/had more of?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:37 am

Welcome to ZombieSquad! Sounds like you've lived through what most of us prepare for. I don't live in Florida but my mother died and my Dad had taken seriously ill just before before Irma hit. My brothers and I moved heaven and earth to get him someplace safe because they were predicting the worst for the Gulf Coast. We discovered that our parents had a "hurricane kit" prepped for bugging out. Never fully appreciated how mainstream prepping had gotten until that experience.

Looking forward to your insight and contributions here at the forums.

88Glock

Post by 88Glock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 pm

fatty21 wrote:Welcome aboard!

When u bugged out for Irma what were u wishing u had/had more of?
Good question. We're near Jacksonville and we went to my sister's place in Atlanta. We left early to avoid traffic and it worked well. We were a family of 4 plus grandma and a Yellow Lab in 2 SUVs. We had pretty much everything we needed for the trip, not much I'd change about that. Back at the house though we need a generator. We stocked up on food and water, which we didn't need because we bugged out, but a generator is the one most important thing I need to get. Without power the bug-in option is less desirable. And that makes you more likely to bug out but it is in the bugging out that many more problems can happen.

We already have a 500 gal propane tank so a future generator will be propane. Once we get that we will really be cooking with gas!

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Glad to have you man! Welcome!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

88Glock

Post by 88Glock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks everyone!

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Post by Chicago Zombie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 am

Welcome! from Chicagoland :D
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

88Glock

Post by 88Glock » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Chicago Zombie wrote:Welcome! from Chicagoland :D
Thanks!

I have some friends from the Chicago area and I've twice taken a Massad Ayoob class in Kankakee Illinois.

But I have since settled in warmer Florida!

Glad to be here (ZS that is!)

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:37 pm

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with Irma!
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

Return to “Introductions”