Hello from WV

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Magnum
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, day of the dead, night of the living dead

Hello from WV

Post by Magnum » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:04 pm

Hello everyone! I was an active member many years ago and life took over and I faded away. I guess it’s been about 10 years or so. Are there any active groups still around the WV, PA, VA, or MD area?

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Hello from WV

Post by woodsghost » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Welcome back! I believe there are facebook groups with more regionally focused groups. We have people active here in the listed areas, so hopefully any who is interested in connecting speaks up!
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 pm

There's a few of us here in VA but it's been about 6-7 years since our last official meeting. We don't even have an official chapter anymore. Some of us have been known, in non-Covid times, to meet up for a meal, coffee, or time at a range, but that's usually one-to-one, maybe a spouse brought along. Feel free to hit me up if you want to meet up for coffee about halfway between us though, or if you're traveling through my area around Fredericksburg. I sometimes get out to The Cove in Gore for a range day but I need to bring a friend for that as it wears me out.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am

Hey welcome!

When I lived in PA, there weren't any active groups. As far as I know, the Pittsburgh people haven't had an event in many years
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:19 am

I've been wistfully eyeing property near Spencer. A real good friend just bought a house there and when COVID eases up I'm heading out there to check it out with her. We're currently on the opposite side of the continent though. :cry:
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

wolf_from_wv

Post by wolf_from_wv » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:30 am

Hello from the junction of RT 50 and I79.
Strength Of My Life, whom shall I dread?
When them evildoers approach to devour my flesh.
Even if there would be an army against me,
My heart would not fear.
-P.O.D.

Magnum
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, day of the dead, night of the living dead

Post by Magnum » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:22 pm

Just about the right weather for camping

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm

Magnum wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:22 pm
Just about the right weather for camping
Oh? Are you planning to get out soon? It has been really good weather here, but my family has been packing up to move, so no real camping yet. We have had a few "camping trips" where we take the girls (1 yr & 3 yrs) out to cook hotdogs and marshmallows at the local camp ground. And look for interesting sticks and throw things in the creeks. It's been good.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Magnum

Post by Magnum » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:03 am

No plans yet but wish I could go. Work has been way busy this year so haven’t had the free time. Would love to get my boys out, they want to go camping so bad. 4,5,8 and 9

Return to “Introductions”