Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm 

Greetings all!

I haven't looked up my location with coordinates yet however I am 40 miles east of Denver

Equipment: Kenwood 2-meter, we actually have 2, one for my husband's car

Experience: I just received my Technician Class operator license a week ago. Enjoying it very much so far. I am having a hard time connecting via the computer.

If you are in the area, I usually use repeaters from Rocky Mountain Repeater Club, Denver Radio Club and Colorado Connection

Give me a hollar anytime! KD0QLR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:18 pm 

kfendt wrote:
Greetings all!

I haven't looked up my location with coordinates yet however I am 40 miles east of Denver

Equipment: Kenwood 2-meter, we actually have 2, one for my husband's car

Experience: I just received my Technician Class operator license a week ago. Enjoying it very much so far. I am having a hard time connecting via the computer.

If you are in the area, I usually use repeaters from Rocky Mountain Repeater Club, Denver Radio Club and Colorado Connection

Give me a hollar anytime! KD0QLR

Welcome to amateur radio! QRZ.com will show your grid under the details page for your call if you want to know what it is.

There's always a certain percentage of any population with the conviction that society is a conspiracy to deny them their rights.
The right to be totally ignorant of any useful knowledge seems to be the basic one.
- Keith Laumer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:03 am 

KF5MTA here... grid EM10bk aka nw austin texas.I am a general class ham and I can operate mobile/base from 80m -70cm and will have backup power in the next 30 days or so. I'm also a member of the Travis Co. ARES group and the Austin CERT team as well as a red cross disaster services volunteer. i am rather new here so i'm still trying to find all the details of this, but i know its something i want in on so there is my info :)

General class ham - KF5MTA, CERT member, REACT team #3022 membership officer and unit #300, Red Cross Disaster response team and disaster services technology team member and likely the largest human you have ever laid eyes on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:24 pm 

Grid: ELO8rv South of San Antonio Texas

Interests: Anything to do with radio comm.

Equipment: Kenwood TM-D700A mobile, Couple of BK LPH 5142 radios, Downbanded BK EPH, and a BK EPI 5102.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:21 am 

Section:New Mexico
Latitude:35.0
Longitude:-106.5
Interests: Ham radio I am working on getting my license currently. I am already working on linking and repeating radio systems. As well just about anything to do with radios.
Equipment: CB radio (car) I will be getting one for my fixed station as well. Scanner, multiple uhf and vhf radios.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Callsign: W2ADK
Lat/Lon: +44.3,-074.2 (Upstate NY)
Particular interest: Local emergency support & a long range station
Equipment situation: HTs in 144/444 range, mobile in 10m, interested in mobile 20m and 2m

I've got my echolink account/software up and running, and have been figuring out programming/use of my HTs. My hope is to help out with a multi-day canoe race this summer that covers lots of wild backcountry...they make use of local hams to provide support for chekcpoints and emergency comms during the race.

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm 

Sounds like a great idea. Call is KD8QLO hold my Tech since June 2010. Currently back in Maine in the Auburn area.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

packn_rn wrote:
latitude and longitude: N 46.8, W 092.2
interest: I plan on getting my tech license in the next cople of months and starting there.
equipment situation: nothing but a couple books now, I have the means to afford a decent radio, I plan on starting with a handheld.

UPDATE: got tech, working on general now, got a Yeasu VX-7R.

UPDATED UPDATE: I'm a general now, will be an extra as soon as I can test, I will have a HF station up and running this weekend. I have a Yeasu FT-450D (still in the box) and UPS should be here tommorrow with an MFJ-949E tuner, G5RV, and a power supply.

My callsign is: KD0HHY, My Grid EN36UU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:03 pm 

Callsign - N0WTR - Extra

Your latitude and longitude - RV Portable, Currently in the Denver Colorado Area

Your particular interest - All comms except CW, never learned it. Digital (psk31, Packet)

Your equipment situation - 160m to 440mhz, Yaesu FT950, FT897, FT817, VX-7R, Kantronics Kam Xl, Many Dipoles.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:54 pm 

Callsign: KK4IYG (Technician) and WQJT976 (GMRS)

Lat/Lon: 80.4, 26.0 (Southeast Florida)

Particular interest: Possible Local emergency support & someday (probably after I get General and some money...) a long range station, and APRS

Equipment situation: Currently have a VX-8GR HT. Plan to get a Mobile Rig soon, and possibly CB.

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves"

-Ronald Regan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:15 pm 

Section: Oregon
Latitude: 44.983328
Longitude: -122.934965
Interests: Local emergency support, CB and HAM. I am just now starting to work on studying for license.
Communication Equipment: None, But putting extra finances back each week.
Equipment situation: SUV Vehicle, firepower, and basic medical equipment (not talking about a first aid kit).

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:06 am 

UPDATED: 10AUG2012

Alex Europa
K9ALE (General)
Your latitude and longitude: +27.8, -82.5 (Near MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL)

Your particular interest: EMCOMM and Long Range station

Your equipment situation: Currently only have two Baofeng UV-3R Mark 2s. I just purchased a new FT-857D and Buddipole so that I can begin learning/working HF. I'll update again once I'm up and running.

- Alex

Oath Keeper Life Member #256
III
ImageK9ALE

Last edited by AEuropa on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:32 pm 

The section you are in. Oklahoma
Your latitude and longitude 36d03'N 95d46'W
Your particular interest I'd like to get a ham license
Your equipment situation mobile CB Radio that outputs approx 5 watts from a 109 inch (1/4 wave) stainless antenna i will say i have snowshoes but i hate having to use it (Too many base station operators in my area pushing 1KW or more)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm 

35.36 Lattitude 93.24 Longitude
General Class License
Yaseu FT1900R Mobile
Yaseu VX7R HT
Wouxon Dual band HT

DX'ing and EMCOMM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 am 

Passed my tech and general on Saturday, just waiting for my call sign (hopefully Wednesday)
EDIT: KD0SRK

Interests: QRP, emcomm, HF

Equipment: cheap cobra CB in my truck, plans to get an IC-T70 for VHF/UHF and a QRP HF transceiver until I can afford a base rig.

squinty wrote:
I'll keep that up 'til I get to waffle house, order hashbrowns and tell the waitress "geez, you shoulda seen this knife wielding nut I met earlier tonight... Scary!" And she'll say "It's ok now honey, do you need some more coffee?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 am 

Hey all

Considering getting into some light comm gear. I'd be interested to learn what the ZS Radio Net looks like these days, overlaid on a map. That'll give me a good idea who and where I can expect some assistance from in SHTF scenarios. hahahah

Seriously - I know Doc wanted to build a map of the radio net participant broadcast spots, and to generalize the locations, for privacy. Did that ever turn into an online resource? I read the wiki on the network, as well as all 11 pages of posts here, but did not see it.

ZAG

Brass made for & only used by the US armed forces, well suited for reloading.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:11 pm 

So I just found this forum the other day via my wife. I found this thread and thought it was a great idea. However no map was ever posted. So I spent the last two days making the map from the 11 pages of lat and longs and equipment posts. If your not on the map its because google couldn't find your coordinates, or you gave a grid reading, I don't know grids, and if your out in the ocean its because that's the coordinates you posted. Hope this helps everyone who wanted a map. Oh also, I didn't post you to the map if you had no equipment. Nor did I post those in Australia. Was just focusing on North America. I think there's around 89 users listed on this map.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200069486290732300481.0004c7a5d99334df45d56&msa=0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

KI4SMP
General
South Central Kentucky
Kenwood TS50, TS570, TS820 HF radios
Kenwood, Icom and Yaesu 70cm, 2m, 6m and 10m radios
Yaesu Handhelds
Palstar and MFJ Tuners
Ameritron 80B and 811H amps
Gap, Diamond, Comet and Homebrew antenna
Signalink and MFJ soundcard interface
HP Laptop and Console
Yamaha and Troybuilt Generators
HF Solar panels and controller
??Various and Sundrie other??

Mr

911 Dispatch for Sheriff, City Police, Constables, EMS, S&R, Emergency Management and 3 Fire Depts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm 

Ive, added you Mr. Ford. Feel free to edit or add to the map as you please. I believe I have it set to be edited by all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:03 pm 

Rude of me not to report in.

License: KB1D**, Extra Class
ARRL: Maine
ZS: ZSC-022
Loc: FN54, 44.1N/69.1W, midcoast Maine.
Gear: FT-897D/LDG-897, FT-1000, FT-1500M, growing fistful of HTs, some FRS talkabouts for the kids
Interests: NBEMS, APRS, Winlink, other digital. Running a BPQ32 BBS/packet node on 2 & 6 meters. Also doing some hamsat with a VX-5R and Arrow 144/430. Have a geiger counter kit up and running that I am going to interface with APRS and put in the car sometime this winter just for the fun of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 pm 

ok got you mike i think i may be off though

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:50 pm 

Hello everyone,

My coordinates: 47.6553° N, 122.5350° W
Bainbridge Island, WA

I am a licensed Ham, Tech class, call sign K7RCC.
My only radio so far is a Yaesu FT60 H/T, I have a mobile antenna rig as well a small mag antenna on my 2nd story apt.
ARRL zone: Western Washington

Also have a Washington CPL. Own one 9mm and one .380 auto handgun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:38 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I travel a lot, so I put the 3 places I am at the most.
Location: 50% Groton, CT ; 40% Atlanta, GA; 10% Crestview, FL (my retreat)
Lat & Long: CT (N41° 21.2907', W072° 4.2446'), GA (N33° 44.8989', W084° 23.4665'), FL (N30° 45.7098', W086° 34.2614')
Interests: CB, HAM, and IP over HAM.
Equipment: Vehicle CB (COBRA 80 CH), looking to buy HAM radio this month and start studying for test

KK4TGJ - Technician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 pm 

St Louis Nomad here, so coordinates are pretty much pointless. I usually run 2m because I'm a tech. I should go pick up a general book sometime soon, or if someone wants to get rid of one, lets make a deal.

I run a 2m and CB in the truck. Actually that 2m goes in whatever vehicle I feel like taking. Not on the air often, so I need to get back into practice. I do have a 10m wire antenna I can shoot into the tree. Maybe when the weather gets back to "normal."

One thing to keep in mind, in the case of an emergency all channels are open for all classes as long as the communications are absolutely necessary. Always better off with the higher license.

Anyway, I lurk simplex (145.520 mHz) and 146.940 mHz.

K0HOF, 73

Kilo Zero Hotel Ocean Foxtrot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next