ZOMBIE OUTBREAK B.O.B SORRY NO PICS YET! Will edit when the gear arrives. Also will enter in more sections of my kit when I have them.
B.O.B Uses/Operation Specific. Just wanted to quickly say a few things about my bug out kit and detail it into time frames and operations.
My bug out kits are designed to give me maximum use with the least amount of weight/discomfort. This includes weapons. My B.O.B kit is in 7 different sections.
1) Chest Rig - Combat load and various items.
2) Grab Bag (Auscam) - Small utilities
3) Grab Bag (Black 1) Medical supplies
4) Grab Bag (Black 2) Demolition Kit
5) Hydration Bag aka Camelbak
6) Long trip bag
Everything is broken down this way in order for me to lower the weight I carry, if I kept everything I need on me at once I would not be able to run from zombies (as I have seen many on this section show). In terms of surviving such an event as a zombie outbreak I assume most people would think "the more I have the better prepared I am". Wrong. The less you have with more use is better. And once again my apologizes for not having pictures but can't get all my gear while I'm broke, and sorry if it is not as in depth for detail seeing how I will not know the exact weight and space of my kit until it arrives.
1) CHEST RIG: TAG Multicam Plate Carrier (will not have trauma plates in). This will be on me at all times, will never be taken off when on patrol or in conflict.
x8 Single Mag MOLLE Shingles - containing - x8 f88 Austeyr magazines. >240 rounds<
On top of those will be
x4 Single mag 9mm pistol magazines - containing - x4 Para P18 magazines. >40 rounds<
Right side chest - Small items pouch - containing
- 1 box waterproof matches
Left side chest - 2 small pouches - containing
- Gerber Recon 4 Light LED Torch
- Leatherman Wave (Black Finish)
on the side MOLLE areas of the vest - 2 utility pouches - containing
- FAK (just a small one for standard injuries)
- More cylumes
- Notebook with cover (small notebook with space for 4 pens/pencils)
Rear of the rig will have a butt pouch - containing
- Small Tools
- Rain Poncho
Back left shoulder will have a radio pouch, not sure what type of hand held radio i will use at this time.
On my left and right leg will be -
RIGHT LEG: Holster with extra pistol mag attached
LEFT LEG: MOLLE drop down platform with as many pistol mags/pouches as I can fit (Weight may become an issue or my dexterity so will have to be a trial and error thing).
2) GRAB BAG (Auscam - australian army camouflage, check it out looks neat) This bag will be my main little stow everything bag, will probably attach it to my person somehow with a carbiner, if not this will be a transport stow away.
The bag itself is 11x7x7 inches in diameter. Has 6 external magazine pouches with a fairly large internal area.
- x6 Steyr magazines. >180 rounds<
- 100MPH tape
- 20 Cylumes
- 30m Paracord
- 5 Carabiners
- Stationary pouch
- Small foods such as power bars
- Small FAK
- 5 flares
I have personally tested the space on this little bag and trust me it all fits
3) Grab Bag (Black 1). This will be my medical bag. Won't go into detail now because I do not have this complete yet. This bag will contain enough medical supplies in order to fix most major injuries.
4) Grab Bag (Black 2) Demolition Bag. For when I need to take out 50 zombies at once or blow a bridge or rig charges on something this bag will have all the intricate things I need. I have a homemade book from explosive ordinance designs I have made in the past which will be in the bag. Will not explain whats in the bag because I don't want anyone else getting any ideas
5) Hydration Bag. I currently have a rip off version of the Camelbak HAWG design. Has MOLLE straps which come in handy and 2 large compartments in which I can store food and a water filter system in (not an expert of the water filtration stuff so any suggestions would be good).
6) Long trip bag. ** Will continue this part when I have one and some gear to put in it**
7) WEAPONS. MAIN > BACK UP > RIOT/CROWD CONTROL. **Due to me being in Australia I have limited access to any decent firearm compared to you guys in the US, I am however joining the army soon which will allow me access too two of my weapons I will be using. The sidearm is LEGAL in south australia after holding a license for 6 months**
F88 Austeyr A2
Double Taped magazines for first two >60 rounds<
Single point sling
I would take this gun over any AR, AK, M4 any day of the week. More durable and less likely to malfunction than the above listed weapons.
Para Ordnance P18 - 9mm
RIOT GUN/CROWD CONTROL:
Remington 870 pump with folding stock.
Shell carrier on stocks rail.
All of my Bug out gear seems like a lot. It is in a sense but this will all be mainly seperate from one another. The demo kit, FAK bag and auscam bag will mainly stay in my transport vehicle unless I need it.
If you guys want to comment on my stuff or ask me something go to my introduction page and ask me viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74790
In the event of a zombie outbreak. Kit > Transport > Team > CP > Wait > Patrol > Live.