1) I own a gun safe, not a locker
... but a SAFE. Its small, but I dont own much (nor do I wish to be a collector). It is BOLTED to the floor. Once you do get it out, its a bitch to open without a torch or a partner in crime with digging bars for the both of you. No much concern there.
2) I own a pissed pup... Well, only toward strangers. She goes the fuck off toward anyone that comes within the boundaries of the property. Fucking lucky to have a dog that damn smart
3) If it is not out to be used, cleaned or carried... its in the SAFE.
4) House is rigged with several cameras and a Zmodo. Evidence for future retrieval if they get past the dog, and get the safe out... WITHOUT bringing attention to them selves from the neighbors.
5) Very seldom is the house not occupied, the wife is in disability and pretty much is a home body. She has a dedicated 20ga for defense. (no need to really "aim", just point and click)
6) I even carry in the house many times, quite often, more so now that we have predators and stalkers in the subdivision (not sure who yet... but video evidence has been surrendered to the authorities for investigation)
7) Since Im a 2A guy, I open carry a lot. Anyone that lives in this sub knows... I have and I pack. I dont hide it, and I dont flaunt it. To me, its like wearing sunglasses, I think nothing more of it. It also... serves as a visual deterrent for scopers present and future.
8) A tiny 1" X 2.5" "Dont Tread On Me" flag sticker in on the glass of my front storm door. Visually more warning than "no trespassing". (The stupid "dont worry about the dog, worry about the owner (pic of gun blelow)" is retarded and immature.)
That is all...
Damn, I just realized after I posted... I made no contribution to your situation.
Ahhh ADD sux.
Anyway, the guitar case thingy the other posted mentioned rox out! Whew!