I just finished working on this for the night. I learned how to use a dremel tool along with this project, so yes my metalwork is horrible. I'm just glad I got done what I did.
Here is how the mag "fit" before I started. Yes its backwards, but I was just holding it up to the rifle for a second to show its obviously bigger than the magwell.
Here is the mag apart.
After some cutting with the new dremel tool i got for christmas.
Pow it fits in the magwell.
So everything was running perfect, until I realized a problem. The angle that the metal lips of the mag for the 24/29 are different than the 49/56(my rifle) So the rear part of the lips are perfectly against the rifle where they should be. But, the front of the lips are lower, and no matter how much I remove from the front of the mag, its not going to fit in at the correct angle so the lips are lined up properly. So the round just gets pushed into the rifle below the feed ramp. Here are the pics of my original mag, and then my new homemade one.
New modified mag.
My ideas where to look next are either a new follower that points the rounds up more, or modify the lips of the mag. I'm just not sure how I can modify the lips of the mag. I guess I get 3 tries at it, but I'd like some second opinions on this before I start hacking anything else.