Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

*************************************SOME SPOILERS!!!!!!****************************************

WARNING - SPOILERS

Awwwwww Jeeeeez... my peener is getting hard!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=39001

Quote:
In anticipation of "The Walking Dead" #100, Image Comics has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at Bryan Hitch's variant cover for the milestone issue, depicting a lone Rick Grimes armed with a baseball bat against the insatiable hunger of the zombie hordes. The shambling crowd is truly the star of Hitch's cover as their hands reach out in union toward Rick, making his stand atop a red pickup truck.

Hitch's variant is one of many initiatives celebrating the release of the issue, which hits during July's Comic-Con International in San Diego. In addition to covers by some of Image's heaviest hitters including Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri and Ryan Ottley, fans will have the opportunity to experience a massive "The Walking Dead" inspired survival obstacle course called "The Walking Dead Escape" during CCI 2012 at Petco Park.

Robert Kirkman spoke with CBR in May, teasing the events of the centennial issue, which he described as "the most gruesome, most violent, disturbing issue of 'The Walking Dead' yet."

"I can say that everybody knows that there's this group out there called the Saviors that are kind of intimidating everyone on the Hilltop," Kirkman told CBR. "They've kind of gotten on Rick's radar, we [saw] their first interaction in #97. We've basically got another very violent, dangerous group out there that Rick is going to be clashing with head-on and I can say that issue #100 is going to easily be the most gruesome, most violent, disturbing issue of 'The Walking Dead' yet. So, be on the lookout. Yet, when I say that, I do remember all of the gruesome, disturbing and violent things that have happened in 'The Walking Dead' thus far, so I promise I mean it."

Charlie Adlard spoke about his lengthy run on "The Walking Dead" and hitting the landmark issue #100.

"All of a sudden, you wake up one morning and you're up to issue #100," Adlard told CBR. "For me, it's actually, believe it or not, quite easy to do a book a month. It's never felt -- or 95% of the time it's never felt -- like a chore actually getting the issues out. One of my gripes before I started "The Walking Dead," when I was doing various DC and Marvel projects, was the fact that, because I'm so fast, I'd be doing a miniseries of four, five, six issues and I'd just be getting into the meat of the characters and the thing was over. This way, I can really get into the characters and understand them, the ones that last a bit longer, the ones we don't kill. It's great to have that freedom."

Check out the rest of the variants revealed so far on Robot 6 and stay tuned to CBR News for more on "The Walking Dead" #100.

And here is a link to four more alternate covers by Quietly, Sylvestri, Mecfarlane, and Ottley.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/06/116699/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:14 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Ya know, I'm actually kind of leery about reading #100. I know I will, but the turn of each page will be with much trepidation. #100 is supposed to be bigger than usual, isn't it?

I keep thinking about Kirkman's statement that Rick would never make it to issue 100.....Which in Kirkman-speak probably actually means that he'll go "Wild Bunch" on everyone BUT Rick. :?

That reminds me, I think #99 comes out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Just read #99. Not getting good vibes for one of our original survivors.....I still have the feeling that that one is jinxing themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

ninja-elbow wrote:
My favorite Abraham quote:
"Let's fuck this dog."

Another good one:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:50 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

RickOShea wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote:
*just read #98*

Well... shit.

GOT DAYUMIT !!! :shock: :cry: :x

What. The. Fuck.
I mean.... Carl... Same thing... Same place... WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Alright. Breathe. Read #99. Now caught up.
Can't say that ending was totally expected. Wasn't totally unexpected either. The whole time, I kept thinking they need to send that Aaron guy and his scouting partner on a covert recon mission. Figure out as much as possible about the Saviors. Maybe make contact with the Hilltop. Sneak them out the back at night, or some such. Better yet, Aaron and Michonne.

For a guy who used to be so deliberate in his decision making, Rick sure seems to be getting a lot more reckless. He's bordering on TV Shane.

RickOShea wrote:
Just read #99. Not getting good vibes for one of our original survivors.....I still have the feeling that that one is jinxing themselves.

I'm pretty sure I know who to whom you're referring. I hope you're wrong. That is one of my favorite characters. Maybe the group that left will circle back and sneak back in... One can hope, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

#100, and all 8 variant covers, preordered. 8-)

I swore I'd never buy variant covers again in 1998... but then I just ordered 8 of them :?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:09 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

kbilly84 wrote:

RickOShea wrote:

I'm pretty sure I know who to whom you're referring. I hope you're wrong. That is one of my favorite characters. Maybe the group that left will circle back and sneak back in... One can hope, right?

Then again, maybe Kirkman is just screwing with us. Like he did with Abraham, trying to build up a conflict between him and Rick that never panned-out (for obvious reasons).

Maybe he's trying to focus our concentration on that other character, so that he can sneak-up and axe another favorite instead......Or, maybe he knows that we have him figured out and he really will take-out the "jinxed one", to try and regain the initiative from the readers.....Or perhaps he only wants us to think that we have him all scoped-out, and in reality, that particular character is the only "safe" one in the whole bunch for the coming conflict.....Or maybe he only wants us to think that they're safe, so that he can "end them" in one of the most gruesome ways imaginable..... :shock: ..... :lol:

Now I can't wait for #100. :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:14 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

RickOShea wrote:
Then again, maybe Kirkman is just screwing with us. Like he did with Abraham ...

Oh, he's screwing with us, alright.

Damn you, Kirkman! I will NOT get a new avatar. :vmad:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

:?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am 

Maybe its

Lucille Ball as a zombie?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Perhaps a "Pied Piper" sort of thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:58 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Where'd you find that add?

ETA: Here... let me google that for myself.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=39269

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:03 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

My guess, for the prize of an internet cookie, is that Lucille is a loyal dog.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:48 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

ninja-elbow wrote:
My guess, for the prize of an internet cookie, is that Lucille is a loyal dog.

Notice how most of the various #100 covers feature Rick and/or Michonne......Except for the one with the blue-haired Grandma.

Which begs the question, "What makes her so special ?" :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:35 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

New guess:
Lucille is an old lady zombie that graphically kills and eats one of our favortie characters?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Who's that on the first cover? I'm seeing a right hand, so it's not Rick. Maybe one of the Saviors? Negan perhaps? From those covers, it almost seems that we're supposed to come to the conclusion that Rick, Carl and Michonne are the only ones to survive the thing with the Saviors.

I'm already giddy for 100. I got caught up just in time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I think the standard covers for the story line are all of Saviors. I have not looked at them in depth though. One of the fators is all ofthem have some melee weapon while Hilltop is one of the few communities with guns and ammo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Whatever's going on with the covers, at least they inject the possibility of a shift in storyline. As much as I love the comics, thus far, the series has followed a fairly predictable plot:

Rick arrives and finds survivors, safe and doing their thing. Rick stages a hostile takeover, usually involving the death of a survivor. Local deputy turned sociopath Rick makes a call that's risky and not everyone agrees upon. Another survivor(s) die as a result of Rick's plan.

Saying his actions are to keep Carl safe, but can't, Rick hooks up with a survivor chicky, who also dies. A stranger appears and wants to help. Rick kicks the crap out of him, finds their group, stages a hostile takeover, make a new dumb plan, more bloodshed ensues ...

Heck, if he'd have stayed in Woodbury, Rick probably would have executed half the residents or led them to slaughter. Oh, and no one ever gets sick or dies from an infection. Now and then, the reader is thrown a bone and some zombies are killed.

The time for Kirkman to shake things up is long overdue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

ninja-elbow wrote:
I think the standard covers for the story line are all of Saviors. I have not looked at them in depth though. One of the fators is all ofthem have some melee weapon while Hilltop is one of the few communities with guns and ammo.

Yeah, the "Something To Fear" covers all have a similar theme:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:55 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Boondock wrote:
Oh, and no one ever gets sick or dies from an infection.

Maybe the Walker virus/bacteria, that everyone is a carrier of, has caused a boost in immunity towards other virus/bacteria. :wink:

And, IIRC, Rick's authority was superseded by a "committee" at the prison. And at the Alexandria Safe Zone, Douglas sorta "hand-picked" Rick to take over as the leader (cause he was getting burned-out, and he wanted someone with real world survival experience to "wake everyone up" to the dangers that still existed).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:01 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

RickOShea wrote:
Boondock wrote:

Maybe the Walker virus/bacteria, that everyone is a carrier of, has caused a boost in immunity towards other virus/bacteria. :wink:

And, IIRC, Rick's authority was superseded by a "committee" at the prison. And at the Alexandria Safe Zone, Douglas sorta "hand-picked" Rick to take over as the leader (cause he was getting burned-out, and he wanted someone with real world survival experience to "wake everyone up" to the dangers that still existed).

I hear you, it's just that lately every time I get a new issue, I feel like I've already read it before.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

RickOShea wrote:
Boondock wrote:

All the people that tend to have less hardy constitutions failed their "survive this common cold with no facilities" saving throws and died already? That's how I justify that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:02 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

ninja-elbow wrote:
All the people that tend to have less hardy constitutions failed their "survive this common cold with no facilities" saving throws and died already? That's how I justify that.

Only the tough survive in the ZPAW! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:55 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

:shock: ....Pretty sure that it's just "fan art". :wink:

*But this one, is supposedly the cover of #102:

*But alas, a crossbow does not a Daryl Dixon make. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next