New from California

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Norcalbowhunter

New from California

Post by Norcalbowhunter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello everyone I am Norcalbowhunter. I am a 26 year old guy who has been into prepping and survival for a LONG time now. I actually started way back stalking on these forums and got many ideas from you lovely guys and gals. Built my first BoB, made my own FAK and got into the who prepping and survival spirit. Currently I am stuck in California, beautiful place but BLAH on politics and gun control. My fiancee (who supports me in my prepping) and I have plans to eventually move to Alaska when the time comes and settle in, hopefully working our way towards starting a small homestead.

Since my childhood I have spent many years in the woods around where I live, hunting, fishing and camping. I have spent even more time in them since becoming a survivalist. I have had my fair share of nights making fires caveman style,zsleeping in A-frame shelters made from local trees, forging and hunting my own foods and so on. I've have taken up the hobby of reloading, forging my own bullets and have even made some of my guns using a mill. I also fletch my own arrows, have made my own bows and made some fishing poles, lures and have learned how to tie flies for fly fishing.

I don't consider myself an expert and I am far from conquering mother nature. To think so is foolish and will quickly lead you to death. I do however hope that I can contribute back to this community and help bring some new ideas and knowledge to the forums while still learning things and expanding my knowledge on survival.

I am a Zombie prepper. Not that I feel such an event will happen tomorrow, though I do think it is a possibility, even if it is 1% that's still a chance. No I instead see it as prepping for the worse case scenario. Also my idea of a zombie isn't those that have came back from the dead, but are instead infected humans who spreads a virus via a bite. So I guess the correct term would actually be The Infected ;) I honestly can't see anything as horrible as having to survive a zombie apocalypse. Being hunted by mindless infected humans, having to avoid the disease and devastation, having to kill other humans be it the infected ones or bandits. Being forced to find untainted food, untainted water and a livable location. Including the likely hood that our governments would turn to using nuclear bombs to try and wipe the infected humans out before it got worse leaving survivors to deal with the aftermath and radiation. Topped off with the possibility of civil wars, countries delcearing war (I fully believe North Korea would take advantage of such a situation to attack other countries) and all the rioting and looting by the populace.

I know there are many other events that could be just as bad as this, but to me this is the worst of the worst. So I think that being prepared for the worse will make you prepared for anything. So while I call myself a Zombie Prepper, I see it as a blanket term as someone who is preparing to survive the worse.

Anyways that is a short story about me. I hope I didn't go on to long rambling about things. Prepare and be safe!
Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked
- Psalm 82:4

missiongoalie

Re: New from California

Post by missiongoalie » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:10 pm

tl;dr You're ready for some shit then. Welcome!

LastBoyScout
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: South Sacramento at night when view from a patrol car.

Post by LastBoyScout » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Welcome from Northern CA. What part are you in?

Sacramento area here.

LastBoyScout
LastBoyscout

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

Helen Keller

An unloaded gun is a pourly balanced club.

Lynn C. Thompson to me over dinner.

Norcalbowhunter

Post by Norcalbowhunter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Lastboyscout, do you do YouTube or anything? The name sounds very familiar.

Anyways, I am up in Butte County near Chico and Redding.
Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked
- Psalm 82:4

Return to “Introductions”