Hello from the Sunshine State.

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

The Young Gun
Favorite Zombie Movies: The one with ZOMBIES!

Hello from the Sunshine State.

Post by The Young Gun » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am

Hello everybody! I'm down in Mulberry, Florida about thirty minutes from Tampa, Florida. I found this site while I was just looking around for some sights for my H&R Pardner. I'm not totally "prepped" like some of you but I will get there eventually :) .

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Re: Hello from the Sunshine State.

Post by maldon007 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am

Welcome from a fellow Floridite! Im just a few miles west of you in the Valrico/Brandon area.

There is a great shotgun thread in the firearms section that delves into the best uses and setups of the weapon for defense... I will try to find it.

edit: great thread for the shotgunner- viewtopic.php?f=109&t=75701

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 am

Welcome from Pinellas county! I'm sure you'll find more than enough information for your shotgun, and probably anything else you could need, and please contribute your knowledge and skills in return.

buck85
Favorite Zombie Movies: Apocalypse Now

Post by buck85 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello!!!
If you know who you are, you can, then know other people.

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

The Young Gun
Favorite Zombie Movies: The one with ZOMBIES!

Post by The Young Gun » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Thank you all. I indeed read that article actually last night. I got the H&R Pardner because it is a clone of the Remington 870 and parts like the forend and stock interchange. I shoot mostly 00 Buck and Rifled Slugs out of it. To me, however, it seems equal if not better to my friends Remington 870. I have plans to start my EDC and BOB but funds are short since I started working and paying for my own stuff.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:35 pm

As someone who has a rather limited budget I can tell you that you can do it. Take it one step at a time and the pieces will come together.

Darkhunter

Post by Darkhunter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Welcome to the board. I'm from the Clermont area in Central Florida, closer to Davenport. Hope you enjoy this site.

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:50 pm

The Young Gun wrote:Thank you all. I indeed read that article actually last night. I got the H&R Pardner because it is a clone of the Remington 870 and parts like the forend and stock interchange. I shoot mostly 00 Buck and Rifled Slugs out of it. To me, however, it seems equal if not better to my friends Remington 870. I have plans to start my EDC and BOB but funds are short since I started working and paying for my own stuff.
With limited funds its even more important to research and plan. Figure out what has worked for others in a similar situation, identify the realistic issues you may be prepping for and slowly work towards it. So read up! :D

DementedDigital

Post by DementedDigital » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi from Sarasota!

Return to “Introductions”