Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I do hope this ends well. It goes without saying, but please don't do this, ever:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/11/search-continues-for-naked-woman-on-spiritual-quest-in-washington-state-forest/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Spiritual quest? Take a guide, then you'll know where you're going.

Mersh. Or at least more than a fanny pack, compass and a knife. Maybe a map of where you're going? I don't get this stuff. Nature doesn't care how in tune you want to be with it, it will still kill you. :(

Pleasure Island is a metaphor for the “profane life” characterized by ignorance, the search for instant gratification and the satisfaction of the one’s lowest impulses ~ The Esoteric Interpretation of Pinocchio
GIVE US STUFF! GIVE US STUFF! GIVE US STUFF!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Man, that really pinches. I'm thinking when her body is found that she will have some kind of psychedelic in her system. Something that helped her make a bad decision.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Sad to think of the possibilities of what may have happen to her, a pretty young lady naked alone in the woods. sounds like the making of a horror film to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

alpha_texas1969 wrote:
Sad to think of the possibilities of what may have happen to her, a pretty young lady naked alone in the woods. sounds like the making of a horror film to me.

Sad to think of the SAR money eaten up by searches for Darwin Award winners like this, and the needless regulation of, and restrictions placed on, backcountry use for the non-muttonheads among the human population.

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:48 pm 

Jamie wrote:

alpha_texas1969 wrote:

Sad to think of the SAR money eaten up by searches for Darwin Award winners like this, and the needless regulation of, and restrictions placed on, backcountry use for the non-muttonheads among the human population.

Jamie

+1000 Internets!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 pm 

"Ward said Kelly's track stopped on the paved road, so search crews spent much of the day trying to find where she may have left the pavement and entered the woods.

It is unknown whether she may be on a road or trail in the area or if she is moving cross country. "

I hope she didn't fall victim to someone who offered her a ride back to her camp.... She may be as dumb as a box of rocks, but she is still someone's daughter/friend/etc. I hope they find her soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:32 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

TacAir wrote:
I hope she didn't fall victim to someone who offered her a ride back to her camp.... She may be as dumb as a box of rocks, but she is still someone's daughter/friend/etc. I hope they find her soon.

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Here's hoping she emerges from the forest alive and well and wrapped in a fresh bearskin cloak she made from fresh bear, with a mountain lion hat added for style.

My deviantART photo gallery.

My zombie novel: High Ground: House of Adair

I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

dogbane wrote:
Here's hoping she emerges from the forest alive and well and wrapped in a fresh bearskin cloak she made from fresh bear, with a mountain lion hat added for style.

That would be epic, but the odds are not good. Last seen Sunday.

Quote:
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:54 pm 

Hard for me to think anything other than 'she's out of the gene pool'.

Bad shit happens to good people who are prepared, smart, and deserving of respect. When someone purposely puts themselves in mortal danger for no valid reason, I spare little concern for them. I have a well developed sense of empathy, but running off naked into the woods alone sort of short circuits it.

I do feel for her family though, it's too bad she didn't turn out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 pm 

Today -
" The search had to be called off Monday night at 8 p.m. due to hazardous conditions, but resumed this morning, Cox said.

Cox said the weather has interfered with the search. A thick cloud covering is preventing helicopters from scanning the Canyon Creek area for signs of Kelly, limiting rescue crews to search on land only.

Temperatures also have dropped since Kelly's disappearance, Cox said. While the temperature was in the mid-70s on Sunday, it has since fallen more than 20 degrees.

"The weather [Monday] night was in the mid to upper 40s," he said "The cloud cover did move in, and so we're concerned that we might start getting some precipitation."

Cox said that weather conditions would play into Kelly's "survivability factor."

"As this progresses, we get a little more concerned," he said. "Especially because she doesn't have any clothing, hypothermia can set in a lot quicker." "

and

This is also near where Marie Hanson died at a Rainbow Family Gathering in July of 2011: http://mydeathspace.com/article/2011...nbow_Gathering

Another woman who went mushroom hunting went missing in this same area in December of last year as well.

The area is south of Mt Saint Helens.

In looking for news updates, I found a lot of reports and most iof the comments were...unsympathetic.

I'll keep this one on my tracking list for a couple more days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:09 am 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

I am just going to copy and paste my sig line and hope all ends well.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 am 

UPDATE -

Maureen Kelly, of Vancouver, Wash., loves the outdoors and has her own way of doing things, but relatives and close friends are puzzled about why she would head out on an evening hike alone in the forest — wearing nothing but a fanny pack.

Chilling rain showers Tuesday heightened the concern for Kelly, who has been missing since Sunday evening in a steep and wooded part of Southwest Washington’s Gifford Pinchot National Forest.

Officials say the 19-year-old, who calls herself “Anu,” told acquaintances she was camping with that she was going on a “spiritual quest” at 5 p.m. Sunday but didn’t return at midnight as promised.

Skamania County Sheriff Dave Brown announced late Tuesday that two days of scouring the area with dog teams and 4x4 vehicles hadn’t located Kelly or anything “related to this search-and-rescue mission.”

A Sheriff’s Office spokesman said deputies have suspended the search until the end of the week pending further investigation.

He said he could not elaborate

Now what?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

TacAir wrote:
UPDATE -

A Sheriff’s Office spokesman said deputies have suspended the search until the end of the week pending further investigation.

He said he could not elaborate

Now what?

Cadaver dogs and watching for crows...

I feel badly for the family for their loss, but continue to have little patience or pity for those who intentionally venture into potentially dangerous environments underprepared. The search and rescue dollars spent to rescue them (or find their remains) are wasted on these selfish and foolish people, leading to increased regulation and fees for backcountry use for the rest of us.

J

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:12 pm 

Like my pard, Han Solo said; "I got a bad feeling about this"

cd...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:24 pm 

UPDATE

STEVENSON, Wash. (AP) - Although a search was suspended Tuesday for a Vancouver woman who set out naked in a forest Sunday on a spiritual quest, the Skamania County sheriff's office says the search could resume this weekend.

Undersheriff Dave Cox says deputies are still driving roads in the Canyon Creek area of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Officials will decide Friday whether to send out searchers Saturday when more volunteers are available.

Cox says searchers have already covered 3 square miles of timber and brush looking for 19-year-old Maureen Kelly. She left a campground wearing only a fanny pack with a compass and knife. She wasn't even wearing shoes.

Friends told officials Kelly's quest was to free herself from her ego and connect with nature.

So, if volunteers will come, they can look for the woman.

ETA-
Clark County court records indicate Kelly was in district court last Friday after failing a drug test required as part of pleading guilty last year to being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At the hearing, a judge reordered Kelly to comply with all conditions, which included a fine of more than $500, according to court records. So, then so goes camping and heads out to the woods....

Last edited by TacAir on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:38 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Quote:
and connect with nature.

Nature is neither for or against anyone but it loathes disrespect.

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:44 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

alpha_texas1969 wrote:

Actually, if that happened in a horror movie, I'd be thinking, "Bullshit! No one would ever do that!" I'd be wrong, apparently.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a larger-than-normal number of male volunteers to go look for her--at least initially. As others have said, I feel bad for her family. :(

JamesCannon wrote:
I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Pig wrote:
How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm 

Quote:
Kelly's quest was to free herself from her ego

:roll:

Dying being the ultimate expression of that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Kelvar wrote:
I'd be surprised if there weren't a larger-than-normal number of male volunteers to go look for her--at least initially.

This kind of "Horny Samaritan" situation isn't entirely unknown in rescue/recovery operations.

Off the Wall: Death in Yosemite, by Michael P. Ghiglieri and Charles R. "Butch" Farrabee, Jr., pg. 40 wrote:
Evelyn Consuela Rosemann, 24
October 18, 1968
Nevada Fall (594 Feet)

After 3 days in Yosemite, Rosemann of San Francisco was found by 3 hikers on October 19, 200 feet from the base of Nevada Fall in suspicious and unique circumstances. Whether her death while solo hiking [emphasis in original] was due to an accident, suicide, or murder has not been determined. Rosemann had been raped pre- or postmortem, the latter more likely. It is not known for certain whether she went over the waterfall or the dry cliff.

Off the Wall: Death in Yosemite, by Michael P. Ghiglieri and Charles R. "Butch" Farrabee, Jr., pp. 518-519 wrote:
Weirdly, when discovered by the three hikers, her body had already been moved for a significant distance from its point of impact. Investigators found traces of the corduroy material at least halfway to the base of the fall. Additionally, they discovered parts of her brain on a rock in the middle of a stream, fifty feet away. That Rosemann's clothes had been yanked almost off was also hard to explain. Yes, it could have happened in the river (had she been in the river). Or it could have been done by human hands. Far more bizarre, the pathologist's report noted that sexual intercourse had occurred either shortly before or, more like, after [italics original]her death--as hinted by the bloodless lacerations of her vagina. The latter strongly suggests someone had raped her mutilated corpse after her fall.

Hence the questions remain: Was she attacked prior to going over, maybe by a stalker and former client from the Bay Area [where Roseman worked as a massage therapist and topless waitress]? Had the attacker been rebuffed and then pushed her off the cliff and afterward raped her corpse? Or instead, after her fall--accidental or otherwise--had someone simply happened upon her corpse and had sex with it?

Consider that the autopsy report described "severe and tremendous traumatic injuries of the type ordinarily seen only in mountain climbing accidents or in train vs. auto collisions. The cause of death appears to be a massive head injury with avulsion of the brain." The type of individual who even COULD, to say nothing of WOULD, have sex with (I might debate the verb "rape" in a postmortem context) a corpse which has had its brain avulsed (splattered all over the place) would have to be way far out near a pointy end of the bell curve in a game of "Never Have I Ever." But it's not entirely impossible that a similar individual might live in the PNW, watch Fox News, and hear "missing naked 19 year old woman," and sign up to volunteer, whether hoping to find her alive or dead.

It's unlikely, of course. But it has happened (probably by chance encounter rather than design), so I thought it was worth sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:49 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Wow. Not quite what I was imagining, Jeriah. I was just thinking that a lot of guys would jump at the chance to go rescue a naked girl--and thereby get to both (1) be a hero and (2) see a naked girl.

But, yeah, that's a disturbing story. :(

JamesCannon wrote:
I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Pig wrote:
How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I cannot imagine letting one of my female friends walk off into the woods alone for a god damn vision quest naked. Should they not listen to me I'd just follow right behind them.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19895

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

There's more than a few dubious assholes in the bush.