Hello from a troubled region

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

casro

Hello from a troubled region

Post by casro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Hello,
I come from Latin America. I personally live in an outstanding place however not all Latin America is as safe as my home Town.

We drive erratically and there are crime plagued areas in some places. I travel all around the world, Latin America included, for work and I have a decent amount of border, hotel and international security experiences to share.

Traveling through bad lands also turn each one of us into ‘smart’ creatures as we call ourselves, those who know how to go by completely unharmed by crime and local danger even when it surrounds us.

Some of the grey man concept I read here is a fair description of the natural caution that we all travelers of this region instinctively develop as we grow.

The world is a dangerous place. Period. There are predators out there. No questions about it. I, maybe not humbly and for that I apologize, am under the impression that while some people who never visited places reported as ‘dangerous’ across Latin America call it shitholes, those living here are better prepared do detect and counter petty threats in a daily basis.

We find most of the international news about our region greatly exaggerated. I understand that they may not be. It is just that we get used to not get stressed about living in ‘survival’ mode making us living proof that humans adapt just fine in any environment.

I hope I can share as much as I am learning from you.
Last edited by casro on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: Hello from a troubled region

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 pm

I bet you have some great stories!! If you start a podcast, I'll listen hahaha

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!! It's nice here
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Post by Chicago Zombie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Welcome! from Chicagoland :D
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

casro

Post by casro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:22 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:I bet you have some great stories!! If you start a podcast, I'll listen hahaha

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!! It's nice here
lol someday, someday...
Last edited by casro on Fri May 25, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casro

Post by casro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Chicago Zombie wrote:Welcome! from Chicagoland :D
Thanks a lot man!

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 am

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Sun Yeti
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zomblies (no, that's not a typo)

Post by Sun Yeti » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 am

Welcome. Direct experience is the best teacher. Probably second best is second-hand experience. Since I don't intend to end up in dangerous situations just for practice, I look forward to learning from you.
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -Isaac Asimov

Return to “Introductions”