Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:48 pm 

Just wanted to chime in and say I'd like to participate in the KY chapter. Currently I'm in Tacoma, WA but I just got discharged from the Army(honorably after 6 years of service) yesterday :) . I'll be moving back to Lexington, my home town, next week! I'm really looking to take my prepping to the next level. I'll be sharing a house with some old friends. This will allow me to try my hand at gardening in the spring and there is a basement for long term storage. Also, being an ex commo soldier, I'll be getting my amateur radio license. I'll be on 90 days terminal leave so I'll have plenty of time to take part in chapter events. Anyway looking forward to helping out any way I can.

Mod clarification on what constitutes discussion of illegal activities

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:38 pm 

welcome back to the bluegrass Stab. to bad you just missed your little (tiny) meet and greet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 am 

I will be up for it and will do anything I can to help after Dec. 7 (work deadline to finish two trucks heading to Australia) Thanks for the pm maddmatt sorry for the slow response I worked the first 24 days of Nov straight.

"HOWS THE LEMONS NOW B#$CH!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 am 

Well, there's only so much we can do with the here and the now-- I've sent in for the chapter application, and have submitted a few questions. It's been a few days, so I'm expecting a response fairly soon. Still, in the meantime, there are other details we can iron out.

We have a general idea of what we want to do, so until we're able to really get the plan in motion, there's another important factor for us to decide: the three leaders.

As I mentioned in my first post, I would love to be one of those leaders, if the community feels it is appropriate. I feel that the positions are also filled strongly by KYZhunters, Kelvar, and Darkaxel. This is not to belittle anyone else, but in my (albeit limited) experience with the KY users, these three have stuck out to me. If I am to be in a leadership position, I'd be honored to share the role with them; if not, I feel that the three of them stand well as leaders.

What do you fine folks think? Maybe we should cast a vote-- perhaps even set up a poll?

My Trunk Bag/GHB/BOB for a Tight Budget

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:33 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Thanks for the nod, Tribunal. I really appreciate it.

Maybe this can be something to discuss during the next meet-up?

As for that, I'll throw out a date: December 12, at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Lexington?

Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:46 pm 

darkaxel wrote:
Thanks for the nod, Tribunal. I really appreciate it.

Maybe this can be something to discuss during the next meet-up?

As for that, I'll throw out a date: December 12, at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Lexington?

And discuss we shall. Honestly, though, the only day I'm guarenteed to have off of work is a Sunday. If I'm lucky, maybe a Saturday. But I'll never have a Friday off. x___x

Sunday the 14th would probably be fine for me, although being a Sunday might muck up the hours for the store. The venue is fine by me, provided they're open Sunday. How does that sit with you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:04 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Jo-Beth is open from 11am to 9pm on Sundays. There's a few restaurants in the Lexington Green, The Fayette Mall Food Court is nearby. As well as awesome Chinese and Mexican places. A White Castle is also nearby :wink: . There's also Gatti-Town (Think Chuck-E-Cheese) close by.

My calender says that 12 December is a Sunday, TP.

Browncoat

ZS Wiki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:10 pm 

I like the idea of a KY chapter and will try to support the best I can. Seems most everyone is reasonably close to the Lexington area except me, so I don't know how often I would be able to attend events, but again, I think it is a good thing for us KY preppers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm 

darkaxel wrote:
My calender says that 12 December is a Sunday, TP.

So it is. I must've been looking at this month on the calender. T__T Well, all that suits me just fine. I'm not picky on where we meet either, so I'll leave that up to the other folks. I suppose it'd be nice to meet over food, but I'm cool with anything.

American_Infidel wrote:
I like the idea of a KY chapter and will try to support the best I can. Seems most everyone is reasonably close to the Lexington area except me, so I don't know how often I would be able to attend events, but again, I think it is a good thing for us KY preppers.

Welcome aboard! :3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:29 pm 

I would be in for a KY chapter and will join. I have to say though that my work hours and day off rotation would preclude me from holding a leadership position and probably cause me to miss several meetings even if they are every other month or so. I will do what I can to help though.

Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.

Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

by Robert L. Humphrey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:25 pm 

Chris Cyr wrote:
Tribunal Power wrote:
Hello, ZS! It is I, Tribunal Power of the forums!

I would like to request a ZS Chapter Application. A group of users and I are formulating a Kentucky Chapter and are in the process of planning our charity event which would qualify us for Chapter status.

We look forward to doing what we can for the community under the ZS flag!

Also, I had an inquiry about our event. We want to do something involving the domestic violence shelter (http://www.beyondtheviolence.org/) but are uncertain as to what would qualify as an 'event'. We were considernig doing something like a big food/clothing/toy donation to the shelter, but were unsure if it was approved as an event. While we have also discussed a food or clothing drive, the question has come up as to what would be approved and what would not be. Could you shed some light on that for us?

Thanks,
--Tribunal Power

Hi Nathan,

What qualifies as an event is really open. It just has to benefit the 501c3 (which you have covered), not be political or specifically religious, and benefit in a way we can quantify.

So a food/clothing drive would work perfectly. Other chapters have done this by incorporating movie nights or some other activity in the drive. So there's a lot you can do to generate buzz.

The event also doesn't have to be one single activity. It can be a clothing drive over the course of a few weeks, or a fundraiser that's open ended for a month. Just use your imagination.

If you have specific questions, I'd be glad to answer them, but there aren't a lot of restrictions outside of the no politics/religion rule.

Chris Cyr
ZS Chapter Liaison

Well, looks like we've got a good bit of lisence for our event, and it's good to know that the event doesn't have to be all business.

I emailed him back reminding him about the application. I think he forgot. xD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:53 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Tribunal Power wrote:
Well, there's only so much we can do with the here and the now-- I've sent in for the chapter application, and have submitted a few questions. It's been a few days, so I'm expecting a response fairly soon. Still, in the meantime, there are other details we can iron out.

We have a general idea of what we want to do, so until we're able to really get the plan in motion, there's another important factor for us to decide: the three leaders.

As I mentioned in my first post, I would love to be one of those leaders, if the community feels it is appropriate. I feel that the positions are also filled strongly by KYZhunters, Kelvar, and Darkaxel. This is not to belittle anyone else, but in my (albeit limited) experience with the KY users, these three have stuck out to me. If I am to be in a leadership position, I'd be honored to share the role with them; if not, I feel that the three of them stand well as leaders.

What do you fine folks think? Maybe we should cast a vote-- perhaps even set up a poll?

Wow. I'm away for awhile and miss a lot! :D I'd like to have an "official position" and am willing to put in the time to do whatever is needed. But I'm not going to step on anyone's toes to do it. Until I get my membership processed, though, I'll defer to those who are already members.

JamesCannon wrote:
I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Pig wrote:
How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:29 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I sent an email to the BDVP to start things off. No time like the present and all. I'm also getting in touch with a "friend of a friend" in search for the band (a good friend active on the Lexington music scene). The ball has begun rolling.

Browncoat

ZS Wiki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:50 am 

darkaxel wrote:
I sent an email to the BDVP to start things off. No time like the present and all. I'm also getting in touch with a "friend of a friend" in search for the band (a good friend active on the Lexington music scene). The ball has begun rolling.

Excellent work! Once I get the paperwork, I'll post the info needed and fill out everything I can. I'll try to scan the document before I fill it out and post it on here so that everyone can see what it looks like and whatnot.

I'll also try to browse around for potential venues. Glad we're making real progress!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

December 12 at Joseph Beth works for me. Did someone mention a time? Noon? 1pm?

JamesCannon wrote:
I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.

Meat N' Taters wrote:
Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.

Pig wrote:
How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:28 pm 

Kelvar wrote:
December 12 at Joseph Beth works for me. Did someone mention a time? Noon? 1pm?

A little bit later, anywhere between 1-4PM would be best for me, for two reasons: firstly, I'm an hour and a half away, and secondly, I work second shift and live on a second shift schedule. :P But whatever time you guys decide, I'll be there.

Important question, though: do we know anything about the bookstore's stance on firearms? I openly carry everywhere I go and plan to make no exceptions for the meeting. I'd prefer not to be asked to leave at a meeting I helped put together. T__T

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Hmm. Not sure about their firearms policy, TP. Do you not have a license to carry concealed?

JamesCannon wrote:

Meat N' Taters wrote:

Pig wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:55 pm 

Kelvar wrote:
Hmm. Not sure about their firearms policy, TP. Do you not have a license to carry concealed?

Not yet. If I did, I wouldn't have even asked. :D

Maybe I'll find their phone number and ask them. I'm sure I'll probably get an "oh no, no guns allowed because tehy are teh evil and tehy kill ppl. D:"

I've had some bad experiences with asking companies about their policies. I'm usually better off checking for posted signs, and if I see none, carrying in as a trial and error run.

Might have to call them anyway. :\

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:29 pm 

Kelvar wrote:

License to carry concelaed. Open carry is legal, up to the property owners.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:21 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

American_Infidel wrote:
Kelvar wrote:

License to carry concelaed. Open carry is legal, up to the property owners.

Hence the question.

JamesCannon wrote:

Meat N' Taters wrote:

Pig wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm 

could always go to starbucks, personally i dont drink coffee and im not very fond of them , but they did just come out pro-gun not to long ago...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:52 pm 

Takaaco78 wrote:
could always go to starbucks, personally i dont drink coffee and im not very fond of them , but they did just come out pro-gun not to long ago...

If it was just me and me alone picking a location, I'd probably pick Starbucks for that very reason, or one of the restaurants in Lexington that I've had a good time openly carrying in. That said, I'm totally cool with whatever place you guys decide-- but it is rather important to me that I'm allowed to maintain my rights while at our meeting, and I kinda doubt I'm the only one. :P

Still, as I said, the bookstore is totally fine. I just want to know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 pm 

Tribunal Power wrote:
Takaaco78 wrote:

and I kinda doubt I'm the only one. :P

If i am able to make it there , you can bet i will be C.C.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

TP, Jo-Beths Phone # is (859) 273-2911.

Keep in mind that Joseph-Beth is part of the Lexington Green. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a mall or what.

Open carry precludes a bar or club in my mind. Drink + firearms = potential for disaster. I'm not sure about KY law in bars or malls. I think Kelvar could shine some light on that.

Browncoat

ZS Wiki

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next