New book - My New Best Friend

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TacAir

New book - My New Best Friend

Post by TacAir » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:48 pm

I had promised to post a notice when the book was completed.

The book is on Amazon new. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S1Q5DWZ/re ... ext&sr=1-2)

I really enjoyed the feedback here from the many readers, so - here is the heads up I promised. The delay was owing to a series of life (and near death) events that seems to color everyone's life.
As is my custom, the first part of the book is a free read - simply click on the cover.

In the book, but not expressly posited is this - the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis. Or rather, a derivative. :
The theory in a nutshell:

Anthropologist and linguist Edward Sapir and his student Benjamin Whorf were interested in answering this question. Together, they created the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis, which states that how we look at the world is largely determined by our thought processes, and our language limits our thought processes. It follows that our language shapes our reality. In other words, the language that we use shapes the way we think and how we see the world. Since the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis theorizes that our language use shapes our perspective of the world, it follows that people who speak different languages have different world views.

The book deals with the life and times of Roscoe and his friends - and almost as an aside, some ability to communicate with genetically modified dogs. Combat dogs.

This is part 1 of a planned two book series.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Re: New book - My New Best Friend

Post by FlashDaddy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:46 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am extremely happy that you have finished what I read years ago as The Lottery in ZS's fiction section!

Thank you!
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

TacAir

Re: New book - My New Best Friend

Post by TacAir » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:57 pm

FlashDaddy wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:46 pm
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am extremely happy that you have finished what I read years ago as The Lottery in ZS's fiction section!

Thank you!
You are more than welcome.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Return to “Books”