It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zfan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:52 pm 

Hi All,

I have been a hardcore Zombie fan since my teens. I don't think there was a weekend in 1986 where my friends and I did not have a Romero film on. I really enjoy TWD. Got to go to the first Halloween Horror nights featuring TWD a few years ago and it was an awesome experience. The barn walk was crazy. They had a shift change and I literally baby stepped out of the barn because there were so many Z's inside. FTWD is growing on me. I would have liked to see more of a breakdown in the beginning. But I am sorry to say have more than a duplicitous reason for joining the forum. :evil: I did a search and I didn't see it announced so I wanted to let you guys know that there is a Kickstarter called Zombie Labs. I don't work for them. I am an all in backer. The more backers the more zombies are designed. Its as simple as that. So if your into Z's you might be interested. So if you get a chance google Zombie Lab Kickstarter and check them out.

Zfan

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
 Post subject: Re: Zfan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:18 pm 

Well hello there. I"m sure some people will check out the kickstarter.

So do you take your interest to other levels? Maybe have a stash in case the dead arise. That sort of thing? A bunch of us are zombie fans, but we also like to be prepared for things like natural disasters, global wars, regional wars, economic disasters, and as my wife says, the occasional fashion disasters and trying to keep the level of crazy on the internet to a minimum.

I just want to add, looking over the kickstarter, I like the idea of action figures. I would add, while I"m not one for political correctness, you may still want add a little .... diversity .... to your lineup. Just a thought :)

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:33 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Does this belong here?

They are neat toys. If it is, as their message says, their dream to create more and better toys based on my contributions, isn't this just business? Wasn't Kickstarter begun to support ideas no one had thought of before, or in support of the truly in need?

nOt BuStIn on the effort,
or product;
no longer collect toys;
Would watch this on Sharktank.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:28 pm 

I love everything about the Zombie genre. Books, movies, and the toys. I also have general disaster preps. I think it foolish not to be prepared for emergencies. In a Z situation my plan would depend on the outbreak. If its the slow moving shuffling type Z, I think the use of a prison in a warm climate was a very good idea. The open areas can be used for farming. Multiple levels of security (dual fences). I think it was mentioned in the Max Brooks book before TWD did it. But, I dont remember. If the Z is like your Rage virus type then taking to the sea or the mountains would seem the safest alternative.

Didn't mean to sound like a spammer with the mention of the Zombie Lab Kickstarter. I just hope the group doing it succeeds so they can create more. They even went as far as creating a backstory line for the figures. The outbreak happens in a lab in Tokyo. The creators promised to add more diversity to the lineup as the story unfolds.

BTW, the forum topics here are amazing. I have a lot of catch up reading to do. The Zombie Squad is officially on my Favorite Bar!

Zfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 pm 

Zfan wrote:
I love everything about the Zombie genre. Books, movies, and the toys. I also have general disaster preps. I think it foolish not to be prepared for emergencies. In a Z situation my plan would depend on the outbreak. If its the slow moving shuffling type Z, I think the use of a prison in a warm climate was a very good idea. The open areas can be used for farming. Multiple levels of security (dual fences). I think it was mentioned in the Max Brooks book before TWD did it. But, I dont remember. If the Z is like your Rage virus type then taking to the sea or the mountains would seem the safest alternative.

Didn't mean to sound like a spammer with the mention of the Zombie Lab Kickstarter. I just hope the group doing it succeeds so they can create more. They even went as far as creating a backstory line for the figures. The outbreak happens in a lab in Tokyo. The creators promised to add more diversity to the lineup as the story unfolds.

BTW, the forum topics here are amazing. I have a lot of catch up reading to do. The Zombie Squad is officially on my Favorite Bar!

Zfan

So what I"m hearing is this is not your kickstarter, you are simply a fan of some cool swag. Cool!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:48 pm 

woodsghost wrote:
Zfan wrote:

Zfan

So what I"m hearing is this is not your kickstarter, you are simply a fan of some cool swag. Cool!

Yea, its not mine. I wish I had that talent. I read on the website that the creators are headed to the New Jersey Comic Con to sell the concept.