It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:08 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Thought Id share .This is a restored Polish KBK GN 60 . Resurected from a PLO kit . Oddly enough the kit had no serial numbers , completly scrubbed ,even the receiver stub was blank of markings . But its complete . I was told on one site that it was probably from Polish Aid to Seria during the cold war before the Israelis nabbed it on its way to the PLO . Dont know the truth in that ,but makes a hell of a good gunshow story ...LOL . The receiver is a USA made copy .

Special tapired muzzle and special muzzlenut to prevent damage ,wont work on any other rifle . Special detent for locking on sight and launcher

Pic of gas valve knob to stop the gas from cycling the action so all the gas goes behind launching the grenade .

Front grenade sight mounted with launcher spiggot . Special 10 round blank only magazine , Polish field manual , spiggot wrench . I comes in a grenade canvas pack .I dont have in the picture that holds 4 grenades .

Thick cushioned rubber butpad so its all comfy when it recoils very harshly .

Grenade carrying pouch ,holds manual ,tools ,launch equipment .and grenades .

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 am 

That is really cool. Find anything you can launch with the launcher yet?

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 am 

I approve!

Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:21 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Kommander wrote:

Israeli Nato practice grenades . Can get them off E Bay from time to time .Recoil is very harsh .

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 pm 

Vladimir wrote:
Kommander wrote:

Israeli Nato practice grenades . Can get them off E Bay from time to time

Israeli grenades should be Nato standard 22mm. is the Polish grenade launcher NATO spec or Warsaw spec?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:33 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Who made the receiver? Is it one of TFL ones from a couple years back?

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Civilian Scout wrote:
No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

DavePAL84 wrote:

its a custom Firing line receiver .The guy at firing line had a few prototypes and I was lucky enough to get one . He deleted the sling slot cut out on the receiver since the KBK didnt have one , Placed the eagle insignia they use under the triggerguard , Engraved it with polish selector markings . slight alteration to the feed ramp so it feeds blanks reliably .

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:18 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Vladimir wrote:
DavePAL84 wrote:

its a custom Firing line receiver .The guy at firing line had a few prototypes and I was lucky enough to get one . He deleted the sling slot cut out on the receiver since the KBK didnt have one , Placed the eagle insignia they use under the triggerguard , Engraved it with polish selector markings . slight alteration to the feed ramp so it feeds blanks reliably .

I meant, "The Firing Line" when I said, "TFL" :wink:

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Civilian Scout wrote:
No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:05 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

DavePAL84 wrote:
Vladimir wrote:
DavePAL84 wrote:

I meant, "The Firing Line" when I said, "TFL" :wink:

Its of the newer generation receiver ,I think they are in production now .I was able to get this one before anyone else had them. They said they were out of stock ,but I PMed the owner and since it was an odd rifle he was very helpful . .I have had it almost 2 years or more

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:15 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hoppy wrote:
Vladimir wrote:
Kommander wrote:

Israeli Nato practice grenades . Can get them off E Bay from time to time

Israeli grenades should be Nato standard 22mm. is the Polish grenade launcher NATO spec or Warsaw spec?

22mm , But so is the Yugoslavian grenade spigot . So I an guessing it wasnt uncommon to use 22 mm in countrys that could manufacture their own arms without Soviet aid .