It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:30 pm 

Hi there. My name is 204; pronounced "Two-Oh-Four". It's the number I was designated in an undercover prison/laboratory by the mad scientists that kidnapped and tortured me when I was twelve years old. I escaped when I was seventeen. Over the past few years, I've noticed some "changes", (aside from the complex posttraumatic stress disorder), so I began doing some digging on the people who took me, and to my horror, I discovered that I was used as an unwitting and clueless test subject for them to work the kinks out on a recipe to create the ultimate human killing machine, subsequently relaying the results to agencies such as the CIA, NSA, and DOD, for them to auction off to the highest paying armies.

I collected all my research together and even bought a couple dozen copies of a book that verified my findings, (apparently I'm just one of thousands of experimental prototype supersoldiers running around out there), and gained entry to the capital building as a representative of the Youth Policy Summit, where I spoke to numerous members of the Legislature about what was really going on behind locked blast doors in that godforsaken desert, even showing them a list of dead children longer than my forearm. I left them all a copy of the book as well. I spent years trying to get them to take action; I'd also started attending what was being called BTKH Meetings; short for "Bring The Kids Home". Each year I'd ask the advocacy coordinator what kind of progress has been being made; have any of the other kids been rescued yet? Each time I got the same answer. "Sorry; not this year."

So in 2016, I did the same old routine, giving speeches to all the policy makers, senators and governor, but adding this time, that if I didn't see any progress on a rescue effort being mounted, then I was going to take matters into my own hands and "Bring The Kids Home" myself. Before reaching my next appointment, the advocacy coordinator had sent another representative of the YPS to track me down immediately, and inform me that the Capital Building's security personnel had been notified and I needed to leave the building before they came to arrest me. For what, you may wonder? For talking, apparently.

So, I made it out.......and I intend to keep my promise. Somebody has to do something.

These days, my time and money are not being wasted on politics anymore, and are instead going towards training and preparing myself to be able to rescue the other test subjects; hopefully I'm in time to save at least some of them from getting as fucked up as I am, or worse: killed in the name of science and medicine.

I've come a long way, but there's still a lot I have left to learn.

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Pliny the Elder

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 am 

You sound like a very creative author. Welcome to the forum!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm 

Thanks. I get that a lot.

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hoki! You're back!

Did you miss us?

Dragon Savers!
Golden Dragons!
Tropic Lightning!
Duty! Honor! Country!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:40 pm 

...This was my first post. :|

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 pm 

204 wrote:
...This was my first post. :|

We have had some people come through who are very odd ducks and probably the same person getting banned. He is an attention whore who has posed as a male, as a female, and always as an idiot.

We don't mind odd ducks here if they are good citizens. I'll let you figure out some of our more colorful forum citizens. We have a good crowd here.

....to be more clear, your first post was a bit strong, but I think you can find a fit and a home here. I wrote about citizenship in another thread, and as long as you play by the same rules we all play by, you will be welcomed.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 pm 

Ah, gotcha.

Nice to hear about having a good crowd here; I'm probably an odd duck. I've been told I have a peculiar way of looking at the world. Some people like it, some people hate it. I don't care. I don't live to appease other people lol. I believe in the virtue of selfishness; a concept which seems to confuse a lot of people because selfishness isn't commonly seen as a virtue. I just reached a point somewhere along the way that I like to call "Fuck It"; once you've reached "Fuck It", you'll never wanna go back. XD

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 pm 

Ciener .22 conversion unit and suppressor on AR :?:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:57 pm 

flybynight wrote:

No idea what you're talking about; I'm kinda retarded when it comes to guns. I prefer primitive and medieval weapons 'cause they're cooler lol. XD

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm 

Just checking 8-) There's some good topics and info in the other weapons section on this site.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:38 pm 

Coolness; thanks.

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

flybynight wrote:

Haha I have so much to catch up on over the holidays....

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:29 am 

In another thread you mentioned the virtue of self-centeredness. You did not ask my opinion, but you brought up the subject and that is kinda the same thing :)

I don't see many people who are self-centered and also happy. Genuinely happy. I see a lot of people who are self-centered and successful. They have money and stuff. But those people kill themselves and die of drug overdoses all the time. Genuinely happy people don't do that.

Look at your family. Would you say some of them are pretty self-centered? How has that worked out for then? Would you say they are happy? Would you say they are genuinely content and fulfilled? Or would you say they are still trying to fill the holes in their lives at the expense of others?

How has self-centeredness worked out for you? While it probably helps with dealing with your family, do you feel it has brought peace and joy? Are you genuinely happy?

I suspect people in Nebraska are pretty similar to people in Alaska. What I have seen is self-centered people are unhappy and they constantly try to fix the problem at the expense of others and I have never seen it work.

I'd put some thought into what it is to really, genuinely be happy, and look at the people around you who are honestly happy and at peace. I'd see what they are doing different and try doing what they do. For me, faith has healed a lot of the garbage in my life. Family has been hugely important to fixing my issues. Family also caused some of those issues, but things are being fixed because of different choices. Friends are also important.

Faith, family, and friends are what I see in the lives of other happy people too. But that is my experience. Like I said, if I were you I'd look at the lives of those you know who are really happy and at peace.

If you look closely at the lives of the unhappy people you know I'll bet you will see a lot of self-centeredness, and that is why I hesitate to call it a virtue. But your mileage may vary.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:12 am 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Woodsghost:
Very well written description of a basic truth.

Truly self centered people rarely succeed in life since the simple truth is that no one can be an expert in everything. Successful people build and maintain relationships with others.

Lone wolves are easy prey.

The surest way to be a lone wolf is to adopt the attitude of hurray for me an "F" everyone else.

If you do not believe me, read the quote from Pliny the Elder for his opinion on the matter. You can see he got the memo.

Link to ZS Hall of Fame Forum
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:38 pm 

I used the word Selfishness; not Self Centeredness. There is a difference. I suggest studying up on Ayn Rand.

In regards to happiness, I don't care about happiness; I wasn't programmed to be happy, I was programmed to survive. Happiness is just like love, anger, sadness, or guilt; they're all volatile chemical reactions that explode in your brain and cloud judgment.

In regards to faith, I have none; I believe life sucks and then you die.

In regards to family and friends, I see them as weaknesses because they could be used against me because I haven't been able to squash my love for them. Love, like any emotion, is dangerous; possibly even more dangerous than hatred, but just as useless.

So what if I'm not genuinely happy? Life is pain. People who feel any genuine happiness in this world just plain aren't thinking clearly; if they really understood how the world works, they wouldn't be so fucking happy all the time lmao; ignorance is Bliss, as the saying goes. Most people are like little children; happy, carefree, naive, innocent and sheltered from harsh realities and brutal truths. Of course they can be happy. I just can't afford that luxury.

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:09 pm 

204 wrote:
May 10th. Thank God for the rain which has helped wash away the garbage and trash off the sidewalks. I'm workin' long hours now, six in the afternoon to six in the morning. Sometimes even eight in the morning, six days a week. Sometimes seven days a week. It's a long hustle but it keeps me real busy. I can take in three, three fifty a week. Sometimes even more when I do it off the meter. All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:15 pm 

I've never been to New York, and I'm also a "fairy" and "doper" myself lol (I'm assuming that individual was using the term in the derogatory sense towards homosexuals.)

Not sure who you think I am dude, but you're wrong; I didn't say any of what you quoted. I'd appreciate it if you verified your suspicions before jumping to conclusions.

--Pliny the Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:23 pm 

Bye guys. Have fun.

--Pliny the Elder

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]