Hello from Oakland

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

combustible_Cole

Hello from Oakland

Post by combustible_Cole » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm an Eastern PA transplant living in Oakland CA for about 5 years now... started looking into survival stuff because this winter's drought has me seriously worried. Found this place when looking for advice about prepping, and was pretty excited that there's a community like this. I grew up in the woods, but ran away from all that to the nearest city (Philadelphia) when I turned 18. Anyway...

For hobbies, I've turned to a lot of the stuff I used to do as a kid- hiking, archery (just beginning again though, advice welcome) and cooking. For a time I was raising chickens and had my own veggie garden, but with the cost of living out here I had to move out of that house a few years ago. I tend to be a lurker on forums like this, but I'm gonna do my darnedest to participate this time.

-Cole

LastBoyScout
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: South Sacramento at night when view from a patrol car.

Re: Hello from Oakland

Post by LastBoyScout » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:22 am

Welcome from Sacramento.

LastBoyScout
LastBoyscout

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

Helen Keller

An unloaded gun is a pourly balanced club.

Lynn C. Thompson to me over dinner.

Return to “Introductions”