It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:54 pm 

Was browsing ign last night and stumbled upon this. Will be sweet if they take it the right direction!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1174546p1.html

Last edited by driftking777 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:15 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Quote:
Telltale said this human element will be a main theme of the game, setting up emotional moments in choices that are made away from the madness of zombie fighting, which means if you were looking for a Left 4 Dead-style experience, you're not going to get it in the Walking Dead

Excellent.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19895

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

More information:

http://www.shadowlocked.com/20110926216 ... -game.html

Based on the source material and the game developer's pedigree, I have VERY high hopes for this game. Which is to say I could very well be disappointed, but a guy's gotta have dreams....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:56 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

So it'll be more along the lines of an RPG, kinda like Mass Effect with zombies.

Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit(he who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)-Ovid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm 

(Bump)

Any new information on this one?

-Fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 pm 

Comes out very soon

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/100/100887.html

That's a link to the games ign page. Has tons of info on it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm 

Getting great reviews and is very very good.

Need to check this out!

I Am Alive is another great one too!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Having bought and played the first episode of The Walking Dead game, I'm impressed. game play is very simple and easy to pick up, but so very difficult to set down.

The first episode only took me about 2 hours to play through, but I never did anything else during those 2 hours, it sucks you in. Although if you make a wrong decision, or screw up on targeting, take too long to take action and things like that you will die a zombie ridden death. Yes is is awesome.

Definitely recommend it for fans of the show or the comic, or anyone interested in zombies.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:24 pm 

superb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:49 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

********SPOILER**********

While playing the demo I honestly believe that little girl in the tree house could have done some damage with 550 rounds of .22 and a little cricket rifle.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19895

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Episode two is a true horror story and epiisode 3 turns everything upside down, can't wait for eppisodes 4 and 5 and honestly hope to see them take it farther than just 5 episodes, simple game to play, but yet so addictive and the choices you have to make really get you thinking,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 pm 

Me and organized chaos also just finished the series up that is download able (episode 1-3) Game. Is. Intense.

Best way i can put it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

That's about the best way to put it,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I have played a lot of games, I am huge geek.

This has to be one of the darkest games I have ever played, and one that you really need to make some choices on. Epi 3 was a little "meh" and I thought this game was going to be another Fiddlers Green disaster, but this is easily one of the best games I have ever played.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:32 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Yeah ep. 3 was wrenching bc of what happened not really bc of the choices, except for one or two, of em, but ep. 2 was probably the darkest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 pm 

Man, just finished Episode 5. Anyone else finish it? This should be the Game of the Year, best story in a game I have seen yet. Still it leaves you kind of sad, reminds me of The Road or something. Its a must play for any Zombie fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Domino wrote:
Man, just finished Episode 5. Anyone else finish it? This should be the Game of the Year, best story in a game I have seen yet. Still it leaves you kind of sad, reminds me of The Road or something. Its a must play for any Zombie fan.

GOTY for sure, just a great all around game, can't wait for Season 2 :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 am 

Sckitzo wrote:
Domino wrote:

GOTY for sure, just a great all around game, can't wait for Season 2 :clap:

Hell, I just want to know what happens to Clementine. They desperately need am episode 5.2 where you play as Clem trying to get put of Savannah to safety. I still can't believe how attached this game made me to the main characters, thought that I didn't give a shit what happened to them until I got to the end and suddenly feel like shit. Bravo!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:43 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Kinda neat if shes either the focus (say another 6-10yrs) or somehow tied into Season 2 (if they wanted to start from day of the outbreak again).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 am 

Sckitzo wrote:
Kinda neat if shes either the focus (say another 6-10yrs) or somehow tied into Season 2 (if they wanted to start from day of the outbreak again).

Robert Kirkman is only 2 years into his apocalypse. Telltale will not advance him, so no, we will not see an older clementine.

It's a fantastic game though. I played episodes 1-5 a little while back, its maybe 13-15 hours (just guessing) of very enthralling gameplay. Not bad for $25.

"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:46 am 

Has anyone played on multiple mediums? PC/XBox/PS3? Any thoughts on which is best? I know it's more RPG based from what I've read, but when you do have to kill things, is it more first person shooter (cuz I suck at those)?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 am 

Pockie wrote:
Has anyone played on multiple mediums? PC/XBox/PS3? Any thoughts on which is best? I know it's more RPG based from what I've read, but when you do have to kill things, is it more first person shooter (cuz I suck at those)?

Cant honestly say i've played it on different systems, however, on this type of game i dont really think it matters, just play on the one that you enjoy using the most (controller wise). This kinda more RPG based (which it really isnt that either) than it is 1st person. The game is played from a 3rd person view and for the most part is more based on your decisions than that actual gameplay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

The FPS parts of the game are really simple and straight forward so whatever you normally play on should do the trick just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am 

Awesome, thanks. Not that I'll be able to get the game anytime soon, but it's good to know I won't die horribly just because I can't figure out FPS...