Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm 

Haven't posted on here in a while, but I was basically doing a Youtube review on separate Cold Steel walking sticks I recently purchased which showcase their applications as both walking aids and weapons. In doing some cut tests for the sword cane I somehow someway smooshed the tip. I tried to grind it out but now its just kind of round and looks sloppy. Don't wanna mess it up anymore than it already is. I've never had trouble with Cold Steel knives, they always hold their edges and points so I figure if the knives were sturdy the sword would be too. I don't wanna post the video just yet because I've never had probs with their products and they said they won't replace it since I already tried to resharpen it and messed it up in the process. Any suggestions guys ? Never worked with double edged swords so anyone who has this item or a similiar one that knows how to restore a point please tell me what to do.

"Violence is not a game, nor is it a cartoon. Violence is sickeningly real, it hurts, it ruins lives, and it has lasting medical, psychological, legal, and social repercussions. Violence is not something to be toyed with, it is something to be avoided through whatever means necessary. Violence is not fun."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 pm 

51MEANTXGUNS50 wrote:
Haven't posted on here in a while, but I was basically doing a Youtube review on separate Cold Steel walking sticks I recently purchased which showcase their applications as both walking aids and weapons. In doing some cut tests for the sword cane I somehow someway smooshed the tip. I tried to grind it out but now its just kind of round and looks sloppy. Don't wanna mess it up anymore than it already is. I've never had trouble with Cold Steel knives, they always hold their edges and points so I figure if the knives were sturdy the sword would be too. I don't wanna post the video just yet because I've never had probs with their products and they said they won't replace it since I already tried to resharpen it and messed it up in the process. Any suggestions guys ? Never worked with double edged swords so anyone who has this item or a similiar one that knows how to restore a point please tell me what to do.

Think we can get a pic of what the tip looks like?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:22 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I can fix it for you.... not warranty service though :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm 

sworbeyegib wrote:
51MEANTXGUNS50 wrote:

Think we can get a pic of what the tip looks like?

Here ya go !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jzv-g2FLcw

"Violence is not a game, nor is it a cartoon. Violence is sickeningly real, it hurts, it ruins lives, and it has lasting medical, psychological, legal, and social repercussions. Violence is not something to be toyed with, it is something to be avoided through whatever means necessary. Violence is not fun."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Tip looks fine: a little rounded as opposed to a "needle" point, but basically like an SKS blade bayonet, which penetrate just fine. If you want to put more of a needle point on it, spend a little time with a file (NOT power tools), followed by a coarse stone, followed by fine. You've got four "faces" to work, which we can call top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right, although these designations are arbitrary. You basically remove metal from each face, a few strokes at a time, until it's the shape you want. Then polish on the stones. But I wouldn't worry about it. Needle points are fragile. It looks fine as is.