Hello from Colorado!

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ColoradoMtnMan

Hello from Colorado!

Post by ColoradoMtnMan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:57 am

Hey there,

My name is Jeffrey and I am a Paramedic and the Lead Medical Instructor @ Colorado Mountain Man Survival (www.TheSurvivalUniversity.com)

I, with my business partner Jason, run Colorado Mountain Man Survival on our 1,000+ acre piece of land in the Rocky Mountains, just outside of Cripple Creek Co.

I've been a paramedic for three years now and a wilderness EMT-B before that for about a decade. I've done SAR for a few years and I've worked as a EMT-B and Paramedic in busy (very... VERY busy) urban areas and in the mountains. Currently I work as an expanded scope Paramedic in a busy ER in a beautiful ski town. I've worked as a river and a back country guide in and near some large National Parks in the Rocky Mountain states.

I enjoy doing anything outdoors! I rock climb some, both trad and sport, and enjoy long distance treks. My next trek will likely be the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal next November if all goes according to plan. I've been into wilderness survival for over 20 years and have taken some great classes with some of the Best! Now I'm honored to be teaching these skills to the next generation. I teach basic and advanced navigation, modern survival skills and most importantly, wilderness medicine! Our Wilderness Medicine classes are accredited through the Wilderness Medical Society and our two primary courses, Wilderness First Aid (20hours) and Wilderness First Responder (70 hours) are written by and the certificates are issued from the University of Utah School of Medicine.

Been a zombie aficionado for as long as there was such a thing! I'm particularly into the Romero style shambler zombies and all of their spin offs!

Looking forward to taking an active part around here, teaching what I know and learning what I can!
Paramedic and Lead Medical Instructor @ Colorado Mountain Man Survival, LLC
Modern Survival - Bushcraft - Wilderness Medicine

7-Day Wilderness First Responder(WFR)
2-Day Wilderness First Aid(WFA)

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Hello from Colorado!

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Welcome!

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Welcome to ZS. I see you've already made substantive contributions to a number of medical threads. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

shelleyWanlert

Post by shelleyWanlert » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 am

:awesome: Welcome! I am also new here, nice to see you here.

ColoradoMtnMan

Post by ColoradoMtnMan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:56 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Paramedic and Lead Medical Instructor @ Colorado Mountain Man Survival, LLC
Modern Survival - Bushcraft - Wilderness Medicine

7-Day Wilderness First Responder(WFR)
2-Day Wilderness First Aid(WFA)

Return to “Introductions”