Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:24 pm 

I am curiuos what are your guy's opiouns on the outcome of Armies battling the undead in a full blown attack. Would they stand a chance, will they adapt to this new threat or will ignorant Generals not look at the facts or will we as a race stand up and fight army or not.

WHAT do You think

Last edited by TACTICOOL_AL on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:31 pm 

How old are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:41 pm 

Im sorry about the mispellings and I guess I got a little carried away but it is still a legit question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:41 pm 
Probation

The question may be legitimate, but it has been asked over and over since this forum was first created year ago. Seriously, I know you must have read WWZ or seen afew zombie movies, but please spare us all and preserve your own credibility on this forum by using the damn search function.

Seriously, we've talked about this before at great length. It's all there to be read if you just use the search function.

Also, proof read what you post here. Actual people read what you write, and most dont even bother to respond to any of the incoherent crap most new posters put up other than to either A) Make fun of them or B) Point out how they could write better posts.

Here are a few tips just to get you started:
1) Making sure sentances have complete thoughts
2) Paragraphs
3) Check for spelling errors, DO NOT use 1337 speak.
4) If you think you have a new topic to bring up, and you've been on this forum of less than 6 months, you dont.
5) If you are ever looking to post some new idea that hasn't been discussed before (assuming you checked) and you just want people to agree with you, you will be dissapointed.
6) Putting the topic of the thread into all caps does not make your thread more important, it just pisses people off.

Here is a list of things that you should not think are cool to either do or fight zombies with on this forum (or ever for that matter):
1) Katanas (Just dont...)
2) Ninjas
3) Going to walmart of anywhere like it during a disaster to get supplies
4) Looting/scavenging/raiding during/after a major disaster.
5) Thinking you will be the most badass mofo in the zombie post apocalyptic world because you have a katana (Bought at mall for 30 dollars; handle wrapped in telephone cord) magnetically attached to the outside of your black bug out trenchcoat, which is filled with knives and shurikens (bought at mall for 5 dollars of less!), and you've talked a lot about this sort of thing on the internet with all your katana loving mall ninja friends on some halo forum.

Type in "bug out coat" into the search function if you want to know more. No, I will not link to it.

CHAPTER 8 HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!!!!

Please send me comment/suggestions/reviews through PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:44 pm 

The whole challenge of hitting a zombies brain is kinda taken out of context when you have a tank, so I think we'll be alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:51 pm 
Probation

Quote:
The whole challenge of hitting a zombies brain is kinda taken out of context when you have a tank, so I think we'll be alright.

Umm...no.

The usage of a talk is kinda taken out of context when you have zombies crawling all over it like ants. They dont fear getting shot, and a tank really only has 2-3 projectile firing devices. The main gun, small cannon, and .50 call mounted on top are a tanks primary means of attack.

Tanks are a terrible idea from a materials used VS kills ratio standpoint, especially when we are talking about the living dead, who require headshots to kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:09 pm 

I am new and honestly I did not think of searching it, my bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:28 pm 
Probation

Quote:
I am new and honestly I did not think of searching it, my bad

Wow...apologizing...You might have some potential. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:54 pm 

Gregoriev wrote:
Quote:

Umm...no.

The usage of a talk is kinda taken out of context when you have zombies crawling all over it like ants. They dont fear getting shot, and a tank really only has 2-3 projectile firing devices. The main gun, small cannon, and .50 call mounted on top are a tanks primary means of attack.

Tanks are a terrible idea from a materials used VS kills ratio standpoint, especially when we are talking about the living dead, who require headshots to kill.

Lets see, 75ish tons travelling at 20mph (in 1st gear for the extra torque) could easily plow the road, plus not to mention is quite difficult to "climb on a tank"

And the front of the tank is quite pointed and the angle is down so much if it caught a standing zed it would literally bulldoze it DOWN under the tank..SMOOOSH!

A person or a large croud of people isnt really much of a deterrent to an Abrams!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:54 pm 

Gee thanks with a sarcastic smile :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:56 pm 

Hey AL..I just read your profile..HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Quote:
being a Ninja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:58 pm 

17 why do I come off as immature : ), I put that there jokingly because if I was really a ninja you would already be dead !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:29 pm 

TACTICOOL_AL wrote:
17 why do I come off as immature : ), I put that there jokingly because if I was really a ninja you would already be dead !

Ninja this

{Banned}

You signed a waiver that said you were 18. Come back and see us in a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm 

Gunny wrote:
TACTICOOL_AL wrote:

Ninja this

{Banned}

You signed a waiver that said you were 18. Come back and see us in a year.

DANG!!!! Gunny on DA BAN HAMMAH!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:02 pm 

Main point I was making in reference to the tank is that if anywhere in this world there lies the ability for pure, total overkill, it lies in the soldiers and equipment of our armed forces.

Post subject: Tanks VS Zeds
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:42 pm 

Don't forget the 120mm shotgun shell they now have for the main gun. If anything will reduce a street full of zeds to easily avoided chum, it is a 120mm smooth bore cannon firing a shell full of tungsten carbide 0000 buckshot.

Post subject: Re: Tanks VS Zeds
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:51 pm 

Benbrutal wrote:
Don't forget the 120mm shotgun shell they now have for the main gun. If anything will reduce a street full of zeds to easily avoided chum, it is a 120mm smooth bore cannon firing a shell full of tungsten carbide 0000 buckshot.

My point exactly. I so often find myself looking at a shotgun saying "Its nice...but do you have anything with double-digit tonnage? And it'll need to fire rounds the size of my head."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:22 pm 

I would rather have an M1 abrams in a zombie situation than anything else, except for maybe an Apache Longbow, the new thermobaric shell, the zeds who are within 50 meters of that bad boy, there heads are going to explode, 50 cal guns ontop, the zeds cant crawl ontop of a tank,and I dont think that they are going to learn how to make thermite grenades

When the fuck did this happen? Why aren't we tooling around in a 67 Boat Tail Riviera and solving crimes much to the may of the local police captain who hates us but has to admit we're a hell of a detective team?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:44 pm 

BIGIRISH1000 wrote:
I would rather have an M1 abrams in a zombie situation than anything else, except for maybe an Apache Longbow, the new thermobaric shell, the zeds who are within 50 meters of that bad boy, there heads are going to explode, 50 cal guns ontop, the zeds cant crawl ontop of a tank,and I dont think that they are going to learn how to make thermite grenades

You aren't going to be flying for too long with a helicopter in the PAW. The 50 cal on the entire M1 series (minus the TUSK upgrade) has to be operated manually (sticking out of the turret). Care to explain how they can't get on top of the tank? If the tank crew can get on top (thats how they get inside) why can't a swarm of zombies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

ShakesFIST wrote:
BIGIRISH1000 wrote:

You aren't going to be flying for too long with a helicopter in the PAW. The 50 cal on the entire M1 series (minus the TUSK upgrade) has to be operated manually (sticking out of the turret). Care to explain how they can't get on top of the tank? If the tank crew can get on top (thats how they get inside) why can't a swarm of zombies?

I don't think shamblers would have an easy time getting on top of the tank. The crowd would have been pretty damn thick before they could. I think that if the tank was moving at all it would be pretty hard to get on, even for a 'living' person.

For that matter, if there was a swarm of zombies so thick that they were able to get on top, then you probably wouldnt need the gunner, as the tracks would be doing enough on their own.

I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'm also a bit curious about this.

An Abrams (or any other type of tank) isn't exactly an easy thing to jump onto, especially whilst its moving. Sure, the tank crew can climb up onto it, no worries. But it isn't moving at about 40k's an hour or so when they are trying to get into it. Hull down, with all hatches closed, I doubt there would be enough zombies on the tank to wrench open the hatches. I don't reckon enough hands could be fitted around the hatch to do that.

Additionally - tanks frequently work in tandem or more. I remember reading reports of tanks 'wiping' Viet Cong off tanks in Vietnam using small arms fire. Not much of a chance of hurting the tank. Though probably not much of a chance of getting a head shot either.

That aside for a second, though. Why would zombies decide to crawl all over the tank? Let's assume that the tank has buttoned down. No humans are visible to it. It rumbles up to the first line of undead, squishing them quite flat. It reverses. Then squishes again. And again. And again. The zombies, being zombies, don't see the fleshlings inside, so mill about aimlessly.

Upon returning to base, each vehicle is given a thorough going over by infantry armed for the task, before refuelling and going out again.

Doesn't even have to be a tank - a bulldozer up armoured appropriately or better yet, a steam roller would work pretty well, I'd have thought.

Sure, that wouldn't answer the problem of getting all the zombies out from underneath the sewers/the closet etc, but if (and its a pretty big if) there is enough time to mobilise the armoured vehicles, I'd estimate that you could keep them from coming at you in numbers for a while.

Failing that - not a bad bug out vehicle, at least until you hit shitty roads and bog the thing.

Bureaucracy destroys initiative. There is little that bureaucrats hate more than innovation, especially innovation that produces better results than the old routines. Improvements always make those at the top of the heap look inept. Who enjoys appearing inept? ~A Guide to Trial and Error in Government, Bene Gesserit Archive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:51 am 

CommonHighrise wrote:
Benbrutal wrote:

My point exactly. I so often find myself looking at a shotgun saying "Its nice...but do you have anything with double-digit tonnage? And it'll need to fire rounds the size of my head."

Actually its just a sinle sabot depleted uranium (during wartime) round (approx 1" in diameter, 18inches long)..its a ultra fast (1mile per second) solid dart, wouldnt do jack to a croud, maybe slice a nice 1 person wide path but thats it

TheGunslinger wrote:
I'm also a bit curious about this.

An Abrams (or any other type of tank) isn't exactly an easy thing to jump onto, especially whilst its moving. Sure, the tank crew can climb up onto it, no worries. But it isn't moving at about 40k's an hour or so when they are trying to get into it. Hull down, with all hatches closed, I doubt there would be enough zombies on the tank to wrench open the hatches. I don't reckon enough hands could be fitted around the hatch to do that.

Additionally - tanks frequently work in tandem or more. I remember reading reports of tanks 'wiping' Viet Cong off tanks in Vietnam using small arms fire. Not much of a chance of hurting the tank. Though probably not much of a chance of getting a head shot either.

That aside for a second, though. Why would zombies decide to crawl all over the tank? Let's assume that the tank has buttoned down. No humans are visible to it. It rumbles up to the first line of undead, squishing them quite flat. It reverses. Then squishes again. And again. And again. The zombies, being zombies, don't see the fleshlings inside, so mill about aimlessly.

Upon returning to base, each vehicle is given a thorough going over by infantry armed for the task, before refuelling and going out again.

Doesn't even have to be a tank - a bulldozer up armoured appropriately or better yet, a steam roller would work pretty well, I'd have thought.

Sure, that wouldn't answer the problem of getting all the zombies out from underneath the sewers/the closet etc, but if (and its a pretty big if) there is enough time to mobilise the armoured vehicles, I'd estimate that you could keep them from coming at you in numbers for a while.

Failing that - not a bad bug out vehicle, at least until you hit shitty roads and bog the thing.

You dont just jump/easily climb on a tank..its an act of grabbing handholds, putting your feet here or there, and hauling your butt up, no simple task even for a physically fit sentient marine, a zed wont have a chance to just jump up

tanks work in tandem when 2/3 of your crew/force aint trying to eat your face :)

Only problem with a tank is 1 hr of operation requires 10 man hours of repair (just to keep it operational, even more to repair/restore broken components)

A tank can go in places that a wheeled vehicle cant, I have seen tank trails thru mud that sank a hummer, the tank just slithers across it and churns it to baby crap mud with those huge treads, its hard to stop a tank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

AwPhuch wrote:
Actually its just a sinle sabot depleted uranium (during wartime) round (approx 1" in diameter, 18inches long)..its a ultra fast (1mile per second) solid dart, wouldnt do jack to a croud, maybe slice a nice 1 person wide path but thats it

APFSDS rounds are not the only ammo on a tank.

There's HEAT

and yes there's generally some canister shot.

Tanks dont load out APFSDS unless they plan on fucking up other heavy armor. The current HEAT ordnance and HE Frag ammo is more than enough for fucking up IFV's and soft targets.

Want to know more?

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:33 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

crypto wrote:

[Starship troopers narrorator voice] Would you like to know more? [/voice]

I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

AK-9-Pie