It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:51 am 

OMG this thing is sooooooo bad ass!!!!

I just picked up this full metal M200 Cheytac Intervention airsoft stock

It retails for $650 but it cost me $300 for the shell used.

I just finished gutting it . I did some test fit and the Ruger 10/22 can fit inside however my dremel isn't good enough to cut out the thick metals. I need to go to my gunsmith and have him mill out the receiver and the barrel since its faster and more precise. I'm likely going to cut my trigger guard off my 10/22 and use an extended trigger so I can use the existing trigger guard of the M200.

I'm also looking at at .22LR bolt action Marlin XT-22 or a Savage Mark II.

Also I'll be using a 29" barrel from urbanrifle.com. If it's too short, then I'll cut down the M200 barrel to match the length of the 10/22 barrel.

This thing is extremely heavy. I'll weigh it tomorrow but it feels like its about 20lbs without optics.

Right now its about 40% done. Hopefully the milling goes well when my gunsmith has time to work on it.

_MG_9999 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_9997 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_9995 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_9991 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_9989 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_9986 by defconskylude, on Flickr

_MG_9980 by defconskylude, on Flickr

Last edited by defcon on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm 

I'm not sure why you'd spend $300 on this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:09 pm 

UndeadInfidel wrote:
I'm not sure why you'd spend $300 on this.

have you ever seen a .22 version of a M200?

its going to be bad ass when i complete this build

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 pm 

defcon wrote:
have you ever seen a .22 version of a M200?

I can't say seeing one was at the top of my bucket list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 pm 

Why would you put a semi-auto 22 into a bolt action body?

I mean, I think a 22 M200 would be kind of neat for plinking at the range. But I'd atleast stick with a bolt action.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 pm 

AK_Stick wrote:

I mean, I think a 22 M200 would be kind of neat for plinking at the range. But I'd atleast stick with a bolt action.

Agreed. Semi auto in there would be teh herpaderp.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm 

Hey, it's a pretty cool hobby. Hell I know people that spend money on things like, golf. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 pm 

Nice build. I have a small collection of 10/22s that I swapped stocks on so they would look like stuff I couldnt afford to buy or shoot.

ZS Fleet number 0355

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:18 pm 

I like it, but agree with the bolt action actually working.

mzmadmike wrote:
I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 pm 

AK_Stick wrote:

I mean, I think a 22 M200 would be kind of neat for plinking at the range. But I'd at least stick with a bolt action.

i would love to put a 22 bolt action however the barrel on the bolt action would be way too short.

with the 10/22, i have a 29" aftermarket barrel and i can just cut down the M200 barrel to match the length up to the muzzle

otherwise id have to get a gunsmith to make a custom barrel thats over 30 inches.

i cant do a barrel extension because the ATF might consider it a suppressor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm 

BigDaddyTX wrote:
I like it, but agree with the bolt action actually working.

let me talk to my gunsmith if he can do a custom barrel. last time he said it was $500 but i think he was just joking with me. if its $200 then ill definitely go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am 

Ok, but again why put a semi auto into a bolt action body?

There are litterally tons of viable automatic, and semi-automatic bodys you could find to drop a semi auto rifle into that would make tons more sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 am 

AK_Stick wrote:
Ok, but again why put a semi auto into a bolt action body?

There are litterally tons of viable automatic, and semi-automatic bodys you could find to drop a semi auto rifle into that would make tons more sense.

Im in california and we cant have automatics here. Also i prefer a rimfire because i can avoid the centerfire restrictions. I only have a 10/22 and a marlin to work with.

I dont think it matters whether i use a semi auto or bolt. Whatever works to make it functional would make me happy.

What rifle are you suggesting i put inside m200 dress up kit?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:34 am 

pretty much anything in a bolt action would bake more sense.

If accuracy was what you were after, it'd be hard to beat a CZ 452.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:53 am 

This will be a cool conversion. Have no use for a .22 bolt action so I guess I'm against popular opinion on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 am 

AK_Stick wrote:
pretty much anything in a bolt action would bake more sense.

If accuracy was what you were after, it'd be hard to beat a CZ 452.

the Marlin XT-22 is a bolt action that im looking to buy next week but its barrel is too short. i just found out that it may cost another $500 for a custom barrel to be made to match the length of the M200 so this would take longer to complete if i did get a custom barrel.

with the 10/22 i already have a 29" barrel that i can put in and call it a day after the milling it to fit.

i get what youre saying though and i agree. it will just take way more time for me to save up $500

i havent looked into a CZ452 yet. im not into accuracy. i just want to see a functional .22LR M200.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 am 

here's an idea

can i just buy an extra OEM barrel made for the bolt action Marlin XT-22 and somehow weld, couple or thread them together to make it longer and make it as one solid unit? not sure if this would still be considered a suppressor.

i think this is a cheaper route than spending $500 on a custom barrel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm 

here's an idea

can i just buy an extra OEM barrel and somehow weld, couple or thread them together to make it longer and make it as one solid unit?

would this be considered a suppressor?

are barrel extensions legal? i need a 10-16 inch barrel extension without creating a suppressor. how would a gunsmith legally do this?

i think this is a cheaper route than spending $500 on a custom barrel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:20 pm 

defcon wrote:
are barrel extensions legal? i need a 10-16 inch barrel extension without creating a suppressor. how would a gunsmith legally do this?

Yes, they are. It just has to be pinned or a permanent part of the barrel. For instance, I have an AR15 with a 11.5" inch barrel and a pinned 5.5" extension to make it legally non-SBR.

It's not a suppressor unless its intent is to decrease the audible report of the weapon.

Disclaimer - Just trying to be helpful. Don't think for a minute I'm endorsing anyone's CoD mall ninja fantasies. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm 

UndeadInfidel wrote:
defcon wrote:

Yes, they are. It just has to be pinned or a permanent part of the barrel. For instance, I have an AR15 with a 11.5" inch barrel and a pinned 5.5" extension to make it legally non-SBR.

It's not a suppressor unless its intent is to decrease the audible report of the weapon.

Disclaimer - Just trying to be helpful. Don't think for a minute I'm endorsing anyone's CoD mall ninja fantasies. :wink:

hehe yea im definitely a cod mall ninja. ;)

cool thanks. ya i have no intent of creating a suppressor. i just want barrel length.

so youre not worried the 5.5" extension would reduce the db even though its not your intent?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:38 pm 

defcon wrote:
so youre not worried the 5.5" extension would reduce the db even though its not your intent?

Not at all. If anything from my experience, a barrel extension on a shorter barrel is louder than a plain longer barrel (unless the shorter barrel makes the round subsonic).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:45 pm 

UndeadInfidel wrote:
defcon wrote:

Not at all. If anything from my experience, a barrel extension on a shorter barrel is louder than a plain longer barrel (unless the shorter barrel makes the round subsonic).

ah i see.

someone referred me this site http://www.gmriflebarrel.com and they have "drop in" and blank barrels up to 32 inches for $250-$300. i sent them an email if they have anything over 36 inches for the .22LR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:12 am 

AK_Stick wrote:
Ok, but again why put a semi auto into a bolt action body

Why do anything like this? For the money he's putting into these he could get a pretty serious .22 target rifle. But he doesn't care about having a nice firearm, just a toy'ish thing that looks like something it isn't. I don't think you can apply logic to any of his projects, it's just something he likes to do. As silly and ridiculous as it is, it's what he likes for whatever reason. People are weird :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:04 pm 

alptraum wrote:
AK_Stick wrote:
Ok, but again why put a semi auto into a bolt action body

Why do anything like this? For the money he's putting into these he could get a pretty serious .22 target rifle. But he doesn't care about having a nice firearm, just a toy'ish thing that looks like something it isn't. I don't think you can apply logic to any of his projects, it's just something he likes to do. As silly and ridiculous as it is, it's what he likes for whatever reason. People are weird :)

before you call someone weird, lets think outside the box and understand WHY im doing these.
some people dont see the creativity, ingenuity and the cost savings here.

these are dress up kits. i can either buy aftermarket, pay someone to carve wood, CNC milling with aluminum,i can wrap it around with pancakes, jeans or use cat shit around my .22 rifles and it will look like something that it isn't. or i can use quality FULL METAL gutted airsoft shells that already look like a firearm and drop in my rifle like any other aftermarket kit. if i can dremel or mill it out accordingly, bed it, secure it with retaining pins or screws to eliminate movement, use epoxy putty, then I dont see what the problem is with this route? its still a firearm and i still have to be safe and be responsible at the range.

whether you call it a toy or not, i took the initiative to call the BATFE agent and talked to a supervisor at CA DOJ Bureau of firearms and they don't see any issues with what im doing except that i follow my local laws and Class 3 / Title II to make sure im not building an assault weapon. fine. done deal. no suppressor. no full auto. 16" minimum barrel length. 26" minimum overall length. 10 round magazine limit (CA law), no need for bullet button since its rimfire. im good to go.

i already have two nice firearms. Converted Saiga 12 and a AR15. im done with those and moving on to more interesting and creative builds people will rarely see or dont even know that its even possible to do

im not a serious person to do competition, nor hunting. its just a weekend rifle for myself, friends, and family and a show piece

please dont tell me about logic. i break software for a living and get paid very good money to break programming logic.

i totally understand what AK_stick is saying and i agree with his logic of putting a bolt action into a bolt action. i guess you dont read

here's the logic. the barrel length of the M200 is over 30 inches.

1) IF i can find an aftermarket barrel longer than 30 inches for a bolt action rifle, THEN i will go this route ELSE
2) IF my gunsmith can legally create a 16 inch barrel extension without making it a suppressor, THEN i will go this route ELSE
3) IF i can pay a gunsmith $500 to create a custom barrel, THEN i will go this route ELSE
4) I will just use my 10/22 and a 29 inch 10/22 aftermarket barrel

SOLUTION: purchase a Savage Mark II and a 32 inch aftermarket barrel and have my gunsmith install it. bolt action to bolt action. no need for a 10/22.

its simple.
i dont want to spend $10k for a real nice M200 firearm.
i dont want to spend $6-10k for a real nice Barrett M82 firearm and its illegal in california
i dont have $X for a M249, M60, TAR21, FS2000, etc and its either illegal in california and/or there's AW restrictions
i dont want to spend $6-$10 a round for an M200 or M82 when i can just spend 3 cents a round with my .22LR
i dont want to spend $200-$300 a weekend on a .223, 7.62 ammo when i can just spend $17 on brick of 22 ammo (even though i have a AR)

Call it what you want. People like you are annoying. Just be happy that i'm helping support my local gun shops/FFL's with my silly and ridiculous projects

Last edited by defcon on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.